Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good a counter point as I’ve seen but I think the point I carry on about no end remains the same and this even adds to it. The cost for pick 1 is absurd when it’s cheaper to get proven elite young talent like Jackson compared to a kid who hasn’t played a game of AFL yet. The market is ****ed
I agree with that completely. It can all get a bit silly sometimes. Odds are Reid won't be better than both of whoever is taken 4th and 5th.

You’ve completely missed my point.

My point is that it isn’t Harley who is anxious/concerned about moving to WA.

It’s his family who are having issues coming to terms with it.

Make if that what you will.
And what I'm saying is that some families will move and whether they do or don't, clubs have strategies in place to help those kids who have to relocate.

No sources, or indication of such, other than your 'word'.

Reeks of desperation that you want Reid at North.

I've also heard that Curtin doesn't want to leave WA. Not saying how I know though.
I’d love Reid, but not enough to manufacture a claim that he doesn’t want to leave Victoria to suit me posting with randoms on bigfooty.

I’d also love Curtin. Personally I don’t think the gap between the two is that big.

Or you can just choose to not believe it.

Expecting someone to reveal sources on bigfooty is hilarious.
Unless I’ve missed something, you haven’t even said sources, just side stepped around the question? Also, choosing not to believe it? It’s like the whole foundation of your argument on here, how can anyone discuss with you in that case.

It’s easy enough to say someone close to him has said that to you. I was telling the Freo board a year before we got Jackson that he was coming without directly saying it was coming from basically his family members telling anyone who would listen

Well that just isn’t true. My comments were that Harley doesn’t want to leave Victoria. That actually hasn’t got anything to do with WCEs list management team.
You ended that same sentence by saying he very likely won't (leave Victoria)

Unless I’ve missed something, you haven’t even said sources, just side stepped around the question? Also, choosing not to believe it? It’s like the whole foundation of your argument on here, how can anyone discuss with you in that case.

It’s easy enough to say someone close to him has said that to you. I was telling the Freo board a year before we got Jackson that he was coming without directly saying it was coming from basically his family members telling anyone who would listen
That’s fair enough Snuff, I’m happy to go with someone close to him if that will put people at ease.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be so quick to completely disregard psicosis’ comments.

Reid’s family are pretty open in and around footy community that they don’t expect him to be at West Coast.

While normally you expect people to play a straight bat he has openly said he expects West Coast to trade the pick to either North or Melbourne.

I’m just not sure if his uncle has a correct read (no pun intended) on West Coasts intentions.

Edit: when I say footy community, I mean country footy.

Last edited:
That’s fair enough Snuff, I’m happy to go with someone close to him if that will put people at ease.
Great, thanks, obviously WC fans will choose to believe your completely full of shit but it gives it a bit more credibility 😃😃

Personally, I hope they bring in the proposed changes of lowering FA ages but increasing 1st round contracts to 3 or 4 years because it’s getting out of hand if the smoke around Reid is true. It’s ridiculous where at the point where pick 1 is valued on as much as whether the kid is from your state as how good he is. Your club got ****ed on JHF, GWS got ****ed having no choice but to pay a stupid price to get a kid no one thought was the best in the draft at pick 1

Its not about what he wants though thats irrelevant.

Its about wce likely getting offered more now than what they will get offered in 25 when he requests a trade home (they will get at least 2 high r1s for him then). Unless they get offered more than that they should take him. Its a business decision.

Its funny how for a week..the the chance for a trade was off and now is back on. For me Id wonder...how much WC want to add Curtin and lock him in rather than chase him later. Maybe they add Reid and maybe he settles and stays..but mayeb they can get Curtin and get one or two other young players..maybe WA kids , maybe not.

No matter what ..WC will get we paid for P1.. either this year or in 25.

I’m not alluding to a go home factor, you’re mistaken. I am stating that he does not want to leave Victoria now and very likely won’t.

And plenty of Vic players prefer not to leave Victoria......but they do because its a national competition and draft.

Some never look back. The mummies boys run home. Some get poached with big offers from big clubs preying on weaker less successful clubs.

This is such a massive mis read of the situation.

If Dees thought they could get him for cheaper in 2 years, logic would dictate they’d wait til then to get the deal done.

What Melbourne know is letting him go to West Coast the risk is he settles well and stays, and he doesn’t and wants to come home in a year or 2 years, they won’t be the club to benefit because they won’t have the picks to facilitate the deal in a competitive market (10 teams)- which is exactly what happened with Cerra and why he went to Carlton and not Melbourne.

West Coast are in a no lose situation. Either deals come for pick 1 which satisfy West Coast, or they take him.
Clubs go straight to work on the high end picks by offering them at least an extra year, if not 2.

It’s almost always too tempting to get off minimum wage and straight to a pretty healthy salary, so whilst JHF was an exception, top picks usually spend at least the first 3 years at a club - even if their ultimate plan is to go home.

I don’t think any club is going to make plans around a player hopefully wanting to come home in 3 or 4 years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah here we go. Another know it all that's knows nothing. Wasting Oxygen.

Can you link me to where Harley Reid himself has gone on record and said he is happy to leave VIC?

I'm not saying I don't believe you. I just haven't seen that definitive statement you're referring to.

No you keep alluring to going home factor which is incorrect. There's absolutely no go home factor because Reid would be required to travel and relocate regardless of what club he goes too. Your point of him being Victorian is invalid on that bases. There is no Bendigo team in the AFL. Reid would give two shits about Melbourne as his not a city boy.

Can Harley Reid get in the car and be home in 90 minutes every week from Subiaco?

You are categorically stating you know he doesn’t want to move. Seems reasonable you state how you know this

Imagine if he did have an actual source close to Reid. You think he should burn that source for an internet forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back