Player Watch Pick #53 (2022) - Tom Scully

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully is now currently 205cm according to an interview Rozee gave to the media.
In Port's website under the players section his bio data says 203cm, 89kg which is taken from central.rookieme.com which was probably collected during the early to mid 2022 draft year.
I suspect our other draftees will have a slight variation in heights and weights.
We will know when Port update player profile pics and bio data this coming week Im assuming.

Seeing him in real life at the AGM on Friday night, he is bloody tall and made McCallum look short at 193cm. He has a fair bit of meat to put on those bones if he is going to ruck or become a gorilla type KPF at AFL level.

Seeing him in real life at the AGM on Friday night, he is bloody tall and made McCallum look short at 193cm. He has a fair bit of meat to put on those bones if he is going to ruck or become a gorilla type KPF at AFL level.
Out of curiosity how did Kyle Marshall (201cm) look next to or near Scully?

Out of curiosity how did Kyle Marshall (201cm) look next to or near Scully?
Pretty similar in terms of height and similar weight, but for some reason didn't make McCallum look as small as Scully did.

Scully is now currently 205cm according to an interview Rozee gave to the media.
In Port's website under the players section his bio data says 203cm, 89kg which is taken from central.rookieme.com which was probably collected during the early to mid 2022 draft year.
I suspect our other draftees will have a slight variation in heights and weights.
We will know when Port update player profile pics and bio data this coming week Im assuming.
Paul Salmon was 206cm, would be handy if Scully could be half the player PS was.

Understand what you mean by him being skinny and needing to put size on… but also I’ve watched a bit of Scully, a couple of years before he got drafted, and he isn’t a player that relies on bulk to beat his opponents.

The stories emerging of him beating guys like Dixon in marking contests does not really surprise me.

Scully won’t need to wait until he bulks up to compete at afl level, and I don’t think he will be best served by becoming a bulky strong kf in time.

It’s his mobility that kills his opponent from my viewings I’ve seen.

I hope we focus on core strength with Tom. I have a feeling we have something special on our hands.

Understand what you mean by him being skinny and needing to put size on… but also I’ve watched a bit of Scully, a couple of years before he got drafted, and he isn’t a player that relies on bulk to beat his opponents.

The stories emerging of him beating guys like Dixon in marking contests does not really surprise me.

Scully won’t need to wait until he bulks up to compete at afl level, and I don’t think he will be best served by becoming a bulky strong kf in time.

It’s his mobility that kills his opponent from my viewings I’ve seen.

I hope we focus on core strength with Tom. I have a feeling we have something special on our hands.

Maybe he could be the player that always kills it against the Brions, as Eric Hipwood always seems to do against us.

Are we obsessing with this "he is still too skinny for AFL" narrative? A quick look at Max King's draft details
Max King: 202cm, 86kgs
Tom Scully: 203cm, 89kgs

Has ostensibly had a great preseason, so if he is good enough, and a vacancy opens up, why not?

Last edited:
Are we obsessing with this "he is still too skinny for AFL" narrative? A quick look at Max King's draft details
Max King: 202cm, 86kgs
Tom Scully: 203cm, 89kgs

Has ostensibly had a great preseason, so if he is good enough, and a vacancy opens up, why not?

So you're saying Tom Scully is going to be better than Max King. That's all I needed to hear.

Year 1

Sport Stand Here GIF by FOX Sports

Year 3

Working Out Personal Best GIF by The World's Strongest Man

Year 10

Destroy All Monsters Explosion GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus christ look at the height difference of Scully to Tredders. This kid is a beast holy
You could almost fool a person that doesn't watch footy into thinking that Tredders was some crafty small forward.

We almost did play Tredders as a decoy small forward when it was kick it to Ebert circa 2008ish
Yep post his 4th knee dislocation in preseason 2006 he hardly played in 2006, then 2007, 2008 and a lot of 2009, Ebert and Motlop were arguably bigger targets than Tredders. He looked really good in 2010 and then bang an ankle injury in Rd 7 2010, never to play again.

Yep post his 4th knee dislocation in preseason 2006 he hardly played in 2006, then 2007, 2008 and a lot of 2009, Ebert and Motlop were arguably bigger targets than Tredders. He looked really good in 2010 and then bang an ankle injury in Rd 7 2010, never to play again.
2009 Warren near back to his best.

So what’s the hope and expectation for Tom this year?

And for the keen draft watchers, why didn’t Tom get state games and why did he go at 53?

Scully non-selection at champs was baffling at the time and looks just as bad now.

No one knows why he didn’t get games, other than Sa had a lot of talls (but still we easily could have fit him in)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #53 (2022) - Tom Scully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back