Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian under-18 Full Forward.

Good leading mark. Good pack mark. Able to mark the thing with his arms outstretched above his scone. Able to pick the thing up at ankle level very cleanly. Strongly team-oriented, both in terms of firing off quick handballs to players running past, and in terms of quickly turning after he marks it to see if anyone's further down the ground to pass it to (rather than assuming he'll have a set shot every time he marks it). Excellent kick for goal.

He's a natural gun full-forward. Given that we've just lost one of those, it wouldn't exactly be a waste of pick 12...

This wouldn't be a bad set up if Carlton draft a medium.

HF: Tapscott Waite Yarran
F: Betts Henderson Walker

Sheppard has pace and skill, yet Hughes appears to be looking at drafting players who are hard at the ball and can kick.

Kreuzer
Browne
Armfield
Joseph
Ellard
Yarran
Robinson
O'keeffe
Tiller
Garlett

There aren't any squibs in that group.

I can see Carlton drafting the hardest player and the best kick with pick 12.

Lucas will go to Port IMO.

Tapscott would balance the list after the loss of Stevens' right boot.

This wouldn't be a bad set up if Carlton draft a medium.

HF: Tapscott Waite Yarran
F: Betts Henderson Walker

Sheppard has pace and skill, yet Hughes appears to be looking at drafting players who are hard at the ball and can kick.

Kreuzer
Browne
Armfield
Joseph
Ellard
Yarran
Robinson
O'keeffe
Tiller
Garlett

There aren't any squibs in that group.

I can see Carlton drafting the hardest player and the best kick with pick 12.

Lucas will go to Port IMO.

Tapscott would balance the list after the loss of Stevens' right boot.
Love the guy but Garlett is a bit of a squib. But then the guy is thinner than a french supermodel so avoiding bumps are probably the best way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the guy but Garlett is a bit of a squib. But then the guy is thinner than a french supermodel so avoiding bumps are probably the best way to go.
I don't consider Garlett a squib.

Garlett contested a high ball against the Saints running with the flight and roving his tap to snap a great goal.

I can also recall Garlett ragdolling Drummond or another Brisbane player at the Gabba to win a free kick.

Not a squib.
But all the recruiters are saying that after pick 8 its all so even so you pick on a needs basis. So what do we need most?
Personally I think another KPP.
If it's a thin draft, best available is the only sensible policy to use when assessing the talent.

Unless the players are hard to split, you shouldn't draft for need.

Would you give up Mitch Robinson for Jordan Lisle?

Though I want Carlton to draft someone with mongrel.

I don't consider Garlett a squib.

Garlett contested a high ball against the Saints running with the flight and roving his tap to snap a great goal.

I can also recall Garlett ragdolling Drummond or another Brisbane player at the Gabba to win a free kick.

Not a squib.

If it's a thin draft, best available is the only sensible policy to use when assessing the talent.

Unless the players are hard to split, you shouldn't draft for need.

Would you give up Mitch Robinson for Jordan Lisle?

Though I want Carlton to draft someone with mongrel.

No the recruiters are saying that its too hard to really put a concrete list in order after pick 8 they are so even. Pick 12 may be as good as pick 30 for example - so you pick for needs - its what alot of the recruiters are saying.

Yes they did although I wouldn't exactly say free of charge.

A 29yo Fev is worth about 2 first round picks....we got 8 and 12, and 8 has 2 years development :thumbsu:

(edit, forgot about 27, nevermind....still if Fev was out the door....ah stuff it, we're arguing over an intangible on the internet....will leave that stuff for Paf ;))

My draft suggestions:

Pick 12 Preference:
1) Luke Tapscott- Great kicking skills, midfielder who can go forward
2) Lewis Jetta- Goal kicking indigenous midfielder
3) John Butcher- Best KPP in the draft but can't kick for toffee
4) Best available

Pick 43 Preference:
1) Jesse Smith- It'd be pretty easy to price Geelong out of the market I would've thought

Pick whatever:
1. Sam Jacobs- Rookie upgrade

Would be happy to take a punt on Jesse, heard him compared to Goddard on the radio the other day, would be a Massive bonus if we could get him up and going again, and at that point of the draft would be worth the chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back