Picola & District FL SE 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on this wash?? I heard he left cause he felt the picola league wasn't guna be the right fit for him (that was in nice words)? Gets a clearance back to his old club Mooroopna then only 3-4 days later he goes back to the club/league he left becuase it wasn't up to his standards?? Big back flip there? Eitherway I think he'll be quite surprised by not only Shepp East's ability but the league itself standard!!!!
Besty must be pulling his hair out as ive heard tim kaloridis there full back also going to stanhope at the last minute. $$$$

Yes Brad Orr is back at the Eagles nest, think he was just a bit unsure on a few things but has now been welcomed back...From all reports out of Mooroopna the kid can play and from what we've seen on the track he shld be a great fit across half back.
Karolidis has made the jump out the highway to the land of "Lowe" and im sure he will be wrapped to be back playing with his little mate Aynsley as will the Eagles be equally wrapped to unearth a new recruit in the back half that they signed during the week "hopefully be reading more about him after Rd1" ;)
Touchwood after a few injuries early in the pre season the Eagles are looking likely to have all New and Old players in for The Waaia opener, a cracker game one would imagine.:thumbsu:

Heard on the grapevine there might be a spot for one old tuff mudder in the BP for the eagles seeing JBL and Timmy K won't be suiting up for rnd 1;). I reckon Besty might be looking for someone to keep Cowan quiet!!!:D

All bullsh!t aside, should be a belter b/n eagles and bombers this week. A fair bit of quality in both lists. Lets hope everyone is fit and healthy and we see a good old fashioned shootout. District footy to be the winner:thumbsu:

Heard on the grapevine there might be a spot for one old tuff mudder in the BP for the eagles seeing JBL and Timmy K won't be suiting up for rnd 1;). I reckon Besty might be looking for someone to keep Cowan quiet!!!:D

All bullsh!t aside, should be a belter b/n eagles and bombers this week. A fair bit of quality in both lists. Lets hope everyone is fit and healthy and we see a good old fashioned shootout. District footy to be the winner:thumbsu:

Looking at a return nutta?

Tips for round 1
rennie
katunga
shepp east
tungamah
Suprise packet for rnd 1
katty get within 3 points for first win in 18mnths
good luck to all players

tips for round 1
Katandra
Katunga
Waaia
Dookie cant tip against them.......

dookie should have up to 10 new faces in the ones fingers crossed can match rennie in the guts and get mcmullin and whitehead plenty of ball up forward.

Looking at a return nutta?
Enjoying being able to walk on Sundays and having a few froffies on a Fri night! Plus been elevated to head coach of the u/7's on Sat mornings so that will take some focus. Gotta be 100% committed to get the best out of yourself in PDFL these days. Plus starting to get quite a good crew on the side lines that can offer some advice from over the fence after a few loosener upperers.:D
What about your good self, still wearing the bulldog? or have you moved on!:thumbsu:
Watch out PDFL, the ol Brown Dog is heading to tigerland. My bet is 2 - 3 bookings for the year. Plays pretty hard but can get a little heated at times. Time will tell. Will be great target up forward and if he stays on the park, will kick his 60 odd for the year. Good get for Katty.

tips for round 1
Katandra
Katunga
Waaia
Dookie cant tip against them.......

dookie should have up to 10 new faces in the ones fingers crossed can match rennie in the guts and get mcmullin and whitehead plenty of ball up forward.

Did those 10 new players play yesterday snake? Rennie and shepp east already look like they will be standouts! Great effort by katandra to as i was thinking tungamah would be better than that and also waaia disapointing after snaggin a few recruits.

we had most of our new lads is but still misses 5 or 6 from our best side, going to take a few weeks to gel as a side. on a positive we still managed to score 94 points and last year rennie only had 3 scores against them higher than this 120 97 odd vs east and a 97 vs katandra.

also paddy mcmullen not taking any part in the game after half way through the second quarter doesnt help. to make things worse another key player in mark ohalleran didnt take part after the first 10minutes of the 3rd quarter.

but rennie just worked harder and broke hard to make space they look as good if not better than last year.

last time we played think it was 150 - 15 so guess we are improving

Did those 10 new players play yesterday snake? Rennie and shepp east already look like they will be standouts! Great effort by katandra to as i was thinking tungamah would be better than that and also waaia disapointing after snaggin a few recruits.

