Peter Wright contact with Harry Cunningham: Pleads Guilty and Receives 4 Week Suspension

How long will Peter be in the sin bin?

• 0 weeks

Votes: 33 13.9%
  • 1 week

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 76 31.9%
  • 5 weeks

Votes: 26 10.9%
  • 6+ weeks

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

4 weeks - good luck to the next AFL player that gets put up as that's the new measuring stick - SPP got 4 weeks I thought 3 was about right but we move on.

Now remember kids you can't use your upper body ANYMORE so if you can't spoil with your fist use your knees to break their ribs or cave their face in as you'll have nothing to answer for but if you bust a knee, leg or ankle in the process we'll trade or delist you

4 weeks - good luck to the next AFL player that gets put up as that's the new measuring stick - SPP got 4 weeks I thought 3 was about right but we move on.

Now remember kids you can't use your upper body ANYMORE so if you can't spoil with your fist use your knees to break their ribs or cave their face in as you'll have nothing to answer for but if you bust a knee, leg or ankle in the process we'll trade or delist you

No you just can’t concuss players do not believe for one second it was a brace (wasn’t deliberate just a poor decision). Both sides agree he was negligent that doesn’t make him a thug just in this instance he made a poor call. Tribunal didn’t take long and they have it bang on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melting Ice Cream GIF by jsot

Meanwhile all rational people knew that this was a 4 week penalty from their first viewing.

He had options. He chose to defend himself with zero thought for his opponent. If decisions like this drive the slow thinkers out of the sport it can only be a good thing.

Meanwhile all rational people knew that this was a 4 week penalty from their first viewing.

He had options. He chose to defend himself with zero thought for his opponent. If decisions like this drive the slow thinkers out of the sport it can only be a good thing.

Yep honestly we love the sport but you know what I love just as much, players having a quality of life post football. This was a 4 week minimum

"Thought" doing a lot of work there - it is the definition of f@cking split second instinctive act. If we were actually serious at punishing intent in this bush league of a comp Kozzie Pickett wouldn't have gotten fully HALF of what Wright got for his dog act on Smith.

Sadly, we will see a lot more players pulling out of contests from here on. Clearly, whether a collision is intentional or not is irrelevant, either way you are looking at weeks on the sidelines if contact is high.

Don’t go high then and players will get the message and change their ways they already have since the crackdown has occurred game is safer than it’s ever been

Yep honestly we love the sport but you know what I love just as much, players having a quality of life post football. This was a 4 week minimum
This sort of split second incidental contact is literally unavoidable in a game like Aussie Rules. Sure, there are plenty more deliberate or careless acts which need to be stamped out for the sake of avoiding concussion incidents, but not a single Swans fan has prosecuted a convincing case as to how Wright was in any way culpable of doing anything except what basically all players would do in that scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Wright contact with Harry Cunningham: Pleads Guilty and Receives 4 Week Suspension

Back