Pick Your 3 preferred options of those that are likely to be available at our picks 18,19,20

Pick Your 3 preferred options of these that are likely to be available at our picks 18,19,20

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, fair enough. I know this opinion is out there, but I think they would. If a team was proven to have tanked, the penalties will be very harsh (and far outweigh just taking a good young player away from a club).
The way the father-son system works it would have been unfair, even with Melbourne having picks stripped.

They would still have been prepared to use their "next available" pick to secure Viney, as they rules state, and so the AFL would never have denied them that opportunity.

The way the father-son system works it would have been unfair, even with Melbourne having picks stripped.

They would still have been prepared to use their "next available" pick to secure Viney, as they rules state, and so the AFL would never have denied them that opportunity.

Unless they banned them from participating completely, it's within the rules can be banned for up to 4 drafts.

Unless they banned them from participating completely, it's within the rules can be banned for up to 4 drafts.
That won't happen, and would never happen - Carlton only lost their first and second round picks in two national drafts for massive, systematic, underhanded, deliberate and knowingly illegal salary cap breaches.

The punishment for Melbourne won't be more severe than that.

That won't happen, and would never happen - Carlton only lost their first and second round picks in two national drafts for massive, systematic, underhanded, deliberate and knowingly illegal salary cap breaches.

The punishment for Melbourne won't be more severe than that.

It wont happen but it is possible, Melbournee deliberately lost bringing the game into disrepute, it's akin to match fixing and went so far to have a fricken meeting about it.

#18 Garlett (special talent)
#19 Clurey (Imagine Reid and Clurey)
#21 Lonergan (Reminds me abit of Sloane)
#39 White (Could be anything)

Covers outside, inside, up forward and back, love it.

If that happens on draft day....AWWWWWWWW SHITYEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :cool:

Hard to know who's going to be around at our picks, but with Simpson appearing less likely to be available if you believe what you read, I'd be even more keen on Garlett. I'm not too fussed about picking up mids over and above that, so I'd look at going;

#18 Garlett
#19 O'Brien
#21 Clurey

My dream three would be Gartlett, Lonergan and Garner.

Gartlett has baggage, but looks to have a stack of ability and talent for a pick 18. Lonergan looks ready made, has been playing senior football since he was 15! He is the successor (hopefully) post Ball/Swan. Our third pick, either Garner or O'Brien, Garner has that x-factor in the Fyfe mould that is appealing.

Also pick 39 has almost been forgotten, but we could snag a good player here. A pacy defender ala Wright, Haynes is my pick here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went for Shaw, Simpson, Lonergan.. but on reflection i wouldnt have a problem missing shaw and going for another midfielder like a Hrovat if we thought White would be available at 39

From what ive read, White sounds like a real game changer who just needs a little more discipline

Hard to know who's going to be around at our picks, but with Simpson appearing less likely to be available if you believe what you read, I'd be even more keen on Garlett. I'm not too fussed about picking up mids over and above that, so I'd look at going;

#18 Garlett
#19 O'Brien
#21 Clurey
This is my exact thought!

If Simpson available great, otherwise as TRS says!

With my expansive knowledge of this years draft crop... (lol)

I think we have to go with the best available no matter the position as long as its not 3 ruckmen or something. With trading and now free agency, We have to back ourselves to attract the types of players we need that way as well..

Tim Membrey - From all i've read he sounds like the type of player who can develop into just as good a midfielder as a forward. Not many players in the AFL fall into that category, Guys like Stevie J, Rioli and Didak a few years ago provide something extra that most teams dont have. If Membrey can become that type of player like some have forecasted it would be a big plus. But even if he remains that 3rd tall who is an accurate shot and provides alot of pressure I wouldnt be complaining.

Nathan Hrovat - There are queries over his size etc. But there are also a few very good qualities he has that you cant really teach. Hes an in and under magnet, and his much reported no fear attitude and courage is the perfect compliment to his type. Infact being so small as an in and under type of player has its advantages too. Players who have that type of attitude even if they arent an A grade onballer can only benefit the club on the whole. You can guarantee he will give his all to improve as a player and push for a spot in the side, which can only benefit his teammates. We have alot of guys like Pendles, Beams, Swan, Thomas who can be very damaging if fed the ball on the outside of a pack. Hrovat can be that guy.

Dayle Garlett - With 3 picks this close together in the 1st round. I'd be more than happy to take the risk of picking up Gartlett and seeing if he works out. I believe we have the personnel to keep him in line and turn him into a professional athlete. That said none of us really know how bad or good he is attitude wise, But if the club thinks hes worth taking because of his talent i'll back them in 100%. Guys who can do special things to create a goal or affect games with their mere presence are too good not to try.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick Your 3 preferred options of those that are likely to be available at our picks 18,19,20

Back