Picola & District North West 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can't say I totally disagree with most of your comments here Rudy but I do have a couple of questions and things I'd like you to further explain,
A few weeks ago you made reference on here about Andrew May getting $$ at the Rams before he headed to Balranald yet have posted hear "Maybe these blokes should have a chat to a few of the Rams boys who played in 4 flags for no money before they sign" ?
You have also posted on here about a meeting involving Paul Schouller where he was offered the coaching position at the Rams, in front of the then coach , how would you know this to be fact ?
Sure your not more involved in this whole matter ?

It was along those lines PTF but i think we have both moved on since then, They seem to be going along nicely and im enjoying my time at Mathoura:thumbsu:

I live in Deni and have friends involved at both Deni clubs and as im not deaf i tend to hear things out and about. I stand by both those comments even if DENIFC gets on hear and says they are wrong.

And im pretty sure that none of them May included got any money during the 4 flags it was only after when a few left that they paid May for a year and it was pretty much common knowledge around the water cooler in town that that was the case.

Why would you be concerned and expecting another poster to get on here and doubt your story, especially when it doesn't appear they have had a conflict with , or doubted you on here in the past.
I find it quite amazing the promptness of your postings and knowledge in particular of things within a certain club, ie that a player was conflicted, Berrigan struggling for numbers for reserves final, whilst also quite adament and if I understood it correctly in the room when certain, what I would have thought were confidential, matters took place at the Rams in the past ?

No you are right im not crtiscising a guy for takeing on a coaching job good luck to him i just think money is stuffing country football to the point where it seems to be more important than clubmanship and i dont blame the players because some of the offers are pretty hard to knock back but it must break the hearts of all the commitee men who give there time week after week to keep a club going so they can pay blokes who most likely will only be around till the next offer comes along.
Maybe I am wrong but i would have thought that in a well managed club a budget for player payments would be set by the committee where the committee men/women would have input into what they felt was a reasonable amount to work with. After that you would hope the coach/recruitment committee would be given the responsibility to work within that budget to get the best team on the park. All clubs have their opinion on what a particular player may or may not be worth to their club whether the rest of us agree or not. That's footy and that's business. Whether I agree with the dollar sums being offered is irrelevant. The committee of the clubs involved with those payments in the end will be held accountable one way or another.

As for the long term rovers players that may leave I am sure they wouldl live to regret their decision should Rovers pull off that first ever flag this year but again that is their regret.

With clearances about to open, what are some confirmed ins/outs at some teams already?
Interested in what Mathoura are doing, as they were probably only a couple of players off the pace last year? Any recruits at the cutters?
Also, if these so called players are leaving the Rovers, is there any new players coming in?

Weren't Wakool talking to these same players last year? and they knocked back the supposed 'big money' to stay at Rovers and have a crack at the Senior premiership last year? I don't think it is fair to be that critical of them if that is the case.

I also don't think it would be fair to criticise a player for going to have their first crack at coaching, as is the case with one of them.

They spoke to only one of them last year.

Good on occer for taking up the challange but if you think he is going out there for that you are as blind to the situation as he was prelim final day. He wasnt even that keen to take up a coaching roll but they obviously $$$ presuaded him. Wakool has done what clubs struggling for numbers have done for years. First offer of $500 isnt taken up, 2nd offer of $600 isnt taken up, 3rd offer of $600 + a "leadership Roll" or a coaching position seals the deal.
As i have said before im not having a go at anyone for taking up the money or for leaving the club, it is everyone's personal choice. The rovers were there before the current list of players were playing and the club will still be there long after the current list retires.

As for any recruits. None at this stage. But we will have to wait til after Feb 1 for clearances to open.

With clearances about to open, what are some confirmed ins/outs at some teams already?
Interested in what Mathoura are doing, as they were probably only a couple of players off the pace last year? Any recruits at the cutters?
Also, if these so called players are leaving the Rovers, is there any new players coming in?
Mathoura are rumoured to have picked up , Justin Hartshorn, Brodie Lumbar and another bloke , don't know name ??, who has moved to town .
The rumours I have heard of blokes who played in the final last year indicate :
T Preece - playing in Melb
C Murphy - playing in Melb
N O'Callaghan - retired / injured
B Weldon - playing elsewhere
T Higgins - not returning
D Kerr - not returning
B Willoughby - retired
I Phillips - retired
L Henson - having year off
S Railton - retired / playing elsewhere

Couple on here who could put some reality to these rumours ??

