Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

The zone defence is embarrassing us, poorly coached and dumb players trying to fulfil it. Cringeworthy watching their key forwards unattended 20 metres out waving their arms about, while down the other end there is a logjam with no separation and it bounces straight out.It's why you see Vickery have a day out with his direct opponent in screen, in maybe 1 of his 6 goals.

Also see we've gone back to Washington General mode when things go against us. Pathetic.

Buckley's performance trajectory is nose diving with little hope of recovery, he can't see the forest for the tree's (Time and time again)

Any other team would have sacked him.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. A bird in the hand is worth two in the...and other cliches. You are a nonsense poster (time and time again).

What ??????
He dosnt understand football?
You serious?
Yes, he understands football but he is an analytical think who is slow with thinking in the situation. You can see him in the box struggling and difficulty with experiential (practical) thinking. Knowledge and skilled footballers don't all make good coaches:

Yes, he understands football but he is an analytical think who is slow with thinking in the situation. You can see him in the box struggling and difficulty with experiential (practical) thinking. Knowledge and skilled footballers don't all make good coaches:
Young players need to learn the simple things first, even if they get beaten. One on one teaches them how to play and then more chesslike football can be learnt then with zones etc.

This is a Collingwood board. Nathan Buckley is a legend. From a moderating view there is no place anywhere on this board where it is acceptable to describe him as a "flog". Constructive criticism is fine. Anyone doing it from now can earn a holiday.
Go GC . You must be getting a lead from Hardas!

As shit as we were, 15 goals wasn't a reflection of the game to be fair. 40 down at 3QT despite dominating the i50s and missing easy goals and Richmond got their skis on a bit after that.
Yeah this is how I saw the game too up till 3QT. Collingwood played competitively for periods of the first 3 quarters but couldn't find a way to finish going forward and Richmond were much cleaner with their opportunities.

Defensively Richmond played well all day today so that made it difficult but in that last quarter the Pies completely shut down and the Tigers ran amok.

Did Buckley's press conference send you to sleep? :D

Honestly, I love Buckley's press conferences. It's like a new comedy every week :drunk::D

Interesting comment. If you watch a losing coach's press conference for entertainment then you are sadder than I thought.

I suspect that you DO love Buckley's pressers, because I strongly suspect that you're a troll.

I feel like this has become a ritual in the past two months.

Coming on here after every loss, trying to explain why we lost, looking for positives to reassure myself (and read others doing the same thing like TheBaron).

I'm running out of explanations.

If you're not looking for the positives in life, no matter how hard they are to find, then what's the purpose? Today was miserable and if it was happening regularly you'd be right to raise serious questions about player lists, coaching and commitment. This margin is an aberration in the context of the season. When you follow Collingwood you grow use to being the pigeon unfortunately today we were the statue.

Richmond took the piss and not one bloke wanted to do anything about it. Remember when king started an all in brawl when we did it to them a few years back? Adams had the perfect opportunity to show some fight in the second against cotchin, start a brawl and fluffed it. I wanted to see him, the team needed it. Instead Richmond treated us as kids.

The last thing we need is Adams getting sucked into more fights

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comment. If you watch a losing coach's press conference for entertainment then you are sadder than I thought.

I suspect that you DO love Buckley's pressers, because I strongly suspect that you're a troll.

graphwrite.aspx

No need for trolling, another kind member (Kappa) posted what is clear, you can read the chart right?:D

1_21CoRi15JW%201070.jpg

graphwrite.aspx

No need for trolling, another kind member posted what is clear, you can read the chart right?:D

1_21CoRi15JW%201070.jpg

No need for trolling, you say. And yet you seem to have a pathological need for it.

I've been directly indulging your sadness for over 30 mins, and the experience is beginning to make me feel dirty. Time to cleanse.

No need for trolling, you say. And yet you seem to have a pathological need for it.

I've been directly indulging your sadness for over 30 mins, and the experience is beginning to make me feel dirty. Time to cleanse.

I know, the chart hurts .... it shows the truth .... and the truth hurts.

We've just lost to a major rival by 15 goals and overall there hasn't been much improvement this year that provides supporters with any hope heading into next year.

Yes we have a good set of kids coming through the ranks and our expectations of them are understandably not high at this stage of their careers but most supporters have an expectation of the coaching staff that they will create an effective and functioning game plan that will allow us the best possible chance to win every game we participate in.

I go every week regardless of how good or bad we are but Collingwood members and supporters are rightfully not going to sit here and tolerate a lack of effort from the playing group. There's a difference between losing and knowing full well you're not good enough against a superior opposition and giving up in the final quarter like we did today and giving Richmond a 15 goal win.

Knowing myself I'll probably attend next week but I don't blame those who don't show up! The club has made a lot of statements about their expectations and so far we've failed to live up to those expectations. For what it's worth I had finishing between 9th to 12th but not in these circumstances and it's going to be another off-season of pessimism for many I suspect.

Last edited:
Fasolo:

Played like a pile of shit.

Then refuses to come out of the dug out at 3/4 time.

Shit player, shit bloke.

IF That is the Case then the Prince of Perth can go back to Perth

People who think that there are no holes in the game plan know nothing about the game, that comes down to coaching, what excuses were trotted out at the presser? I can't watch it yet as i don't feel like vomiting just yet.

Even with natural improvement due to age I am seriously doubting Buckleys ability to have a gameplan to beat all comers who play in all different ways.

As I said earlier, one of two things is happening next year. Either we're making finals or Bucks' contract won't be renewed. That's a win/win situation for most of the board. In the end, the rebuild excuse can only carry you so far.

Ultimately, these are the facts.

Bucks took over a premiership winning side. The youngest in 30 years
He was given free reign to shape the list as he saw fit and implement cultural changes he believed best for the club
In now his 4th year as coach, we have dropped further down the ladder for the 4th year straight

Literally the only thing Buckley has achieved in his 4 year tenure thus far that can be backed up statistically, is a positive win/loss record against Carlton. Which for many is also an important KPI.
bucks never had the full support of the team he took over but he does now and I do think the future is positive

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back