Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

I defended him last year and thought he was fine in the big games, even endorsed the choice to be captain. But last night was the biggest weak as piss performance you could've imagined from a captain who should've been hungry to prove his worth as a leader on the big stage.

It's actually baffling to me how much stick Jonas copped from supporters when you compare him to this guy. Yeah he wasn't blessed with talent like Rozee has but i feel like a player that gets the absolute most out of his ability and is physically tough like Jonas was is more what you want from a captain. Jonas was blue collar, old school Port with how he played but because he made a couple poor posts about work life balance and didn't always say all the right things in front of the camera supporters didn't warm to him.

He is still young so I guess we hope he develops and grows into the role with more experience.
When he was appointed I was somewhat surprised when only a couple months prior he spoke at a function about how little interest he had in football. He didn't watch any other footy and outside of playing he went to training and the compulsory meetings he had too.

Is this someone who will lead from the front, drive standards, and have those tough conversations when needed? Pressure is on him this week.

When he was appointed I was somewhat surprised when only a couple months prior he spoke at a function about how little interest he had in football. He didn't watch any other footy and outside of playing he went to training and the compulsory meetings he had too.

Stunningly inept appointment, is it not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Showing real great leadership sitting in the back, hiding.
View attachment 2102386

was just about to post this, it is so telling. you are the club captain, you are the role model for the club the face and the spokesperson. You should be front row dead centre. Stand up turn around tell your players that we dont stand for that and set standards. What could you possibly be doing at the back with the players and coaches in trackies that didnt get picked. You’re hiding. Youre a wimp. It is the softest thing ive ever seen in footy, worst than Lonie worse than Rachele

FFS Mcentee is closer to the coach then our own skipper.

A five AA caller basically said rozee is the type you would love as your son in law ect ect and shouldnt be a captain due to not having enough mongrel and all of that

Timmy G says: 'once appoint young leader you have to back them in'

i would have liked if timmy g spoke a little bit about our captains recent performances in big games.

Didn't selwood say the same thing recently when he visited?

I can see why you need to back him in - if you strip it from him now because he's weak, you'll only reinforce that / ruin him mentally.

View attachment 2102586

Laugh it up some more, Connor. Wrong ****ing ball for a start.

(L-to-R)

• Cam Sutcliffe,

• Captain of the heaviest home final loss against an interstate team in AFL history,

• The Co-Captain who promptly went out and mangled his shoulder wakeboarding,

Leadership 👊

A five AA caller basically said rozee is the type you would love as your son in law ect ect and shouldnt be a captain due to not having enough mongrel and all of that

i would have liked if timmy g spoke a little bit about our captains recent performances in big games.
Sometimes ya need to admit ya made a mistake (rozee captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back