Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately everything about this game was crap.

The definition of insanity is continually doing the same thing but expecting a different result

For every good thing Grundy does he then ruins it with poor decision making.

Did Vickery bathe in garlic before the game? There was nobody near him all game.

Well done Swanny

Moore is going to be a star

Fasolo is a flat track bully

Would anybody consider trading Cloke? What would he be worth on the open market?

Poor decision making and disposal

How did De Goey go from RS nomination to sub in the same week

No pressure from midfielders allowed Tigers to constantly deliver ball I50 to multiple options

Umpiring was poor

Unfortunately I can't think of any positives

If we had some depth Elliott may have been having a rest

When you base your entire game plan around pressure and the opposition turning the ball over then when the pressure inevitably drops and/or the opposition doesn't turn the ball over what have you got ... yep precisely nothing. And that's not even addressing our widely acknowledged and long standing issue with poor disposal skills (especially by foot), so I can't imagine how Bucks would have ever thought this game plan of his would either A) work against good sides or b) be sustainable for an entire season.

Sweating on the opposition's mistakes has never been and will never be a strategy for success if you don't have the skill and structures in place which allow you to move the ball quickly and to the advantage of your forwards, in order to apply some scoreboard pressure of your own (all of the good teams are able to do this).

This sort of hiding was long overdue with the well known periods of ineptitude we've displayed in patches across the entire season and to be honest we've had more than a few teams over the past couple of years let us off the hook somewhat with a more "honorable" loss than we've deserved, but you just have to take it for what it is - we're currently a team of poorly skilled plodders who consistently make bad decisions, do not know when and where to run to in order to give team mates support or options down the ground and we're poorly coached with a game plan that places minimal, if any pressure on the opposition to defend.

The only positive I'm taking out of this is that we're getting games into the kids, because to be perfectly frank after we hit our "peak" against the Hawks and Freo we've slid down a very slippery slope since then and I suspect it's only going to get worse from here in the last couple of games, because now any semblance of confidence we might have has has more than likely completely evaporated.

The most worrying trend for me though is that for a second year in a row we've shown signs early but by the end of the year we've gone backwards because you can't look at football like we put up today and honestly say there is any real sign of improvement there.

I'm now expecting us to finish the year with the 9 wins we currently have (which is disappointing because I was hoping coming in that we'd maintain the effort from last year or perhaps sneak a 12th win in there somewhere) - I can't see us even getting close to the Cats and the Bombers will probably account for us easily in round 23 at that dog of stadium that we never really play well at nowadays.

Last edited:
Blair was our best forward today. He appeared to be the only person able to lead into space and at the right time.

Which is pointless if you refuse to kick goals. I'd rather a forward who couldn't take a mark but can still pinch a few goals.

Now that I've calmed down and despite what, to be fair, has been a disappointing game I don't share the end of the world scenario. A sorry series of losses looks bad and masks the fact that some accurate kicking would have have produced a very respectable series of wins and we'd all be sing a different song. The basis is there, we have some good talent that hopefully will be added to shortly. Poor performances will happen when you're off the pace and up against more highly motivated teams but I won't let it overshadow the bigger picture. My only request is that Hine recruit people who can kick with accuracy and appropriate weight.

Forst, Maynard and Toovey are shit. Always have been, always will be. It's obviously going to take a long time for people to see this. Having said tabard has played 4 games Ed.
Go back to the blues forum please that, our defensive "structures", if you can call them that, are essentially retarted. I'm still not sure why our defenders (I assume) are instructed NOT to play on their man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things are pretty bad but at least we aren't essendon.

Thats our consolation, at least we're not essendon, at least we're not carlton, melbourne etc.
i couldnt giv a stuff about them, i care about our club and where we are going. We are just going down, year after year

Now that I've calmed down and despite what, to be fair, has been a disappointing game I don't share the end of the world scenario. A sorry series of losses looks bad and masks the fact that some accurate kicking would have have produced a very respectable series of wins and we'd all be sing a different song. The basis is there, we have some good talent that hopefully will be added to shortly. Poor performances will happen when you're off the pace and up against more highly motivated teams but I won't let it overshadow the bigger picture. My only request is that Hine recruit people who can kick with accuracy and appropriate weight.
Unfortunately a number of the holdovers from our 2010 team who are still there do not fit that description.

I hope we get thrashed in the next two games, then maybe we will have a slim chance of off loading Bucks
to the Melbourne graveyard.

not a young side. Just a crap side with no functional game plan. Bucks throws in a few young guys to create an excuse. We should not tolerate 90 point losses. Should not accept honourable losses. Should not accept losses at all. Time to make some wholesale coaching changes. The purpose of playing is to win. I'm sick of a culture that makes excuses for losing. Someone needs to be held responsible. We need coaches that want to badly win. Get Ross Lyon or Paul Roos. Can't stand another disappointing year next year.

There is no way I want Ross Lyon at the club. He hasn't achieved success and never will. The game has already gone past his game style. We are still heading in the right direction we just needs some better cattle and a tweak of our structures. This game and the remainders hopefully will wake up our management and coaches to realise our deficiencies onfield.

I love your posts Baron but I think you and many others are way off the mark. Our current position is exactly where we belong. We are a very average side, we do not work hard enough, cannot hit a target and have no direction as a side. Right now we are a mile off playing finals next year.

I thought our defense and forward lines were killed, and our midfield probably beat theirs.

Was nowhere near as bad a loss as 90 points would have u believe, however the pressure and cohesion was sadly lacking.

Greenwood did well on Cotchin, but since he has been in the team we have looked considerably slower through the middle. Don't want him in the side. He turns the ball over too much.

Unfortunately, I have to jump on the drop Toovey bandwagon. His disposal is horrific. His handballing to our players toes is killing us every week. He fumbles too much as well.

Maynard was also found wanting in football smarts, and Frost, Langdon and Williams all had down days, but they have been good this season and get a let off for one down day.

Reid was terrible, but again, we just need to get games into him because we know what he can be.

Sinclair is an unintelligent footballer, imo, and we have too many of them in the team already.

As for the fwd line, my advice would be hit up the ball carrier for once, Cloke is the only one that does it. It's infuriating seeing the lack of movement in there.

Happy for Bucks to have next year to give it a crack and then if we fall short of the finals again he is likely to not be renewed. Having said this, even after today, I'm confident we will make finals next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back