News Pick 4 For Daniel Wells -Reported-

Remove this Banner Ad

And you won't get Wells.

And (usually I have the power to do it anyway) in respect to the superb mods here, close thread.
PSD. we have salary space, load up his first year to scare off GC...and we then keep pick four :)

we will then see how much North blood Wells would have if WCE offered extra 250k a year:)

PSD. we have salary space, load up his first year to scare off GC...and we then keep pick four :)

we will then see how much North blood Wells would have if WCE offered extra 250k a year:)

That would bankrupt the kangaroos. Are the even using their entire salary cap?

Pick 4 will be substantially better than Wells
and for a longer time. It would be a most "critical" mistake by the club to go down this path.

In recent years the top 5 or so have been pretty good quality, but we have had a few super strong drafts in recent history, not sure how good this year is going to be.

Assuming Wells would like to go for a fresh start I would prefer we did a deal for something like 2 second round picks and a 3rd round pick rather than try and get a high pick.

Firstly, it would be something a lot easier for a club to sell picking up a quality player without giving away their best pick.

Secondly, people underestimate the value of 2nd and 3rd round picks.

We got Cunnington with pick 5 and Bastinac only because we got a 2nd round pick for trading Gibson to Hawthorn and our club was reluctant to let him go, which was insane. We were committed to taking Black with 25 when he had slid but there were a number of steals still available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Our current recruiters are absolute magic and if we made room for 5 spots on our list I'd love for us to pick up 1 first round, 3 second round and 2 third round players and be done with it.

I think list space is more of an issue for us than a burning need to trade Wells for a high draft hopeful given the calibre of players we are unearthing in the 2nd-4th round range. I'd rather see us put a lot more players on the list in the next few years in that bracket.

Our current recruiters are absolute magic and if we made room for 5 spots on our list I'd love for us to pick up 1 first round, 3 second round and 2 third round players and be done with it.

Your recruiters will have to be more than just magic to make 5 spots on the list and pick up 6 draftees;)

Cox and Kerr aren't even in the leadership group, as voted by their peers. How can you say that Cox and Kerr aren't expendable because of their leadership? That goes against the thoughts and wants of the players.
I've already stated that I understand if some want them to stay for their footballing ability, but the leadership issue has been settled by the players.
Cox and Kerr are senior mentors, not leaders. I put them in the same category as I do A.Selwood and Priddis.
Pssst, Cox is in the leadership group. He captained us last week ;)

Pssst, Cox is in the leadership group. He captained us last week ;)

Oops, my bad. Cheers for the heads-up, Larri. I didn't see the coin toss, to ascertain who was captain.
I, for some reason thought Cox wasn't in the leadership group this year.

My point remains regarding Kerr however. And also my other points which I've previously stated that having Cox just for the leadership doesn't justify his position as being untradable to some.

And you won't get Wells.

And (usually I have the power to do it anyway) in respect to the superb mods here, close thread.
I would cry into my over priced french toast (with berry compote), if we traded pick 4 for Wells.

I remember a recent BF poll which had Kangaroos supporters well in front in terms of perceived bigfooty bias.

One might imagine this problem of overrating your players emanates from the top down.

Your recruiters will have to be more than just magic to make 5 spots on the list and pick up 6 draftees;)

lol, true. :p

Would you believe, 6 spots? :p

I actually struggle to see us make room for 6 players.

do_not_want_azn2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard from my brother Filthwizard a Kangaroos board Mod that it's been reported on Herald Sun we will offer our pick four for Daniel Wells.

Take it as you may but i may finally get my wish of having Wellsy at the Eagles.

Mod please feel free to merge thread if you want. I couldn't find the trade thread.

Link to Kangas board thread

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740861

Pick 24 might be worth it, but NO WAY to pick 4.

On the other hand if they offered Swallow for pick 4 then we might have something to talk about.

Pick 24 might be worth it, but NO WAY to pick 4.

On the other hand if they offered Swallow for pick 4 then we might have something to talk about.

Seriously Eagles Wells is not far behind Tambling for being one of the biggest dud low 1st round picks ever taken.

So we give up pick 4 for Wells (Tambling) and Norths take Day (Franklin) with pick 4 in the draft.:eek::eek::eek:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Just NO!

Weekend Sport round up with Tim Gossage .

West Coast can still trade for him just not through the PSD

Yes, but all leverage is gone, so why would we bother? This came up because he was out of contract, and now he's apparently not, so it's hardly worth getting attached to the idea.

Also, re-signing with a club is not the move of a player who wants out. That would be akin to the player telling the club that they want out, but only if and to where the club wants to trade them.

I agree with the North poster on the last page regarding the value of second-round picks. It's not hard that hard to get clubs to part with second-rounders for players we don't want (e.g. Seaby last year), but there's a lot of talent to be found with those picks if you do your due diligence. Think Chad Morrison to Mark LeCras. It doesn't always happen like that of course, but if you're trading what you don't particularly need, what have you got to lose?

I think people need to think more about realistic trades and good potential draftees outside of the first couple of rounds rather than the same old 'Get Buddy' campaigns and 10-way trades that see us end up with three top five picks, the same ideas we get every year that never materialise.

Most importantly, I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that this is what will happen this year. We certainly have more stock than usual that could be traded away for second round picks (you all know their names).

Herald Sun www.heraldsun.com.au has an article saying that Wells is about to re-sign with North and putting to bed any chance WC had of getting him they say we were considering using our # 4 pick.
:D :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :D

TFFT, Just sign him up quickly North. Please

Herald Sun www.heraldsun.com.au has an article saying that Wells is about to re-sign with North and putting to bed any chance WC had of getting him they say we were considering using our # 4 pick.
:D :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :D

TFFT, Just sign him up quickly North. Please

Crickey, just dodged that bullet!:thumbsu:

Geez, I hope Day slips to 4th. If not a quality 10 year mid is the go, not so tall, more agile with pace and kicking skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Pick 4 For Daniel Wells -Reported-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back