Mathoura are rumoured to have picked up , Justin Hartshorn, Brodie Lumbar and another bloke , don't know name ??, who has moved to town .
D Kerr - not returning
B Willoughby - retired
I Phillips - retired

I could probably answer these.

Preece may play but could be going OS
Murphy as far as i know is playing
O'callaghan Will play
Weldon as far as i know is playing
T Higgins If his partner plays netty i think he will play
D Kerr May be staying in shep but could still play
Willoughby just had knee clean out if it feels ok will play
Phillips Came to christmas party and said he wants to play
Henson Cant see why he wouldnt play
Railton has told club he is retiring
Duggan-Hulands going up north for a year

To the best of my knowledge that is where these blokes stand and we are talking to a few about coming out for a run so hopefully we wiil get a couple of them.

I could probably answer these.

Preece may play but could be going OS
Murphy as far as i know is playing
O'callaghan Will play
Weldon as far as i know is playing
T Higgins If his partner plays netty i think he will play
D Kerr May be staying in shep but could still play
Willoughby just had knee clean out if it feels ok will play
Phillips Came to christmas party and said he wants to play
Henson Cant see why he wouldnt play
Railton has told club he could retire !!
Duggan-Hulands going up north for a year

To the best of my knowledge that is where these blokes stand and we are talking to a few about coming out for a run so hopefully we wiil get a couple of them.
just a slight edit their mitsch !! Also how was the old Chrissy party , who got the Santa gig ?
And whilst on clubs possible losses / gains , I would think quite a few of the leagues better players would need to leave before any of those supposed to be leaving rovers other than May would make the leagues top 20 - 30 players ! Although not obviously a true guide have any of them ever recieved a vote in the league medal, wouldn't think to many of them have featured prominately in opposing sides match - ups ?
In saying that I have seen Todd play some very good footy , pre knee and thought he showed glimpses of that form in the seniors final he played, and saw Brodie lumbar kick 4 or 5 a few years ago !!

just a slight edit their mitsch !! Also how was the old Chrissy party , who got the Santa gig ?
And whilst on clubs possible losses / gains , I would think quite a few of the leagues better players would need to leave before any of those supposed to be leaving rovers other than May would make the leagues top 20 - 30 players ! Although not obviously a true guide have any of them ever recieved a vote in the league medal, wouldn't think to many of them have featured prominately in opposing sides match - ups ?
In saying that I have seen Todd play some very good footy , pre knee and thought he showed glimpses of that form in the seniors final he played, and saw Brodie lumbar kick 4 or 5 a few years ago !!

No doubt May is the key loss, any club would be silly not to want to have the services of a current League & Club BnF winner.

Agree with you on Todd, no doubting he has the ability to turn a game and play great footy. Just very unfortunate with injuries.

Lumber kicked 8 against Strathmerton and 7 against Wunghnu. Would think he would have featured in defensive match-ups for opposition.

O'Connor featured in Rovers best 7 times out of 17 games. Was probably able to sneak under opposition radar due to others over 6ft, Bode, Fitzpatrick, Braybon etc.

Jenkin featured in Rovers best 4 times out of 16 games, including the first final against Jerilderie. May have even won a Tasker medal as well, not sure if that was this year though?

Jones featured in Rovers best 3 times out of 7 games. Didnt play Seniors until about Round 13.

Surely not all of these players would be getting paid, I'd hope that some are just going to play alongside mates. Hopefully that is what footy is still all about.

(stats sourced from league website)

No doubt May is the key loss, any club would be silly not to want to have the services of a current League & Club BnF winner.

Agree with you on Todd, no doubting he has the ability to turn a game and play great footy. Just very unfortunate with injuries.

Lumber kicked 8 against Strathmerton and 7 against Wunghnu. Would think he would have featured in defensive match-ups for opposition.

O'Connor featured in Rovers best 7 times out of 17 games. Was probably able to sneak under opposition radar due to others over 6ft, Bode, Fitzpatrick, Braybon etc.

Jenkin featured in Rovers best 4 times out of 16 games, including the first final against Jerilderie. May have even won a Tasker medal as well, not sure if that was this year though?

Jones featured in Rovers best 3 times out of 7 games. Didnt play Seniors until about Round 13.

