Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Archie looks cute in that photo Baz.

They get big very quickly though don't they. I wish they remained little pup size that little bit longer. Jack as big as he is now, is still technically a pup :eek:

An age old question - How old is a dog before it's no longer a puppy?

Here's two of Archie at just less than 18 Months, sill a puppy? well he certainly acted like one:D Still does sometimes and he's almost 6.

4770330671_9f608f4c8b.jpg

5233815876_ae9f70ddc5.jpg

Not quite sure :confused: Physically Arch looks like a full size dog, but as you say he is only 18 months in those pics.

He was about 23kg then and about 32kg now

Jack is only 11 months.....is he still a puppy?

For sure, and I know what you mean about wanting them to stay little pup size for a bit longer, they're like kids in that way, you love them through every stage of their lives, but you sometimes look back and wish they were little again.

Enjoy the puppy times Dan, but the dog times are great too:thumbsu:

Physically the puppy stage has well and truly finished! lol

Tug of war games are a battle....

305306_164312550329736_144723528955305_289401_1290872889_n.jpg

Oh, oh, a whole new can of worms.:D Tug of war games, should you? shouldn't you? Are you supposed to win all the time, or half the time?
Lot's of different opinions on this. I try to win most of the time. Archie can be a pain in the arse sometimes playing fetch, he'll bring the ball back, but wants to play tug of war instead of giving it back. It's a different story if I have treats, he'll do whatever I say then:rolleyes:

Jack would pull the socket out of my shoulder if I tried to win all the time. I haven't got video footage personally, but this is what it's like playing tug of war with a staffy....

[YOUTUBE]GG8gF8aYGig[/YOUTUBE]

*note, it doesn't hurt there teeth when doing that. Staffy's have incredibly strong jaws. They have all the physical attributes to pitbulls, just only a lot friendly and placid type of a dog.

As for treats, I know what you mean Baz lol. They hear that sound of you getting those treats out of cupboard/draws and they become instantly smarter dogs that'll do what you want :p

Jack would pull the socket out of my shoulder if I tried to win all the time. I haven't got video footage personally, but this is what it's like playing tug of war with a staffy....

[youtube]GG8gF8aYGig[/youtube]

*note, it doesn't hurt there teeth when doing that. Staffy's have incredibly strong jaws. They have all the physical attributes to pitbulls, just only a lot friendly and placid type of a dog.

As for treats, I know what you mean Baz lol. They hear that sound of you getting those treats out of cupboard/draws and they become instantly smarter dogs that'll do what you want :p

When I was a kid we had a little Australian Terrier, Dad used to put an old jumper on the clothes line and she would latch on to it and hang on while it spun around, she loved it. :D

[YOUTUBE]GG8gF8aYGig[/YOUTUBE]

Even saying the word treat, schmacko or bikkies and their faces light up and tails wag with my two. :D Good bribing material for bath time.:)

He was about 23kg then and about 32kg now

For sure, and I know what you mean about wanting them to stay little pup size for a bit longer, they're like kids in that way, you love them through every stage of their lives, but you sometimes look back and wish they were little again.

Enjoy the puppy times Dan, but the dog times are great too:thumbsu:

Arch is one sleek dog there SB. When I was around 8 or so we had a black lab for a couple of years til some swine baited him. There was tears.

Some breeds never seem to "grow up", I tell Clyde he's the oldest puppy on the island, he's 11 in March and still a big sooky la la mummas boy who gets excited when visitors come, running around like a puppy then having a roll on his back. Bonnie is Miss Too Cool for School.

My dog died today
He was bloated for a few days but showed no sign of pain until this morning
Last night he stared at me through the window as i sat here on the computer, he was telling me something was wrong but i was to drunk/stoned
When i woke in the morning he was in a bad way. He was on the ground with his head still up but i could see he was in a lot of pain. I rang the 24/7 vet and got a answering machine that did give info for a emergency line but i made the mistake of thinking he was not in that emergency stage and i would wait 3 hours for it to open in normal business hours.
He didn't make it.
Bloat is the second leading killer of dogs, after cancer.....who knew

His name was bomber ( after Essendon ) :D and we were best mates for 7 years
He was always there for me and i gave him lots of fun memories

R.I.P Buddy

Sorry about bomber (RIP), Pepziteric.

Thanks for the heads up - I'd never heard of canine bloat and now I know a lot more after Google.

Frequent small meals instead of one big one and no exercise just before or just after eating. I can do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a couple of the mistress of our house, her name is Polly.

MG5467-L.jpg

polly-L.jpg

Nice, I really like grey cats (got one), cats really do own the house don't they?:)

Thanks Baz and Dan and yes Baz we don't own them, we're their slaves!

Yeah, we don't have a cat flap in the door, so every time someone goes in or out Max does the same:rolleyes:. Also every evening at 5pm Max comes in and hangs around the fridge, acting all affectionate, rubbing up against anyone who looks like they might feed him. This is not really Max's go though as he is not really the most affectionate cat except when it's cold and you've got a nice warm lap.;)

Thanks Baz and Dan and yes Baz we don't own them, we're their slaves!

So true bs. They train us from the moment we first lay eyes on them. Our cat Holly runs the joint like a military prison! I am her lacky!

I almost forgot....it was my little champs birthday yesterday.

Jack is now a year old :)

Sister insisted on getting ice cream cake :confused: Jack did however get half my steak as a present lol.

Happy Birthday Jack. :D

He's still a puppy Dan. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back