Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Tanking for a higher draft pick and easy draw for next year. :thumbsu:

I left the ground after Vickery's goal at three quarter time and that's when the onslaught started.

Therefore I take full responsibility for the margin and I apologise.

Last edited:
I have been working all afternoon but how do we lose by so much with 10 more inside 50's? What happened there? I can't watch the reply to find out myself.

Our delivery inside 50 was bomb it on their heads and hope for the best. Richmond's backline eating it up.

I have been working all afternoon but how do we lose by so much with 10 more inside 50's? What happened there? I can't watch the reply to find out myself.

We basically have the worst defense in the competition.

Here's what most posters in where wouldn't have noticed about this game.

In the first half, our midfield was at least breaking even. We were actually dominating play for much of the first half. But almost every single inside 50 Richmond had, resulted in a goal, or at least a score. Which already tells you our defense was playing terribly.

In the second half, Richmond's midfield got on top, but of course our defense was still p[laying terribly so the end result is what you saw.

Having said that, our forward line was atrocious and our delivery to the forward line wasn't much better. We're just a shocking football team really.

These things happen
Especially when the season is done, it's human nature to throw in the sponge
Shouldn't happen, but it does.

The side lacks a few more top liners
If we have those or develop those that can get there
Then the extras will assist us better
Players who are in the middle group ultimately assist but don't deliver the top prizes.
Our middle types are Toovey, Goldsack, Fasolo, Macaffer! Etc

We need to build some better stock of top liners to support Pendlebury, Swan and our big monster who seems a bit underdone Cloke

I'd like to award the Sally Robbins medal to the entire team after that last quarter.

Sally-Robbins-5466464.jpg

One of the most insipid, skill-less, pea-hearted efforts I've seen this club produce.

I am a Collingwood supporter from birth, but I will not ever support a collection of individuals who conspire to take the field in such a disgraceful manner.

And, obviously umpiring not a factor in result, but I cannot fathom the decisions from today. I still have no idea how that free was given to Houli when it was he who caught Cloke high. Can't wait for the Umpire review show later this week...

not a young side. Just a crap side with no functional game plan. Bucks throws in a few young guys to create an excuse. We should not tolerate 90 point losses. Should not accept honourable losses. Should not accept losses at all. Time to make some wholesale coaching changes. The purpose of playing is to win. I'm sick of a culture that makes excuses for losing. Someone needs to be held responsible. We need coaches that want to badly win. Get Ross Lyon or Paul Roos. Can't stand another disappointing year next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles probably happy his manager wasn't registered. Saved him from making a mistake

I should add the defence was poor today.
Frost is a trying stopper, good endeavour but alas he needs to add bows to his game

I don't want to see Sinclair play for Collingwood ever again.

He was one of our better players.

Toovey, Maynard, Frost, Blair. I'd start with those 4 first and work from there.

Forget the last quarter as the cue was well and truly in the rack. We had enough footy and inside 50s across the first 3 quarters to be right in the match. Bad skills and structure hurt. Also how those 3 idiots in black and yellow can dish up that junk is beyond comprehension. It got that bad that 'pies supporters were actively cheering for any ridiculous possible Richmond free. To the muppets credit they obliged and gave it. One can only laugh.

Probably our worst performance under Buckley.

Definitely. the worst umpiring I've ever seen to boot.

Disgusting that the umpires could get so many bluntly incorrect decisions against us.

An independent 3rd party needs to come in a investigate the umpiring against is over the last 2-3 years. Almost feels as if they're under instruction to put us at a disadvantage.

I reckon the 'brave' losses will be the worst thing to have happened to us this year - it's going to paper over the huge cracks we have in the club. We'll continue to point towards them as some sort of indication that we'll be alright and go through the same BS next year.

There's definitely a lot to look forward to next year. Know why? Because one of two things is going to happen next year. Either we're making finals, or Buckley will be sacked. Win/win.

We basically have the worst defense in the competition.

Here's what most posters in where wouldn't have noticed about this game.

In the first half, our midfield was at least breaking even. We were actually dominating play for much of the first half. But almost every single inside 50 Richmond had, resulted in a goal, or at least a score. Which already tells you our defense was playing terribly.

In the second half, Richmond's midfield got on top, but of course our defense was still p[laying terribly so the end result is what you saw.

Having said that, our forward line was atrocious and our delivery to the forward line wasn't much better. We're just a shocking football team really.
It's funny how you started off arguing our defence is shit, and then also noticed are midfield is shit, and then finally noticed our forward line isn't much better. Haha good read!

But yeah I agree with you. Nothing looks good ...

Im sick of looking at our mids hit the 30 possy mark and everyone give them a standing ovation when our opposition mids run by themselves and carve us up. Yes, Swanny is fantastic, yes Pendles and Sidey are stars, but ffs play defensively when we need you to.

Anyone that was there surely noticed players today were simply dis interested no effort what so ever no tackling too lazy to kick the ball and giving it away at will, however no doubt a very disappointing effort and something needs to be done inside 50s 58-48 our way and our midfield serve up rubbish continuously

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back