Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing surprises me in this comp anymore. Surely if Yarroweyah are to win it makes a mockery of them only being able to compete in the 2s while mathoura are forced to field from the top down every week 🤔
They have kicked 6 points against mainly reserves sides with maybe a few fringe players dropping back, I don’t think they will come close to Mathoura.
I think Yarroweyah have a few people who have never played before

What has happened to Mathoura?

Did all their players leave and are stuck with kids or are they all just un fit and reserves players?

Can someone please answer. Feel bad for a club I’ve been aligned with for years on end.

What has happened to Mathoura?

Did all their players leave and are stuck with kids or are they all just un fit and reserves players?

Can someone please answer. Feel bad for a club I’ve been aligned with for years on end.
The Coach Darcy Robinson left and went to Strathmerton took the best player with him and it took many months to replace him. By then heaps of players a President and Committee members had also gone. Think I read they lost over 25 players in Total.

The Coach Darcy Robinson left and went to Strathmerton took the best player with him and it took many months to replace him. By then heaps of players a President and Committee members had also gone. Think I read they lost over 25 players in Total.

That’s awful. I’m guessing there’s just kids playing?

How are they going this year so far?

That’s awful. I’m guessing there’s just kids playing?

How are they going this year so far?
I don't know much about the make up of their side. I'd say your right about plenty of kids. Been getting belted a couple of 200 point margins had a Win against Yarroweyah on Saturday who only have Reserves this year though.

I don't know much about the make up of their side. I'd say your right about plenty of kids. Been getting belted a couple of 200 point margins had a Win against Yarroweyah on Saturday who only have Reserves this year though.

You take those wins.

Hey Dogs1703 better get onto the Weekly Times for a please explain.. see if they can fit you into the 100-150

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question for Roar in the PDFL can a Coach also perform the role of the team Runner?

Played the top team. All young kids having a crack. If Yarroweyah qaulify for seniors to play reserves surley mathoura do. Not a good look
You are right, its not a good look. From what I understand it wont be an issue for the board for these 2 clubs next year as neither look likely to be around unfortunately. Having said that, a by-law should be considered to stop the Yarroweyah situation from happeneng in the Future. All clubs should field a senior football and A grade netball.

You are right, its not a good look. From what I understand it wont be an issue for the board for these 2 clubs next year as neither look likely to be around unfortunately. Having said that, a by-law should be considered to stop the Yarroweyah situation from happeneng in the Future. All clubs should field a senior football and A grade netball.
Gee not good for these clubs if it comes to that. Sadly there needs to be some rationalisation as player numbers are really lacking across various leagues and grades since covid. If the trend continues the writing is on the wall for many clubs (in various leagues not only PDFL)

And if the reserves refuse to play seniors and they have no open age grade ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back