Player Watch Pick #5 (2006) - Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

This decision was always happening after the shit show of a trade week. Happy clappers distracted by 'Dreamy Trav' staying another year.

He's borderline best 22. On the edge enough that he should be mostly playing SANFL, so we develop players for post-Hinkley. That's not going to happen though. He'll get played most games, regardless of whether he should be.

Then there's finals. He was broken mentally in 2007 regarding finals and has never, IMO, been one you can rely on to any extent in them. He lacks a killer instinct, which is a bad example for younger players.

Now if he was in the fitness department, I'd be stoked, but still on the list, is just another poor list decision (given Hinkley will play him, if we'd a new coach who'd told him he'd be SANFL unless a big injury toll, that'd be a different matter), dressed up as a feel good story to placate the masses.

Nothing like a PAFC feel good story to warm the hearts of the true believers.

Another day, another terrible call by the club to add to the ever growing pile of bewildering decisions.

An elite, professional organisation would have taken the decision out of Travs hands, we’re far from that.

He’s the fittest player at the club, but we’ll know early in the season if this was a bad decision depending on how much time over the off-season he’s allotted to hitting stab passes to a guy twenty metres away.

FMD. Was playing Golf today. Had 21 points on front 9. Mate tells me this news. 14 on back 9. Started playing like Trav did against Sydney.

Me picturing Papa G on the golf course.

5f02075ac1e3e.image.jpg

I bet he gets no respect. No respect I tells ya.

This decision was always happening after the shit show of a trade week. Happy clappers distracted by 'Dreamy Trav' staying another year.

Well done Trav . Might be a bit of SANFL next year but probably 10 or so games at senior level, if he’s ok with that and mentoring young players I’m definitely ok with that . Champion person around the team

Lol

What's there to gain for Boak to continue? To be up there with the likes of Kade Simpson and only be remembered for playing alot of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF he plays one more game he is our AFL games record holder.
Looking forward to round 1 2025 when Boak breaks the record for the most AFL games played by a PAFC player and Kenny Hinkley breaks the record for the most AFL/AFL games coached without making a Grand Final.

What is the actual point of Boak playing on? Really? So he becomes top 10 of all time games played? That's it? It is purely for selfish reasons. It just encapsulates who we are as a club. It's quite pathetic.
To win a premiership. If we can't do that, then everyone on our list might as well quit.

Agree Boak is part of the problem. He needs to retire. Other young players will step up. He has been a great club man & his 2024 was pretty good, particularly his effort throughout the season. But he has never had that burning desire to win a flag imo or take public accountability for team underperformance during his captaincy. His diabolical Swans performance highlighted why he should retire. He is not part of the future & he won't get any better next year. Won't be a popular opinion but cest la vie.

I think he's being borderline mismanaged. Too often taking the game on and his disposal is poor, which is why he kicked 5.17 in front of goals. He either has to play a mentor on field coach role like Hodge was doing in his last years.
Hodge had elite kicking skills & a great footy brain. Very different player to Boak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #5 (2006) - Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back