Pick 1 - what chance of this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice thinking but we would need to throw in a Sidebottom or O'brien for any chance to get pick 1. Still convinced something big is brewing and indication are that we are after pick 6. Surely we would only chase pick if we felt we could use this to have a fair crack at pick 1.[/quo

"throw in O'Brien"..ok where do i sign!!

Melbourne just got bent over hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GWS get rid of a mid they could get with with pick 10 to 40 in any draft and give up 9 for pick 2.

Melbourne drop down to pick 9 and pick up another fringe mid with injury history and give up pick 2.

This tells me that Melbourne rate no Mid in this years draft as better than Dom Tyson, who has only 2 years more development than anyone drafted this year, maybe less due to games played. WoW!

Unless they use it to on trade for another player. Most picks have value to someone even if your club isnt going to use it!

The point remains though, if Adams and Shaw are approximately equal value then the trade is pick 2 for 11 +27.. heavily in our favor considering pick 27 has little worth in a shallow draft

Mate of mine swears Boyd is coming to us via pick one.

I know he actually has some very good contacts at GWS but when I ask how, he won't answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will go like this ......

Coll give picks 11 & 27 to WCE for picks 6 & 40 .....

Coll give Shaw , picks 6 and 10 to GWS for Adams and either picks 1 or 2 .....

Coll give Syd pick 40 for White and Armstrong .....

With GWS already having Cameron and Patton , they may decide to by-pass Boyd for a midfielder and Boyd slips to pick 2 .

I know he actually has some very good contacts at GWS but when I ask how, he won't answer.
In a way it makes sense as they may be willing to part with ot now they have pick 2. If we strike a deal with west coast we could give GWS pick 6 and 11 for pick 1.
Maybe throw in 27 too,hope your mate is right.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Ok by way of update he reckons it will be pick six and Blair/Goldsack/Sidey.

Could see pick 6 and Sidey getting it done.

If your source is accurate it would be a major coup for this club... i'm still highly skeptical GWS are going to let Boyd go when Patton has injury troubles and outside of him and Cameron they don't have much going for them KPP wise

6 and sidebottom for pick 1 seems like overs.. sidebottom has 10 years of great footy left in him and is a very very good player, we could also turn pick 6 into the next pendlebury.. both of those players for boyd?

Now I am out!

If we trade Sidey for anyone i'll be pissed! Really pissed! This is Steele we are talking about here.....crack open the earlier threads when we first recruited him.....No way, I'm not supporting this!

GWS should be shut down if they trade away Boyd. There's no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back