Picola & District South East 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a disapointing way for rennie to finish there year off after losing to katandra!! Alot of recruits and not even a finals win would have to be very deflating for the coaches and the club?? Thought dookie really took it up to tungamah for 3 quarters on saturday to but i think tunga,s genuine guns really stood up and got them over the line ( powell '' no one went near him in a dookie jumper'', payne 6 goals and rarely misses shots and dodd was also good) Makes for a blockbuster game at waaia between eagles and tungamah on saturday for a spot in the big one:):)

What a disapointing way for rennie to finish there year off after losing to katandra!! Alot of recruits and not even a finals win would have to be very deflating for the coaches and the club?? Thought dookie really took it up to tungamah for 3 quarters on saturday to but i think tunga,s genuine guns really stood up and got them over the line ( powell '' no one went near him in a dookie jumper'', payne 6 goals and rarely misses shots and dodd was also good) Makes for a blockbuster game at waaia between eagles and tungamah on saturday for a spot in the big one:):)

The old slogan "a champion team will be a team of champions" Cant always buy a flag. Maybe spend some more money next year

Was a great game yesterday. Both 1s and 2s live to fight another day. If we can play the same style of game again... who knows!!!

What a disapointing way for rennie to finish there year off after losing to katandra!!

I'm sure it will be written up saying they had a plethora not available due to injury - again!!:rolleyes: If they had have had a full side - who knows?

Anyway, I was suprised how Shepp Easts ground stood up with the amount of rain they had out that way last week. Made for a pretty good day watching footy. Very impressed with No7 from Tunga - he killed it. Very poised with the footy. And as stated, Payne doesn't miss. I thought Dooks had them on the ropes a bit early with their pace and footy movement, but credit to Tunga, they ground their way to get the game on their terms and got the result. BTW does Kendall or Campbell ever play on an opponent! Must give Dickins and McKinley the sh#ts coz they are two pretty good defenders. I thought they got found out a few times on Sat.

Should be a good cuppla games this week. A few nice days b/n now and the week end should see 2 pretty high quality finals.

Was a great game yesterday. Both 1s and 2s live to fight another day. If we can play the same style of game again... who knows!!!
Hey iwantanotherflag, great win by both teams i hear. who played well and what did u put the win down too? considering around a month ago rennie had beaten you guys by around 15 goals. finals experience maybe?
and do you see any changes for the upcoming game against dookie?

Righto - I see on a couple of other threads the team of the year is up and running, so here I go: -

B: Dickins (DU); Burns (SE); Burkitt (Katty)
HB: Gilmour (W); Gillespie (SE); W Teague (Kat)
C: Saunders (T); Lewis (R); J.Best (SE)
HF: Dodd (T); Osborne (SE); Rhodes (R)
F: Powell (T); Strawhorn (R); Payne (T)
R: Betson (T); Cullinan (SE); Frappell (SE)
Int: Wild (Katty); Kitto (DU); Few (Katunga); Mason (SE)

So, thats:
SE - 7, Tunga - 5, DU - 2, Rennie - 3, Kat - 1, Katty - 2, Waaia - 1, Katunga -1

Some of these may not play in their selected positions, but the games I've seen, I think they would adapt nicely to where the have been named. Always good for discussion, so what do ya reckon?
saunders is a bit young dont you think ??

saunders is a bit young dont you think ??
Daniel Orielly and shane Venables you would think would be in the team of the year from Katandras team.
who's everybodys predictions for the upcoming games this weekend?
i see shepp east winning against tungamah, with their depth just too strong for tungamah, but i wouldn't underestimate tunga as they are a proven team in finals.
Cant wait for the dookie vs katandra game. rumours are that patty mcmullun has hurt his hammy which is a huge blow for them. katandras experience in finals will also be important and obviously the david teague factor will be important..
whats everybodys thoughts?:thumbsu:

Seniors: got a chubby over the tunga v shep east shootout today i reckon tunga might just cause a upset by 3 pts, dookie v katandra couldnt give a hoot only making up the numbers anyway.
Ressies:shep east will take care of business by 6 goals over katty, Tunga by 2 goals over katandra Gambi to snag 1 with his only kick of the day haha

