Picola & District South East 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that Herbie Meyland has signed on as coach of Waaia for next year, and also that Cowan from Numurkah will be his assistant, good luck to all the backmen in the comp if this is the case.

Meyland is coach but no chance Cowan will be going to the Picola league..

Well Done to the Eagles on Sat! Great day for the club winning 3 of the 4 footy, and 2 of the 7 netty. The pres, committee and coaches should all hold their head very high as they have put in the work and now they can bask in the sun for a while.
Chrissy Cullo B & F winner in the ones, Kane Handley in the twos. Seniors a real good count with Cullo, Ozzie, Fraps, Maso & J. Best all polling well. The surprise was Frosty's tally! Looks like he may have to take on a few more difficult opponents next year instead of taking the soft teargets!:eek::eek::eek::D
On a side note, hope young Coby is on the mend. Poor Bugger looked sh!thouse over the past cuppla days. I'm sure he would've partied the house down if he wasn't in so much discomfort. A shattered shoulder blade would not be too enjoyable I would suspect.

Well done to the Eagles for there win I just hope we dont start hearing all the shepp east are to good for this league stuff again.

Katandra Trophy Winners (from what I can remember)

B&F and Best in Finals and Super Kat- Dan O'Reilly
R-Up - Shane Venables
Best Utility - Nick Bertoli (4th in B&F)
Most Improved - Cam Dudgeon
? Encouragement Award - Jayden Wilkie
Best Team Man - Gregor Teague
Goal Kicking - Derek Hall
? Coaches Award - Cam Calder
Club Life Membership & Most Consistent - Wes Teague (3rd in B&F)

Reserves B&F - Ross Hopkins
R-Up - Corey Wilson

Other trophy Winners included - Matt Warner, Jay Humphries, Cal Hanna, Allen Everard

josh lewis is a bit stiff not winning rennie's seeing that he is their best player by a mile
lonergan a deserving winner but the r/up is a sheepdog

How did Payne poll? I would've thought he would've been pretty close seeing his haul over the season!

Any news on retirements, players movements on the off season?

Katunga Ins Shane Cockerell,Andrew Douglas, Micheal Douglas,Scott Thompson, Zac Betson, Mark Ryan all from Congupna and Ryan Peace and Nick Howden from Numurka, swans starting to make the move of the bottom.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Katunga Ins Shane Cockerell,Andrew Douglas, Micheal Douglas,Scott Thompson, Zac Betson, Mark Ryan all from Congupna and Ryan Peace and Nick Howden from Numurka, swans starting to make the move of the bottom.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'll nearly have to keep going wash if Hollywood and Noodle are heading out from the blues. Sounds like the Swannies are on the move. Good luck to them.

rumours out of benalla - a few tunga boys heading to the all blacks. payne and powell into yarrawonga for a crack at better footy. hearn back to tunga from glenrowan. a bloke from katamatite (gardner?) to tunga. just rumours though ......

rumours out of benalla - a few tunga boys heading to the all blacks. payne and powell into yarrawonga for a crack at better footy. hearn back to tunga from glenrowan. a bloke from katamatite (gardner?) to tunga. just rumours though ......

The boys going to Benalla All Blacks will have to accept to hand over there brain at the gate !!! Otherwise they will feel very out of it..

lol payne and powell are stayin i can guarentee that hean wasnt happy at glenrowan for most of the year gardiner yeh he is at tunga and who the boys u heard goin to benalla

""goorambat are going all out next year getting shaun downie who kicked 130 goals for yarraweah in picola league in a shit side then 80 in the murray league for tocumwal and his friend jimmy daniels and other friends. Glen Burnell and Karl Bibby Andrew Doxey and friends are all coming back .Big PETE is coming back and Tim Walker may play.Sean Horsburgh from Violet Town and some mates..andrew gordon ,whinray brothers from tungamah.And are talking to other players!!!""

This was posted on the O & K Website a few weeks back but thats G'bat not benalla..

""goorambat are going all out next year getting shaun downie who kicked 130 goals for yarraweah in picola league in a shit side then 80 in the murray league for tocumwal and his friend jimmy daniels and other friends. Glen Burnell and Karl Bibby Andrew Doxey and friends are all coming back .Big PETE is coming back and Tim Walker may play.Sean Horsburgh from Violet Town and some mates..andrew gordon ,whinray brothers from tungamah.And are talking to other players!!!""

This was posted on the O & K Website a few weeks back but thats G'bat not benalla..

Geez, they must have struck oil out in foot of the Warby Ranges:eek:

The boys going to Benalla All Blacks will have to accept to hand over there brain at the gate !!! Otherwise they will feel very out of it..

What are you on about fotf the All blacks are on the way up they have been since les gilchrist took over as senior coach a few years back!!! so how bout you think about what you say before you open your mouth!!!!

Big Rumour Chris Burke off to play for Denver - Colorado ... very strong rumour

I'm sure he will play IN Denver whether its FOR, I'm not sure, you may have your wires crossed there JAM. With the Ozzie $ going great guns, have you got your shopping list in yet? He reckons he is taking the infamous GV Plumbing Bluey over to get a photo with some of the Hooters girls. I reckon his mate GD will love that one! :D Hopefully he'll return in tip top knick for pre-season - NOT!

lol payne and powell are stayin i can guarentee that hean wasnt happy at glenrowan for most of the year gardiner yeh he is at tunga and who the boys u heard goin to benalla

I might have got my info wrong. FOTF might have got it right with the Whinrays going to the Bats. I think Tatong are looking to Tunga again for recruits as well. Gambi don't you think Chris Kennedy won't try and take a few boys like Payne and Powell with him up to Yarra now that he has landed the coaching job there? Surely he'll have a crack at them (if he hasn't already ......;)). Hearn will be a good player to get back there at Tunga anyway. Gardiner I'm not so sure.

I might have got my info wrong. FOTF might have got it right with the Whinrays going to the Bats. I think Tatong are looking to Tunga again for recruits as well. Gambi don't you think Chris Kennedy won't try and take a few boys like Payne and Powell with him up to Yarra now that he has landed the coaching job there? Surely he'll have a crack at them (if he hasn't already ......;)). Hearn will be a good player to get back there at Tunga anyway. Gardiner I'm not so sure.
well they have already signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back