Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Up at jerilderie trying to watch this seniors game is difficult with the level of umpiring we are being subjected to... below par. One bloke thinks it the AFL, one bloke can't keep up (on the smallest ground in the comp) and the other bloke doesn't know the rules.
Umpires…I watched a rovers game early in the season and they looked like they were very old and couldn’t keep up with the game. Will the league use GV umpires for the finals with more available.

Umpires…I watched a rovers game early in the season and they looked like they were very old and couldn’t keep up with the game. Will the league use GV umpires for the finals with more available.
Not sure if GV Umps would be a good idea, from the games I watched they don't play the stand on the mark. Like it or love it there would be too many 50's awarded imo

Multiple people were at finals at the weekend who have watched games in neighbour leagues during the year and commented positively on the umpiring. Sure they are like footballers and make mistakes , but there has seemingly never been greater satisfaction in umpiring . Spoke to many clubs and they believe umpiring has improved and continues to improve every year .

Big comp when you add the 3 from
the KDL and the clubs from golden Rivers rumoured to be joining . Assume it will be 2 x 11 team comps ?
2 x 11 team comps
Div 1 & 2.
Relegation system with bottom two from div 1 dropping down and top 2 from div 2 going up.
Total club points system based on each team finishing position after finals.

Multiple people were at finals at the weekend who have watched games in neighbour leagues during the year and commented positively on the umpiring. Sure they are like footballers and make mistakes , but there has seemingly never been greater satisfaction in umpiring . Spoke to many clubs and they believe umpiring has improved and continues to improve every year .
I would think the "roar" would be on the money for finals with a weekly pool of 28 umps you would expect that hopefully the best 2 umpires do the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geography may suggest Wakool, or maybe Macorna. That would have to mean an East/West or North/South split.

Wakool to Tungamah - 195km one-way
Macorna to Tungamah - 207km one-way
Hay to Tungamah - 251 km one-way

Roota, does Macorna have to do many long distance treks in the GRFNL apart from the trip to Hay (237km one-way) at the moment?

Geography may suggest Wakool, or maybe Macorna. That would have to mean an East/West or North/South split.

Wakool to Tungamah - 195km one-way
Macorna to Tungamah - 207km one-way
Hay to Tungamah - 251 km one-way

Roota, does Macorna have to do many long distance treks in the GRFNL apart from the trip to Hay (237km one-way) at the moment?

Wakool don’t exist anymore so that rules them out.

Macorna to Moulamein is about 120kms
Macorna to Ultima is about 110kms

Macorna would be a better fit in the Loddon Valley league to be honest

What a game ! Good high quality hard game of footy with a draw requiring extra time.
The influence of younger players in PDFNL finals can never be underestimated . Younger players for Katunga were great all game whilst Tungamah’s youngest player threatened half way through and then had massive influence in the last in normal time and the two in extra time, including kicking the last .
Well done by both sides great game, played within the right spirit, hard but nothing untoward .

The influence of younger players in PDFNL finals can never be underestimated . Younger players for Katunga were great all game whilst Tungamah’s youngest player threatened half way through and then had massive influence in the last in normal time and the two in extra time, including kicking the last .
Well done by both sides great game, played within the right spirit, hard but nothing untoward .
It must have been a great watch! Finals are a fantastic time of the year. I would have loved to see an upset!
I am looking forward to today's game think it should be a ripper so making the trip to have a look.

It must have been a great watch! Finals are a fantastic time of the year. I would have loved to see an upset!
I am looking forward to today's game think it should be a ripper so making the trip to have a look.

And you would have gotten to see the super powerful waaia side. Far too quick and well drilled and it's theirs to lose if the weather is clear

This weekend's matches should be an interesting battle.
Katandra and Katunga will be a tight game, Katunga had a tough and tiring game v Tungamah might actually help Katandra having the week off and being fresh.
Strathy v Katty seems like Strahty has had the wood over Katty even in previous years when Katty was probably stronger think Strathy will get over the top of them and feel Strathy has more dangerous players across the park

Remove this Banner Ad

Picola & District Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back