Surely not all of these players would be getting paid, I'd hope that some are just going to play alongside mates. Hopefully that is what footy is still all about.

(stats sourced from league website)

If all these players left, plus the loss of some key reserves players (ruckman, centreman, full forward and their best in reserves grand final), depth may be an issue with the Rovers this year???

Depth has always been the problem at rovers, and most sides in the picola league. It has been a problem the last few years hence our results in finals and big games. You need everyone firing in those big games as a side is only as good as its worst player. In saying that we had 36 players that played seniors last year. 10 of these played under 5 games so we will be hoping some of these guys take the next step. the 3rds loose 10 players into the seniors ranks (2nds or seniors) of these we would hope 5 play seniors at some stage, with the possibility of another 3-4 still playing 3rds to play some senior footy. As most clubs at this stage we are still in talks with 3-4 possible recruits. So with the loss of 7 players out to the mighty hawks we will be about the same numbers wise. Will the quality, dedication and discipline be the same, better or worse time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D Kerr - not returning
B Willoughby - retired
I Phillips - retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infoking
I have marvelled, laughed my guts out, at some of the stuff we here about Mathoura, surely the walk out of players is not true. here's a view

blake, todd, sutcliff, willoughby, murphy, preace, bessel, buckly, sparey, magner, ralton, weldon, hartshorn

think i may know who infoking really is now :thumbsu: maybe all should find out facts instead of posting with out knowing a thing at all...

retired/ playing elsewhere something happen this yr? retired would mean not playing yea? if that was the case railton is leaving:thumbsu: not retiring yea?

Quote:
I have marvelled, laughed my guts out, at some of the stuff we here about Mathoura, surely the walk out of players is not true. here's a view

blake, todd, sutcliff, willoughby, murphy, preace, bessel, buckly, sparey, magner, ralton, weldon, hartshorn

think i may know who infoking really is now :thumbsu: maybe all should find out facts instead of posting with out knowing a thing at all...

retired/ playing elsewhere something happen this yr? retired would mean not playing yea? if that was the case railton is leaving:thumbsu: not retiring yea?

I'm sure you do know who infoking and loosely were/are and have done for some time GM !

They both commenced and posted most frequently about the same time you started on here !

Had you taken the time to read and understand the post you have responded to, you would have realised the whole article was about rumours I had heard more than once, including those about Railton, after all I'm sure your not insinuating that you haven't heard or read rumours of him playing elsewhere ?
Also GM the post you have reponded to is factual , in that they are rumours as stated, whether you agree with it or not, I think the post served its purpose and had the rumours denied by someone assumed on here to be in the know, as you may or may not have realised was suggested in the last paragraph of the post !!;)

Quote:

From what I hear from over Timbercutter way the club maybe happy to see some, by all means not all, of the above mentioned people retire/play elsewhere;).

From what I hear from over Timbercutter way the club maybe happy to see some, by all means not all, of the above mentioned people retire/play elsewhere;).
Yea its already been established Ninety Three , drug trafficking amongst the juniors , bank robberies , belting women, umpires, stealing money from the club , not training , swinger clubs , Melbourne gangland, Griffith Mafia, , you name it he did it ? :D
Out of interest where were you in 06,07 and 08 when the club needed people to help and before the issues you keep on raising about this person didn't appear to be there ? ;)(oh I to can add these little smilies )

Bad news for the Hoppers, A/C & "09" best and fairest Josh Noonan may need a knee reco, after a training mishap tonight:thumbsdown:

Chin up Noon's! Great player and bloke! All the boys are behind you:thumbsu:

Bad news for the Hoppers, A/C & "09" best and fairest Josh Noonan may need a knee reco, after a training mishap tonight:thumbsdown:

Chin up Noon's! Great player and bloke! All the boys are behind you:thumbsu:

He will be missed was one of the guys that we had to keep an eye on when we played them all the best hope its not the big mac.

