Pick 48- Jarrad Boumann

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jarrad Boumann

I can only imagine he has put some hard work in and improved, so good luck to him, maybe getting delisted was the kick up the behind he needed. I remember the day we drafted him - nothing but hair:eek:

He played some great footy for Box Hill in the back line this year. Came third in the B&F.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the Bulldogs delisted him?

Off-field issues, laziness, or was he not good enough to make it as a forward?

From what I remember all 3 of the above. We used him in the backline for the most part also.

Hawks really wanted him on the list, even trading with Freo to ensure they had the armchair ride to get the trade done. He'll play in defence.

Whatever his problems were (are?) the coaching staff seem confident they can knock it out of him.

Reading this thread hasn't filled me with confidence, though.....

He had a pretty decent year with Box Hill from memory, I was surprised when his name kept popping up throughout the year. Well done to Jarrad... makes you wonder how we failed to get the best out of him and Malcolm Lynch.

If you speak to anyone at the club it's pretty clear why they didn't make it with us. Neither player had the burning desire to get the best out of themselves when they were with us.

I wouldn't worry to much if i was a hawks fan, the kid has talent just needed a delisting and a few years in the VFL to get his shit right. As long as he has fixed up his attitude i'm sure he will be a serviceable player, not everyone is mature at 18.

Be fair to at least give the kid a chance before slagging him off.

EVERY selection is based on potential, from number 1 to 101, Jesse Wells was a punt, as was Tom Williams, Brian Harris was a punt, no one rated Dale Morris, see where i'm heading?

;)

Tom Williams had barely touched a footy but was a MASSIVE punt at pick 6, how is he travelling right now?

Tom Williams is scratching out a serviceable career when injuries permit, but even when he's on the park, you'd probably still prefer the output of pick 7 Jordan Lewis. But as you said, that's the speculative nature of the draft.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if Boumann can use his second chance to reach the level required. Like the Bulldogs with Williams, Hawthorn could certainly do with a 196cm defender.

Tom Williams is scratching out a serviceable career when injuries permit, but even when he's on the park, you'd probably still prefer the output of pick 7 Jordan Lewis. But as you said, that's the speculative nature of the draft.

But at the time we didn't have a player over 180cm on our list. We would have drafted a street light at pick 6 or the bogan masses would have pulled down the Whitten Statue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if Boumann can use his second chance to reach the level required. Like the Bulldogs with Williams, Hawthorn could certainly do with a 196cm defender.

Not playing CHB we wouldn't. Just because your team's comfortable playing a midget backline doesn't mean others should.

He had a pretty decent year with Box Hill from memory, I was surprised when his name kept popping up throughout the year. Well done to Jarrad... makes you wonder how we failed to get the best out of him and Malcolm Lynch.

Answer to that is Rodney Eade. He really let your club down in the development of the young players. Scott clayton saw something in these kids and rocket dropped the ball by chasing a flag for himself with a half baked, injury ridden side. Getting rid of him was the best thing for you guys.

Answer to that is Rodney Eade. He really let your club down in the development of the young players. Scott clayton saw something in these kids and rocket dropped the ball by chasing a flag for himself with a half baked, injury ridden side. Getting rid of him was the best thing for you guys.
Finally, a comment from a Hawks supporter I agree with.. even though you're likely to get lashed by the Eade-lovers

If there was 1 thing bout Boumann he was never just half baked :thumbsu:

Bullshit. Rocket turned a young list that was at the bottom of the ladder in to a top 4 team for years on end. Probably our 2nd most successful team in 90 years. He had 1 and a half bad seasons in 7 years.

Don't know what the **** your talking about.

Ha! What a convenient argument to make, when you are trying to justify the recruitment of the spud that is Jarrad Boumannn. The way the Hawk supporters are carrying on they have picked up the second coming of Peter Knights.

Didn't make it with us, wont make it with them.

Bullshit. Rocket turned a young list that was at the bottom of the ladder in to a top 4 team for years on end. Probably our 2nd most successful team in 90 years. He had 1 and a half bad seasons in 7 years.

Don't know what the **** your talking about.
How many of the players Rocket recruited have come on in the last 7 years?

How many of the players Rocket recruited have come on in the last 7 years?
Well since Eade was appointed we have had good success

Lots of players already there flourished
Boyd, Cross, Gilbee, Lake

Recruits
Morris, Picken, Dahlhaus via rookies

Draftees
Griffen, Williams, Higgins, Ward, Wood, Jones, Liberatore

Trades
Hall, Hudson

Jury still out on a few but
Sherman
Tutt
Wallis
Howard
Roughead
Cordy

Rocket was better than OK for the Dogs.

Well since Eade was appointed we have had good success

Lots of players already there flourished
Boyd, Cross, Gilbee, Lake

Recruits
Morris, Picken, Dahlhaus via rookies

Draftees
Griffen, Williams, Higgins, Ward, Wood, Jones, Liberatore

Trades
Hall, Hudson

Jury still out on a few but
Sherman
Tutt
Wallis
Howard
Roughead
Cordy

Rocket was better than OK for the Dogs.

I'm thinking of developing young players.. hence the draftees bit is what I'm interested in. Firstly, was Griffen one of Eade's draftees or did he inherit him? Second, I would add Williams, Higgins, Jones and Wood to the jury still out category - while they've shown glimpses, not one of them has been consistent in their career to date - which could be put down to injuries, coaching or other factors.

Which leaves us with Ward and Liberatore. One is no longer with the club. One is a son of a gun.

Of the Rookies, Morris was developed in VFL, not the AFL. Picken came in as a great tagger, but has stagnated some what since (at least some have suggested). Dahlhaus I'll grant.

Boyd, Cross, Gilbee, Lake, Hudson and Hall were all either already developed under Rohde, or were developed elsewhere not under Eade.

Either way, the jury is still out on most players drafted under Eade. I simply don't see how there is any proof that he was a good developer of players.

I'm thinking of developing young players.. hence the draftees bit is what I'm interested in. Firstly, was Griffen one of Eade's draftees or did he inherit him?
Griffen was in the 1st draft after Eade was appointed

Second, I would add Williams, Higgins, Jones and Wood to the jury still out category - while they've shown glimpses, not one of them has been consistent in their career to date - which could be put down to injuries, coaching or other factors.

Which leaves us with Ward and Liberatore. One is no longer with the club. One is a son of a gun.

Of the Rookies, Morris was developed in VFL, not the AFL. Picken came in as a great tagger, but has stagnated some what since (at least some have suggested).
Morris and Picken both Rookie Listed under Eade and virtually straight into the best 22 PERMANENTLY
Dahlhaus I'll grant.

Boyd, Cross, Gilbee,
were all going nowhere until Eade arrived. Probably Hargrave as well

Lake, Hudson and Hall were all either already developed under Rohde, or were developed elsewhere not under Eade.

Either way, the jury is still out on most players drafted under Eade. I simply don't see how there is any proof that he was a good developer of players.

We certainly did much better in player development with Eade than the previous coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 48- Jarrad Boumann

Remove this Banner Ad

Back