Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

And if the reserves refuse to play seniors and they have no open age grade ?
Then the Club is not affiliated with the league for the season. Dont get me wrong , perhaps the right decision was made RE: Yarroweyah based on the timeline. However rules need to be put in place to make sure it doesnt happen again in future as its no good for the comp.

Then the Club is not affiliated with the league for the season. Dont get me wrong , perhaps the right decision was made RE: Yarroweyah based on the timeline. However rules need to be put in place to make sure it doesnt happen again in future as its no good for the comp.

Hardly good for the competition to force a club into recess. Some flexibility needed to be granted especially post Covid. These hard and fast rules only benefit the big clubs only concerned with financials and weekly 4 points.

It’s a tough one…Kyneton were cooked and the Bendigo League gave them a season of grace to field just a reserves team. They thankfully were able to use that season to get things in place off field and have bounced back well

Gday guys any info or whispers getting around about the league next season hearing it may be split back up or are we happy and sticking as 1 big league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waaia v Tungamah this week is surely a Grand Final preview.
I know Waaia dropped a game the other week, but think these 2 are clearly above the rest of the comp.
Should be a great contest.

I managed to catch Tocumwal vs Waaia last Saturday.

Waaia move the ball extremely well. There ruckman is dominant and they have an extremely good CHB. Serious issues at Tocumwal though they had to bring in two player fill ins who didn’t look a day over 17.

I know Waaia dropped a game the other week, but think these 2 are clearly above the rest of the comp.
Those 2 are favs to play off but Strathy would be capable of getting past them on their day.

Strathy who have played in something like 10 gf’s in the last 11 GF’s ( some NW division included ) got within 11 points of Tungamah two weeks ago , without Oswald who has a habit of playing well in big games , on Tungamah’s home deck . I’d suggest they are far from ‘ clearly’ out of the picture.

Strathy who have played in something like 10 gf’s in the last 11 GF’s ( some NW division included ) got within 11 points of Tungamah two weeks ago , without Oswald who has a habit of playing well in big games , on Tungamah’s home deck . I’d suggest they are far from ‘ clearly’ out of the picture.
Glad it's now just one league and the NW/SE has gone lost some good rivalries with the split.
Dry warmer weather help which of the top 3 in finals? Waaia, Tungamah, or Strathy most?

Read Katty has a new coach already for next year Jedd Wright leaving them.

Anyone catch the tungamah vs waaia game yesterday. Must of been a great contest. Can waaia match it come finals time ? They can be the best side all year and not perform when the whips are cracking and tungamah have had there measure in finals

Anyone catch the tungamah vs waaia game yesterday. Must of been a great contest. Can waaia match it come finals time ? They can be the best side all year and not perform when the whips are cracking and tungamah have had there measure in finals
Great game . Two very contrasting game styles . Which one stands up during finals upon bigger grounds will be interesting . I thought Ferguson and Cleeland would have been in their respective sides best players .

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back