Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the system is literally designed to give overs to underperforming teams, and unders to successful teams.

The system gave Hawthorn pick 19 for Buddy Franklin in his prime after Hawthorn won the flag.

The system will (likely) give pick 2 for an above average KPD in Ben McKay in his prime after NMFC finish last.

This is the system working as intended.
This is definitely not the system working as intended.

It was designed so if a player of Buddy or Tom Lynch’s level left a top team that team would gain less than if they left a team at the bottom of the ladder. As the team at the bottom of the ladder has less ability to cover them leaving and to level the comp up a bit.

It wasn’t designed for much lesser players to get jacked up compensation well above and beyond what that player is worth.

The compensation was always designed to be less than what the player would go for. Just to punish lower teams less.

Put a big contract in front of them if need be. But north definitely had/have the ability to grab them. Just got to convince them to want to join.
Whats a bit of illegal draft tampering between mates, hey?

Whats a bit of illegal draft tampering between mates, hey?
Nothing illegal about it. GWS attempted it with Tom Mitchell. Mitchell ended up with a deal from the swans to get him to nominate them.

North only have themselves to blame if they can’t attract these sorts of players.

An elite player in a declining side looking to rebuild.

Geelong. Not sure who they could trade

I don't think North are quite on the verge of turning the corner to make it worth trading the number one pick. West Coast are definitely not trading the #1 pick away.

If we had a lottery and Gold Coast got the #1 pick then I think they could potentially trade it away to push for top 4.

An elite player in a declining side looking to rebuild.

Geelong. Not sure who they could trade

I don't think North are quite on the verge of turning the corner to make it worth trading the number one pick. West Coast are definitely not trading the #1 pick away.

If we had a lottery and Gold Coast got the #1 pick then I think they could potentially trade it away to push for top 4.
Zero chance Suns trade 1 - they get the 2 best player in the draft.

Apart from the losing culture the club is now permeated with.

That's worked out well in the past...
Hmmn .. good point!

Is there some risk Read will indicate his preference to go to a stronger Vic team in the draft or to be traded out at the first available opportunity?

Melbourne will either end up with Pick 1 and pay a price or pay another price when Reads first contract expires. whichever team holds Pick 1 will have decent bargaining power.

Interesting times.

I just saw this post elsewhere

Just imagining a scenario where North split #1 to Melb for picks. Then trade for GC pick
#1 for 4,15, 24 and F1
16, 24, 38, 53 for #4 (500pt premium) plus no bid on Walter
They (North) could potentially hold (assuming 2 for McKay and Sanders prelisting)
2,4,5,Sanders (7ish) and 15 plus Melb F1 o_O...........and Eagles with picks 3,21,25

I'd still prefer Reid but jeez what a draft haul that would be. You'd want it to be a good draft class though.

Hmmn .. good point!

Is there some risk Read will indicate his preference to go to a stronger Vic team in the draft or to be traded out at the first available opportunity?
Geez, as a young player with Clarko coaching, I'd love to go to North. Their list is going to be the best in the competition in the next 5 years including the players they get this draft.

I just saw this post elsewhere
In that scenario we'd have 2,5,6, Sanders and 16 I think. Unless you wanna to take Hawthorns pick away from them.

2. Curtin
5. Watson /Duursma
6. Sullivan
Pre-list Sanders
16. Croft? / Edwards / Reid

Decent haul that fills a lot of list holes on paper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is McDonald-Tipingwuti proving anything? He was one of the most overrated players in the last 10 years. If you could even call him rated by people outside Essendon.
Your club has a pretty good 170cm player.

I would love for whoever we pick to end up as good as him.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back