I also was suprised at the katandra win and the ease of rennie,s win over dookie! Good to see katty obviously more competitive.

I also was suprised at the katandra win and the ease of rennie,s win over dookie! Good to see katty obviously more competitive.

Saw the Katunga V Katty game, Katunga played alright probably could have won by abit more wasted some opportunities to have a bigger lead in the first half. But to Katty's credit they fought back pretty well but couldnt seem to get closer then 2 goals all game. The game was very scrappy with Katunga's cleaner ball use in the last quarter the main reason for the win.
Katty will definately be more competitve this season still had a few out from what i could tell with Tyson Saunders, Jed Wright, and Tim Kelly all not playing, alot of new faces compared to last years team, so they might take abit to click and gel together as well.

Some big games this week and no bigger than shepp east v rennie. Really think that these two sides will separate temselves from the rest of the comp at some stage and also dookie v katandra a big game! Dooks would be dissapointed on last weeks game on the other hand katandra would be on a massive high. Waaia would be chomping at the bit to play and prove they are a good side and should beat katty! Tungamah started very poor last week and im tipping that to continue with ever improved katunga to roll them.
Tips for round 2
Shepp East {home ground} 8 points
Waaia by 45 points or Coach under huge pressure
Katunga (where are they playing this game) 19 points
Katandra by 11 points
Ladder at end of year
Rennie
Shepp east
waaia
katunga
tungamah
katandra
katty
dookie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some big games this week and no bigger than shepp east v rennie. Really think that these two sides will separate temselves from the rest of the comp at some stage and also dookie v katandra a big game! Dooks would be dissapointed on last weeks game on the other hand katandra would be on a massive high. Waaia would be chomping at the bit to play and prove they are a good side and should beat katty! Tungamah started very poor last week and im tipping that to continue with ever improved katunga to roll them.
Tips for round 2
Shepp East {home ground} 8 points
Waaia by 45 points or Coach under huge pressure
Katunga (where are they playing this game) 19 points
Katandra by 11 points
Ladder at end of year
Rennie
Shepp east
waaia
katunga
tungamah
katandra
katty
dookie

4 from 4 for the w,end i will take that! Katty much improved effort, tungamah a mess and katandra on a roll,shepp east look dominant?

Rennie v Waaia this week should be a ripper of a game cant see rennie dropping 2 games in a row.
Rennie by 6 goals

Katty for there first win by 14 points
dookie for first win fingers crossed 22 points
shepp east to bring katandra back to earth with a 80+ point win

but my tips have been very poor so hopefully i get a few right this week.

Rennie v Waaia this week should be a ripper of a game cant see rennie dropping 2 games in a row.
Rennie by 6 goals

Katty for there first win by 14 points
dookie for first win fingers crossed 22 points
shepp east to bring katandra back to earth with a 80+ point win

but my tips have been very poor so hopefully i get a few right this week.

Not bad snake just the cowan show you missed out on! Could the leauge fit any more players into the interleauge squad? Huge numbers, will be a good contest. Thoughts anyone..........

Coming back to the league this year the comp is becoming a better standard every year and when looking at the draw and there appears to be no easy games. I do think that it is time for the league to expand and get new teams into the comp. I reckon the league should approach clubs like tally maybe even toc.

The Eagles are off to the banks of the Boosey to take on the Bears this week. Good to see that they can get back to playing games on their home deck. No one wants to be playing "away" for consecutive weeks.
I did hear that the change rooms were condemned and although it may put some financial pressure on the club initially, I must say - thank god! The visitors rooms at Tunga are very ordinary and believe me, I've seen some away rooms in my time. Its on a par with the old Thorton Eildon away rooms - they were terrible!

On another topic, can someone please post the interleague squad. I'd like to see if we can put together a side that will suitcase the ol' foes in the KDL

Hope the Eagles have a win this week, but rolling the Bears on their home turf is always a tuff ask. They are about a 5 goal better side on their home deck. Might be due to the support they get from the muppet behind the goals at the creek end with the beanie, mullet and no teeth.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back