Shepp east seniors and seconds far too good. Maybe even for our league. Watching the twos today Tony Gillespie would easily have to be the dirtiest sniper dog in the league. The only reason he plays is to do it. It's dissapointing because you find yourself just hoping that some one will clean him up or give him a wallop underneath a pack

Shepp east seniors and seconds far too good. Maybe even for our league. Watching the twos today Tony Gillespie would easily have to be the dirtiest sniper dog in the league. The only reason he plays is to do it. It's dissapointing because you find yourself just hoping that some one will clean him up or give him a wallop underneath a pack
I also had a pretty good view of that game, "dirty sniper dog" would be a bit extreme! sure he has a crack, with the shaved head and tatts, but i can assure you he plays for the right reasons and has done so admirably this season, top show in the league count tonight!!
As for the match, i thought Katty had a crack early but the Eagles had an edge in the latter half of the game, the scoreboard had it looking alot more one-sided than it was.
Much the same in the seniors, the Eagles weathered the Tunga storm early and then maybe had a bit to much depth in the end.
Katandra in the seniors and Tunga in the reserves today for mind.

Good to see the League Executive get on the front foot and change the venue of the Grand Final from Dookie to Strathmerton... the Dookie ground was not up to scratch according to some close resources, not enough grass cover and very soft under foot, what needs to be done to fix this problem???? It may be a good viewing ground but at the end of the day you need a decent surface to play on.... Well done league Execs.

Good to see the League Executive get on the front foot and change the venue of the Grand Final from Dookie to Strathmerton... the Dookie ground was not up to scratch according to some close resources, not enough grass cover and very soft under foot, what needs to be done to fix this problem???? It may be a good viewing ground but at the end of the day you need a decent surface to play on.... Well done league Execs.

What an incentive for the Strathy boys to get up this week! Getting to get back on the sauce for another GF!

Well done to Ricky Frappell on winning the Cyril Pearce last night. His name wasn't mentioned by anyone predicting the winner, can he round out a perfect season?

A big well done to Steph Teague and Amanda Gledhill for coming 1-2 in the A Grade count!

Wes Teague and Jenny Doyle gained PDFL Life Membership for their involvement with Katandra FNC and the PDFL.

I wasn't at the count so can only pass on what I've heard and read, would be great if anyone else had some news regarding the count.

Votes from the paper:

Ricky Frappell (Shepparton East) 26
Mathew Kitto (Dookie United) 21
Robert Osborne (Shepparton East) 20
Ashley Gardner (Katamatite) 17
Luke Minogue (Katandra) 14 Jason Wild (Katamatite) 14

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mmmmm seems to me the umpy,s dont seem to agree with your call about gillespie been the dirtiest sniping dog in the leauge as he finished an impressive runner up in the reserves medal??:p:p Fair effort considering he missed 7 games (seniors, injuries) during the year:thumbsu::thumbsu: Well done to ricky frappell on the pearce medal a very tough player and deserving winner:D:D:D What are peoples thoughts on katandra,s chances of there dream run continuing????? Kellett is a mess at full forward for the kats by the way:thumbsdown:

mmmmm seems to me the umpy,s dont seem to agree with your call about gillespie been the dirtiest sniping dog in the leauge as he finished an impressive runner up in the reserves medal??:p:p Fair effort considering he missed 7 games (seniors, injuries) during the year:thumbsu::thumbsu: Well done to ricky frappell on the pearce medal a very tough player and deserving winner:D:D:D What are peoples thoughts on katandra,s chances of there dream run continuing????? Kellett is a mess at full forward for the kats by the way:thumbsdown:

never said he wasn't a good player...but he would be the most unliked player. I was talking to a few blokes on the weekend and we thought that ricky would have to go close to winning it, the only thing we though could happen is that people would still votes.
Have to agree katandra is a better team without Kellett. Tunga will be hard to beat for the eagles i think

Well done to Ricky Frappell on winning the Cyril Pearce last night. His name wasn't mentioned by anyone predicting the winner, can he round out a perfect season?

A big well done to Steph Teague and Amanda Gledhill for coming 1-2 in the A Grade count!

Wes Teague and Jenny Doyle gained PDFL Life Membership for their involvement with Katandra FNC and the PDFL.

I wasn't at the count so can only pass on what I've heard and read, would be great if anyone else had some news regarding the count.

