Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chadwiko Do you really not know that promising not to bid on players as part of a trade is draft tampering and liable to sanctions?
Good luck ever proving it beyond a doubt.

Good luck ever proving it beyond a doubt.
The AFL is not law and order or any other TV show. They do not require any burden of proof to impose any sanction they choose.

They don't even require a broken rule to sanction a club. Just ask Sydney.

The AFL is not law and order or any other TV show. They do not require any burden of proof to impose any sanction they choose.

They don't even require a broken rule to sanction a club. Just ask Sydney.

You have quite an odd outlook on AFL rules and impropriety.

What, you think clubs don’t collude on these offers and who would put in a clause like that. It's just trade etiquette.

History has lessons for all.
I am not aware of any such collusion ever having happened. Many such deals have been suggested on bigfooty but they never actually seem to have happened.

The only vaguely similar sort of collusion I have ever heard of was the Tippett case. And everybody got burned but good for that.

Can Harley Reid get in the car and be home in 90 minutes every week from Subiaco?
Bendigo to Melbourne is 3 hours at least. Throw in traffic because Melbourne has the worst infrastructure with roads there is in the country. How do I know because I've lived in Bendigo myself. It's a long journey and impossible to commute to and from without relocating.

You are dreaming If you think Reid is going to be driving up and down 3 hours everyday to play footy. Plus Bendigo is a shit hole. Reid and his family are probably dieing to get out of there.

Bendigo to Melbourne is 3 hours at least. Throw in traffic because Melbourne has the worst infrastructure with roads there is in the country. How do I know because I've lived in Bendigo myself. It's a long journey and impossible to commute to and from without relocating.

You are dreaming If you think Reid is going to be driving up and down 3 hours everyday to play footy. Plus Bendigo is a s**t hole. Reid and his family are probably dieing to get out of there.

Bendigo is actually really pretty with the Jacaranda’s and federation era buildings.

But Harley isn’t from Bendigo, he is from Tongala, which is a lot closer to Echuca than Bendigo. Bendigo is just his Coates Talent League team that he plays for.

You are dreaming If you think Reid is going to be driving up and down 3 hours everyday to play footy. Plus Bendigo is a s**t hole. Reid and his family are probably dieing to get out of there.

a) heaps of Melbourne-based players commute to homes and properties across country Victoria weekly. HEAPS.
b) multiple members of Reid's family are very well known across local footy to have been vocal about wanting to stay exactly where they are.

I get that you're excited for Reid and I'm sure there's every chance he will happily come to WCE. But it's foolish to stick your head in the sand and pretend that there hasn't been ample smoke from the 'Reid wants to stay in VIC' fire.

a) heaps of Melbourne-based players commute to homes and properties across country Victoria weekly. HEAPS.
b) multiple members of Reid's family are very well known across local footy to have been vocal about wanting to stay exactly where they are.

I get that you're excited for Reid and I'm sure there's every chance he will happily come to WCE. But it's foolish to stick your head in the sand and pretend that there hasn't been ample smoke from the 'Reid wants to stay in VIC' fire.
You have no idea. Stop pretending like you know shit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC should just bar all offers and take Reid.

These hyped up kids coming into the system should not be allowed to voice their preferences. It compromises the draft even further.

What shits me with JHF is that there seems to have been discussions and dealings behind the scenes prior to being taken with pick one. Should be investigated but will never be aired.

In any case North seem to have done well in recovering from that mess. If Reid wanted to trade back to Melbourne (which wouldn't be likely if WC were up and about) then they would be rightly compensated with a suitable trade.

There’s no doubt that Harley and his family would rather he stay in VIC.

You’re right about the country footy connection. Harley’s family have all said to anyone who would listen in local footy community that they’d rather him stay close to home.

The reality is almost every draftee would say the same if they had a choose of club.

The reality is draftees don’t have that choice.
West Coast know exactly what you know, and they’re backing themselves to take Harley unless an enormous offer comes for him.

They won’t accept 2 and ports first.

unfortunately for Harley, of all the non-Vic clubs, West Coast is the least likely to be spooked into trading pick 1 given their record of retaining talent.

I know you don’t want your club to be the only club along with GWS to have lost a #1 draft pick, but West Coast aren’t a weak club like North Melbourne is, or GWS, or even Fremantle back in 2001.

I think you need to stop projecting.

There’s no doubt that Harley and his family would rather he stay in VIC.

You’re right about the country footy connection. Harley’s family have all said to anyone who would listen in local footy community that they’d rather him stay close to home.

The reality is almost every draftee would say the same if they had a choose of club.

The reality is draftees don’t have that choice.
West Coast know exactly what you know, and they’re backing themselves to take Harley unless an enormous offer comes for him.

They won’t accept 2 and ports first.

unfortunately for Harley, of all the non-Vic clubs, West Coast is the least likely to be spooked into trading pick 1 given their record of retaining talent.

I know you don’t want your club to be the only club along with GWS to have lost a #1 draft pick, but West Coast aren’t a weak club like North Melbourne is, or GWS, or even Fremantle back in 2001.

I think you need to stop projecting.

I agree with everything in this post except the last sentence.

Imagine if he did have an actual source close to Reid. You think he should burn that source for an internet forum?
Already resolved with him Chaddy, maybe stick to handing out those disagree reactions

Did you used to ride your scooter to Melbourne when you lived in Bendigo?

I highly doubt Reid will stay in Bendigo when he's drafted, but being able to drive up there on your days off would clearly be a bonus for him.

Can't see the Eagles drafting him to be honest, I reckon they will work out a way to trade pick one away.

Last edited:
My point exactly. Take Reid.

Um no.

Its take Reid unless a compelling offer is made.

It sounds that Melbourne are very keen to land him. And are prepared to make and have the ability to make a compelling offer.

Being at the opposite ends of the list cycle looks like the Dees are prepared to pay more for a high impact player while they are contending. Which is totally understandable.

North at the other end of the cycle are not prepared to pay overs. Again which is totally understandable.

Thats why North wont be in the running. Maybe if they got pick 3 as McKay compo and direct access to Sanders they may reconsider and revise their bid closer to market levels.

Yeah, not 6 hours commuting each day.

Nothing's stopping his family from staying where they are.

From his uncle, who's a North supporter.

In other news, 2+2=4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back