Pies' list facing big cuts

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we take Blight in the PSD.

Probably the right move, look to make space on a list with plenty of quality young players. Get some more players who are a ready to challenge for a spot in the 22 now and in the near future rather than retain a development prospect.

I am finding the Blight news hard to believe. Just last year Licuria was saying he will be an important player for Collingwood in the future. The Age must of got something wrong, maybe Blight wasn't delisted just wanted to go back to WA. :rolleyes:

I am finding the Blight news hard to believe. Just last year Licuria was saying he will be an important player for Collingwood in the future. The Age must of got something wrong, maybe Blight wasn't delisted just wanted to go back to WA. :rolleyes:

I must admit I have been thinking the same thing, that or they are not giving us the full story. It seems as though our delistings have been announced very quickly, as I would have imagined everybody would have been celebrating well into last night and organizing events yesterday.

The bit that seems strange for me is that Collingwood usually try their best to find the player a home through a late draft pick. Unless they think no one else would pick any of them up? which would be very strange to me, as I believe all of them could find another home, especially in this compromised draft.

Yeh the Blight call is confusing and there is more then likely something we don't and will not know about. As others have mentioned certainly still has something to offer someone at AFL level and it is strange, even if we didn't rate him as valuable trade bait, that we didn't even try to get a trade for his sake to get him home (assuming that's what he wants)

Who cares really. As for the number of turn overs, it's a bit but in reality a lot of it is just dead wood really. Corrie and Cook have not had a positive influence at all over the past couple of years and O'Bree whilst a great guy to have around the club was well and truely past it.

Barham was 50/50 I think, certainly couldn't see him breaking into the best side anytime soon and was probably on the dead wood side of things but may have been handy for depth, the club obviously have plans to promote a few rookies etc and felt they needed the list space.

I really hope with all these turnovers that both Tarks and Presti can be convinced to go around one more time, just to help add to the depth. Even if only as VFL players who can be called upon when needed. Our depth and our ability to manage our list was a real strength this year and something we really have to try replicate next year.

Blight can still be traded, his contract runs out October 30th therefore he is still our player, we just told him he wont get his contract renewed.

Blight!? Geez that hurts. I thought the number of delisting retirements was going to be around 8 but 12, that seems like a little too much. How are we going to replace all these players with the compromised drafts over the next few years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah Blight is disappointing but as was mentioned before CFC dont usually have many come back and bite them so you have to believe the right call was made. Might also be the homesick factor as well

If Blight has been De-Listed that is a MASSIVE mistake by the Club and be missing out on a Future Gun:mad:

Rubbish!!!

Dave, you have also been banging on about how Wood is the best ruckman to ever play the game....

Just because he was one of your favourites doesn't mean he's going to be the next James Clement (As unfortunate as that is).

Rubbish!!!

Dave, you have also been banging on about how Wood is the best ruckman to ever play the game....

Just because he was one of your favourites doesn't mean he's going to be the next James Clement (As unfortunate as that is).

Bullshit!!!

Get off his back wicksy,blight will be a gun,if he has been delisted we will look back on this im sure...

Why did we play hard ball last year with 3-4 teams interested in him?
Has trade value so makes no sense at all........

Blight!? Geez that hurts. I thought the number of delisting retirements was going to be around 8 but 12, that seems like a little too much. How are we going to replace all these players with the compromised drafts over the next few years?

With some of this....

a03ed4781c.png

Bullshit!!!

Get off his back wicksy,blight will be a gun*,if he has been delisted we will look back on this im sure...

Why did we play hard ball last year with 3-4 teams interested in him?
Has trade value so makes no sense at all........

Jeez... Bit touchy mate!! You want a Cranberry juice?

*Obviously the club didn't think so.
Clubs knowledge >>>>>> Yours!

you can still trade him. Plenty of players get traded that are going to be delisted. Trade for a late pick. Similar to Corrie the other year.
Seems strange however. I've got a feeling if he's been delisted it means his heart is not in it and he's not really interested in being an afl player. Always seemed to be a bit of a different cat, not everyone wants to play afl like us. Some just aren't really interested no matter how much talent they have.

I must admit I have been thinking the same thing, that or they are not giving us the full story. It seems as though our delistings have been announced very quickly, as I would have imagined everybody would have been celebrating well into last night and organizing events yesterday.

The bit that seems strange for me is that Collingwood usually try their best to find the player a home through a late draft pick. Unless they think no one else would pick any of them up? which would be very strange to me, as I believe all of them could find another home, especially in this compromised draft.

Yeah thats right, its seems out of character for Collingwood, I am sure they will try to find them a home first. Also they need to see who they can get into the club, and after all that a judgement can be made on who will be delisted.
That makes more sense:rolleyes:

Rubbish!!!

Jeez... Bit touchy mate!! You want a Cranberry juice?

*Obviously the club didn't think so.
Clubs knowledge >>>>>> Yours!

Who is touchy?read your 1st post,there is more people saying they think he is going to be good than not....
Talk about narrow minded...

Funny how quick you jumped on dave but soon as someone said something back to you,well...;)

Who is touchy?read your 1st post,there is more people saying they think he is going to be good than not....
Talk about narrow minded...

Funny how quick you jumped on dave but soon as someone said something back to you,well...;)

Ahh... But there's nothing like a good argument on the interwebs to heal the soul.

Cranberry juice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies' list facing big cuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back