Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread should be changed to Pick 2 (Curtin) Trade Value - What would it take?

Obviously North are unlikely to trade the rights for Reid. Curtin is a pretty obvious second selection for North, whilst West Coast are obviously very keen.

What’s it worth to go from pick 3 to 2?
Hawthorn has absolutely no interest in trading with WC for pick 2. GC might I suppose? Assuming NM don't bid on Reid.

Walter - and we should bid.
Yes sorry brain fade from me. Obviously I meant Walter. Do you genuinely believe you will bid? You haven't in all the previous cases like Campbell, Daicos and Darcy.

I can't see it personally, but you would know NM better than me.

Yes sorry brain fade from me. Obviously I meant Walter. Do you genuinely believe you will bid? You haven't in all the previous cases like Campbell, Daicos and Darcy.

I can't see it personally, but you would know NM better than me.
I don’t think we will even though we should. The prize money and prestige of 1 is why we didn’t. Walter is a better fit even though we are zero chance to land him.

We should be forcing the max payment by bidding.

This is the ramblings of a clown.

Reid does not = 3 first round picks. He equals Pick 1 if he gets taken at Pick 1.

McKay = the compensation pick according to the band determined by his contract.

Pick 16 is ours as part of a trade executed last year.

Logic is not your strong suit is it?

Why should we lose what we actually have? The only item you can argue is Sanders, which is one additional first round pick.

The rest is just s**t you made up to try and validate some moronic point of view you have.
Sorry, posters have been saying that Reid is worth three first round picks for this entire thread. That doesn't change just because he's now going to a Victorian club.

Not all number one picks are the same. The AFL is incredibly glad that you've stumbled into a Reiwoldt level talent instead of a Watts level talent.

That means you're absolutely on the right path to being competitive, which is all anyone wants. You have enough talent, now we just need to see what a good coach can do.

Stop being desperate. You have what you deserve, and it's incredibly fortunate what you will get.

No serious North fans are advocating for special assistance that involves draft picks at the top of the first round.

Free agency compensation is an entirely separate issue and it's an entitlement that applies equally to all clubs.
I completely agree.

If McKay gets $800k+ for two or more years, then the compensation is appropriate.

Ah yes.

They got in a DeLorean and forecast the Eagles beating North at home on the back of a recent 180 point defeat and then beating the finals bound Dogs in Melbourne in the second last game of the season to jump above them.

4D chess right there.
The 4d chess was the plan over multiple seasons to engineer a bounty of picks to completely rebuild a list. It looks like it has worked perfectly.

North clearly got sick of finishing 10th.

The 4d chess was the plan over multiple seasons to engineer a bounty of picks to completely rebuild a list. It looks like it has worked perfectly.

Apart from the losing culture the club is now permeated with.

That's worked out well in the past...

Apart from the losing culture the club is now permeated with.

That's worked out well in the past...
Oh I think it will all end in tears. But their tanking has the whole league talking about a bounty of picks for them when your club is actually the worst one and in the worst position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if this has already been suggested or asked. Can Richmond get GC pick 4? I don't know how the points work that GC require, but I assume Richmond has enough picks to make it happen.

Tigers get pick 4
GC get Dusty and picks 26, 45, 63, 81, 99 (or what ever points GC need to get the additional points for their academy players)
GC maybe hand back a rnd 3 or 4 2023 selection.

Apologies if this has already been suggested or asked. Can Richmond get GC pick 4? I don't know how the points work that GC require, but I assume Richmond has enough picks to make it happen.

Tigers get pick 4
GC get Dusty and picks 26, 45, 63, 81, 99 (or what ever points GC need to get the additional points for their academy players)
GC can't afford Martin, his contract is around $1.5 million next season.

Tigers get pick 4
That trade values dusty as pick 22. Tigers would need to pay a significant portion of his rumoured $1.5m salary to make that happen. Picks are only worth points in the first 4 rounds - 81 and 99 are worth 0 points.

Also need to factor in clubs can only take an amount of picks in to the draft as they have open list spots.

That trade values dusty as pick 22. Tigers would need to pay a significant portion of his rumoured $1.5m salary to make that happen. Picks are only worth points in the first 4 rounds - 81 and 99 are worth 0 points.

Also need to factor in clubs can only take an amount of picks in to the draft as they have open list spots.
GC can't afford Martin, his contract is around $1.5 million next season.
Yeah I think Richmond would only consider something like this if they could salary dump.

I think in that trade tigers would give 2 picks and dusty for 4. The picks would be 26,2024r2.
Maybe add 45 from Richmond, gc gives back 62,63.

Probably more likely gc trade with GWS or bulldogs for 2 first rounders they then trade further with. Richmond could trade for one of those.
Say 10,50 for 26, Dusty.

Last edited:

It’s called rebuilding.

Every team in the AFL does it.

Your club is doing it right now. The jettisoned mature players and replaced them with young players. Who knows you might have eeked out a couple of extra wins with some of those experienced players.

Oh I think it will all end in tears. But their tanking has the whole league talking about a bounty of picks for them when your club is actually the worst one and in the worst position.
You need to get your facts straight. Tanking and rebuilding are two very different things.

Tanking is actively going out there to lose. Just because you are rebuilding a side that might not currently be capable of winning every week, it’s not tanking a result.

The very nature of rebuilding means you have to give game time to players that may not be 100% ready at the level, which can lead to loses. But you need to do that to develop and rebuild.

Tanking assumes that you have sent a side out there to lose. To very different things.

You need to get your facts straight. Tanking and rebuilding are two very different things.

Tanking is actively going out there to lose. Just because you are rebuilding a side that might not currently be capable of winning every week, it’s not tanking a result.

The very nature of rebuilding means you have to give game time to players that may not be 100% ready at the level, which can lead to loses. But you need to do that to develop and rebuild.

Tanking assumes that you have sent a side out there to lose. To very different things.
Hawthorn is rebuilding. North is tanking.

The difference is obvious every game.

Hawthorn is rebuilding. North is tanking.

The difference is obvious every game.
How is North tanking?

Just because they aren’t winning games, it doesn’t mean they are going out to intentionally lose.

The definition of tanking is to intentionally lose. Massive difference between not being good enough and intentionally losing.

You are making an assumption based on results that we are tanking which is incorrect.

I didn't see anyone out there protesting over the last 3 years when North have clearly been the worst team in the competition, but have been denied access to the top-level talent each year for different reasons (JUH, Ashcroft, Daicos, etc).
North didn’t have access to JUH but he was also picked up before your pick.

North did have access to Daicos, Ashcroft and Walter this year though.

All they had/have to do is get them to not nominate with their aligned club and instead go into the draft as per normal.

Put a big contract in front of them if need be. But north definitely had/have the ability to grab them. Just got to convince them to want to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back