Player Watch Pick #16 (2016) - Todd Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish people wouldn’t use such over the top emotive language when talking about guys that play for our club. It’s a bit shit. You can have a discussion without it and there is a middle ground between superstar and delist material. Hope that Todd recovers quickly from this knock. Hate seeing our guys get hurt, especially concussion.

I wish people wouldn’t use such over the top emotive language when talking about guys that play for our club. It’s a bit shit. You can have a discussion without it and there is a middle ground between superstar and delist material. Hope that Todd recovers quickly from this knock. Hate seeing our guys get hurt, especially concussion.
This is a really good point. The posts in this thread are either that he's a superstar (El Scorcho, Philthy) or a dud (the rest of us, including at times, me). The reality is that he's a serviceable footballer when fit, but neither a champ or a hack. He has been best 22, at least until the last month, but by no means our go-to forward since 2022.

Hope he recovers well and that he can find some consistent good health. He seems like a genuinely good person who has copped a very rough deal in life so far.

When you say let it go what you mean is you have to right to post opinions in this thread but I cannot reply to them to point out how they’re factually wrong.
No it’s means your faith is so blind it’s pointless trying to argue anything else

Todd is amazing, I can’t believe people think he underperforms, did you know his tears cure cancer !

ok we good now?

No it’s means your faith is so blind it’s pointless trying to argue anything else

Todd is amazing, I can’t believe people think he underperforms, did you know his tears cure cancer !

ok we good now?
Lame.

This is a really good point. The posts in this thread are either that he's a superstar (El Scorcho, Philthy) or a dud (the rest of us, including at times, me).

There’s this weird misconception here that people calling out posts saying Todd is shit equals those posters think he’s a superstar.

I can only think that this assumption is made because one end is so extreme that the other end must be to the other extreme, despite there being no proof.

Feel free to go back over any of mine or el scorchos posts to find where Todd has been labelled a superstar.

Basing what port pays him off what you “heard” hawks offered him. Lol.

I trust my source, I couldn't care less whether anyone on here believes it or not. And based off that information, I consider it extremely unlikely that he signed an extension at Port for too much less than the figure Hawthorn are alleged to have offered him. My suspicion is that he's in our top 5 paid players, which is basically an outrage.

Thumbs down reacts only please Hot Toddys :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I think it is time to call a truce about the impact Marshall has while he is going through this latest traumatic experience with concussion.

It is not looking good for Todd and he has been through so much in his life.

I am fearful that he has played his last game of footy.

Now is not the time to debate the strengths and weaknesses in his game.

Keep Todd in your thoughts until he has a much clearer picture of what his future holds.

Yep it’s gone beyond the pale now

Regardless of your thoughts and beliefs (and some seem to have a almost religious devotion to St Todd)

Reality is it’s hard to see him coming back given the frequency he’s getting concussed.

All the best Todd you’ve done well for someone with so much adversity lined up against you but it’s probably over now

This is just a lovely genuine sentiment. You love to see it.

This is a really good point. The posts in this thread are either that he's a superstar (El Scorcho, Philthy) or a dud (the rest of us, including at times, me). The reality is that he's a serviceable footballer when fit, but neither a champ or a hack. He has been best 22, at least until the last month, but by no means our go-to forward since 2022.

Hope he recovers well and that he can find some consistent good health. He seems like a genuinely good person who has copped a very rough deal in life so far.

I completely agree that his actual output is somewhere in between the two opinions here, but I can say for sure that Philthy and myself mostly post in reaction to some of the most hyperbolic bullshit negativity about a Port Adelaide footballer i've ever seen.

Even him not being our "go-to" forward since 2022, he kicked 36 goals last year (2nd behind Finlayson) and was 4th in the league for average Marks Inside 50. He'd have easily lead our goalkicking last year if he wasn't carrying a hip injury limiting his range. This year, in a year where he's having a down year and has changed his role to be further up the ground to accommodate Georgiades, is still 11th in the league for average marks inside 50 in 2024.

This is for a bloke who a lot on this forum would tell you should be delisted.

I guess i'm about to be told by a few posters here that marks inside 50 are a cherrypicked stat that doesn't matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely agree that his actual output is somewhere in between the two opinions here, but I can say for sure that Philthy and myself mostly post in reaction to some of the most hyperbolic bullshit negativity about a Port Adelaide footballer i've ever seen.

Quite the opposite - anytime any level of criticism is directed towards Marshall, philthy responds with a sermon. And around we go.

This is just a lovely genuine sentiment. You love to see it.
Farken LOL this is how distorted this thread is and why it’s a cesspit

Hot tip Scorcho it’s not impossible that a person could think someone is an underwhelming/underperforming golden boy as a footballer and equally NOT want them to live their life out with CTE

Perhaps you can’t …

But then again hot toddy’s have this frothing devotion to their deity like a MAGA republican

My mistake is taking the care and time to explain my reason with people who aren’t basing their opinions on reason.

Your mistake is actually believing the bullshit you type about Marshall.

Your mistake is actually believing the bullshit you type about Marshall.
See that’s where you’re wrong Chewy port needs to get back to being the club we knew, the ruthless cleaning out of those who won’t make it ….

Except for Todd when it comes to him then THATs different and for reasons lots and lots of reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #16 (2016) - Todd Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back