Yea its already been established Ninety Three , drug trafficking amongst the juniors , bank robberies , belting women, umpires, stealing money from the club , not training , swinger clubs , Melbourne gangland, Griffith Mafia, , you name it he did it ? :D
Out of interest where were you in 06,07 and 08 when the club needed people to help and before the issues you keep on raising about this person didn't appear to be there ? ;)(oh I to can add these little smilies )
As I mentioned "From what I heard" and from what I heard was nothing like has been portrayed here. :confused: (I thought everyone could add the little smileys)

As I mentioned "From what I heard" and from what I heard was nothing like has been portrayed here. :confused: (I thought everyone could add the little smileys)

You hear a lot of things which have very little substance or are factual 93, I'm just interested in what your emergence and these apparent rumours starting have in common , as they don't appear to have been such an issue before you appeared and appear strongly toward one person. Have they done something to you or someone close to you ?
Exposed you or someone close to you of wrong doing ??

Just new on here, so I can't ber bothered ready 20 pages of posts, so can someone tell me if Summer Dickinson is going around again at the doggies. Have they picked up/lost anyone?

You hear a lot of things which have very little substance or are factual 93, I'm just interested in what your emergence and these apparent rumours starting have in common , as they don't appear to have been such an issue before you appeared and appear strongly toward one person. Have they done something to you or someone close to you ?
Exposed you or someone close to you of wrong doing ??

Firstly I am unsure why there is a suggestion that I would have been involved with the club during any period let alone the years quoted. And you are right PTF ‘You hear a lot of things which have very little substance or are factual 93”. I am not sure how I could appear strongly towards one person though, as 7 out of the 10 you have mentioned below are retiring or playing elsewhere
“The rumours I have heard of blokes who played in the final last year indicate :

D Kerr - not returning
B Willoughby - retired
I Phillips - retired

I find it fascinating PTF that anyone would ask a personal question like this in this forum:
“Have they done something to you or someone close to you ?
Exposed you or someone close to you of wrong doing??” even if they had or maybe had not.:confused: Take it easy:):thumbsu:

Firstly I am unsure why there is a suggestion that I would have been involved with the club during any period let alone the years quoted. And you are right PTF ‘You hear a lot of things which have very little substance or are factual 93”. I am not sure how I could appear strongly towards one person though, as 7 out of the 10 you have mentioned below are retiring or playing elsewhere
“The rumours I have heard of blokes who played in the final last year indicate :
D Kerr - not returning
B Willoughby - retired
I Phillips - retired
I find it fascinating PTF that anyone would ask a personal question like this in this forum:
“Have they done something to you or someone close to you ?
Exposed you or someone close to you of wrong doing??” even if they had or maybe had not.:confused: Take it easy:):thumbsu:

" retired/ playing elsewhere something happen this yr? retired would mean not playing yea? if that was the case railton is leaving:thumbsu: not retiring yea?
From what I hear from over Timbercutter way the club maybe happy to see some, by all means not all, of the above mentioned people retire/play elsewhere;). "

Actually 93 , of those you have in bold :
2 Listed as ' retiring'
1 Listed as ' playing elsewhere '
1 Listed as ' retiring / playing elsewhere '
2 Listed as ' playing Melb '
and
1 Listed as ' retiring / injured '
So thats 3 which are listed , as ' retired ' or ' playing elsewhere '.

' 7 out of the 10 you have mentioned below are retiring or playing elsewhere ' ,
That was a list of some rumours, not a statement !!

Not sure why you are so concerned about personal questions so quickly after you have got on here posting about personel !!

" retired/ playing elsewhere something happen this yr? retired would mean not playing yea? if that was the case railton is leaving:thumbsu: not retiring yea?
From what I hear from over Timbercutter way the club maybe happy to see some, by all means not all, of the above mentioned people retire/play elsewhere;). "

Actually 93 , of those you have in bold :
2 Listed as ' retiring'
1 Listed as ' playing elsewhere '
1 Listed as ' retiring / playing elsewhere '
2 Listed as ' playing Melb '
and
1 Listed as ' retiring / injured '
So thats 3 which are listed , as ' retired ' or ' playing elsewhere '.

' 7 out of the 10 you have mentioned below are retiring or playing elsewhere ' ,
That was a list of some rumours, not a statement !!

Not sure why you are so concerned about personal questions so quickly after you have got on here posting about personel !!
'So thats 3 which are listed , as ' retired ' or ' playing elsewhere
2 Listed as ' retiring' that equals 2 +1 Listed as ' playing elsewhere that equals 3 +1 Listed as ' retiring / playing elsewhere equals 4 + 2 Listed as ' playing Melb (elsewhere) equals 6 and 1 Listed as ' retiring / injured 'equals 7 to me anyway. but i never was much good at maths':rolleyes:
'
'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back