Votes from the paper:

Ricky Frappell (Shepparton East) 26
Mathew Kitto (Dookie United) 21
Robert Osborne (Shepparton East) 20
Ashley Gardner (Katamatite) 17
Luke Minogue (Katandra) 14 Jason Wild (Katamatite) 14

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...sk=DETAIL&articleID=12859735&sectionID=187226

Any news on clubs B & F's.
My predictions for those who are out of the race:
Katunga: Carkeek from T.Few
Waaia: Gilmour from daylight
Katty: Wild from Gardner
Rennie: Lewis from ?
Dookie: Kitto from Dickins

I'll have a punt on the others:
Kats: G.Teague from Bertolli
Tunga: Powell from Dodd
Shepp East: Cullinan, Osborne, Mason & Frappell tie for 1st

Id totally have to agree with ktiger about Tony Gillespie! He is by far one of the dirtest players ive seen play! Ive been to watch a few games & all he does is throw his stick like figure at young kids & smacks blokes behind play once the ball has gone. I know personally wouldnt take his s*#t and wouldnt care getting put out for a few wks but then im only playing at his level. In saying that his not the only one. I seen a few of the older blokes playing for Waaia & Katandra just going for the kill. Jst wrecks the sport with these brain dead ppl. But lets just say thank god for old age cos they should be in there wheelchairs b4 too long.

sounds like ya might be better suited to a less physical sport leigh like pigeon racing or t-ball ressies footy is all about the old blokes trying slow down the young blokes and always will be

Uppercut mate i have no worries at all about abit of tough footy as i believe it makes a player,however being dirty, isn't footy mate! Do it within the rules not behind play or outside the rules. More then happy to take a bump etc but again within the rules in which some of these guys ive seen & played against are not within the rules. Cheers mate.

Tough conditions at Mulwala on Saturday. The first quarter was not too bad, but after that it was hard to muster a score. Adam Dodd's goal on the 1/4 time siren put the Bears 3 goals up and was probably the last kick to travel more than 30 metres!

Not sure if Tungamah will be able to end Shepp East's run this weekend to capture the three-peat.

I suppose the silly season will be here soon with rumours flying about player movements etc.

Daniel O'Reilly will be at the helm at Katandra next season, as Derek Hall has retired.

For what it's worth my tips for this weekend are:

1s Shepp East (can't see the Bears getting up)
2s Shepp East
3s Dookie United
4s Shepp East

Tough day on Sat Flag! They reckon the ground was a massive cow pat. I dunno if it could've been as bad as the ground Yarra & Albury played on at the weekend. I've never seen anything like that!
Seeing the going was so heavy, was there any injuries that Tunga copped that they will be hopeful to get up this week?
Geez the scoobies must have been a belta to with a 1pt win to the Bears. So thats the Eagles v the Bears in both 1's & 2's. Hope the Gods smile on everyone over the next few days so that we get a reasonable spectacle on Sat.
You mentioned Hally retiring, any news whether Wes will go on? His form of late would suggest that he has at least another one in him. Somewhat vindicates his selection in the team of the year:rolleyes:
Good Luck to all involved.

Tough day on Sat Flag! They reckon the ground was a massive cow pat. I dunno if it could've been as bad as the ground Yarra & Albury played on at the weekend. I've never seen anything like that!
Seeing the going was so heavy, was there any injuries that Tunga copped that they will be hopeful to get up this week?
Geez the scoobies must have been a belta to with a 1pt win to the Bears. So thats the Eagles v the Bears in both 1's & 2's. Hope the Gods smile on everyone over the next few days so that we get a reasonable spectacle on Sat.
You mentioned Hally retiring, any news whether Wes will go on? His form of late would suggest that he has at least another one in him. Somewhat vindicates his selection in the team of the year:rolleyes:
Good Luck to all involved.

No obvious injuries, probably just a case of heavy legs. Betson rucked all game without change, cos he can.... In one tap out that we both missed, the ball hit the ground and didn't move, very cow pat like! :D

Wes will be out there again next year as he will save at least $140 in gate fees! Our new coach is confident on landing a few new faces (and some returning ones) to help us have a better season that the up and down one we just contested.

I hear that Herbie Meyland has signed on as coach of Waaia for next year, and also that Cowan from Numurkah will be his assistant, good luck to all the backmen in the comp if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back