Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Forst, Maynard and Toovey are shit. Always have been, always will be. It's obviously going to take a long time for people to see this. Having said that, our defensive "structures", if you can call them that, are essentially retarted. I'm still not sure why our defenders (I assume) are instructed NOT to play on their man.

Maynard has some things to work with.

Same, guy is the biggest potato, yet Buckley continues to choose him based on emotion. Signs of an idiot, not a coach.
Maynard is almost a carbon copy of him.

I don't think Sinclair is that bad but its clear Buckley overrates him.

We are a joke really.

No one under 25 is really performing that well

We are carried by Swan and Pendlebury in the midfield still.

Our structures and game plan are in the bottom 2 in the entire AFL.

Long long long way to go, need a new coach and then a few years of rebuilding under him.

Maynard has some things to work with.

Not really. Those piss weak efforts to....tackle(?) Cotchin were just deplorable. People talk like he's an elite user of the ball. That's quite a stretch. He's just an ok kick. Probably made to look better by the likes of Toovey, Brown, Frost etc. who are terrible disposers.

We are a joke really.

No one under 25 is really performing that well

We are carried by Swan and Pendlebury in the midfield still.

Our structures and game plan are in the bottom 2 in the entire AFL.

Long long long way to go, need a new coach and then a few years of rebuilding under him.

So. Just watch the VFL as the last 2 AFL games be a waste of Time.

Moore was solid

Lots of trembling hearts or trolls around in this thread, assuring themselves that everything will be fine once Buckley is gone. It doesn't work that way. Sackings make journos feel better because it gives them a story, and it makes a few feverish supporters feel better about the world, but usually they don't achieve anything more than that.

A 90+ point thrashing is not evidence of 'discontent', or evidence of the absence of a game plan. A 90+ loss is evidence of a very bad day, which happen from time to time, but which haven't actually happened much under Buckley. Not this bad. Mick coached us to three 100+ losses before he won us a premiership; I think we can let Bucks have one horror day.

I'm gutted by the way we're finishing the year, and I hate spluttering into a long off-season as much as anyone. I hate that there is little to look forward to in the short-term other than a few decent trades. I also think that the coaches need to think about a style of play which is better suited to the players who are on the ground, rather than the players they wish they had out there. But I still believe that the list is being developed, and I still think that Bucks deserves the last year of his contract. He does NOT deserve to be re-signed this year. If we don't make finals next year, then we'll have to seriously think about parting ways with one of the greatest Collingwood champions I've ever had the privilege to watch.

Final Note--I'm all in favour of free speech, but I'm becoming less tolerant of the way that people exercise that right. Anyone who calls Buckley a 'flog' on this board is not truly a Collingwood supporter, in my view, and they should unload their toxic waste somewhere else.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flog of a coach that routinely lets his players bomb the ball inside 50, hoping for the best with no direction.
His allowed them to do it for most of the year, today was just another fine example.

The defence is non existent and gets cut open so easily. Goal kicking has been atrocious all year, has done nothing
to address or improve it. The list goes on .....

28l9xs2.jpg

Whatever you think of him as a coach, anyone who comes to a Collingwood board and labels Buckley a flog is a blatant and pathetic troll, or a shameless flog.

Sadly thus game was always a genuine risk of a blow out. The writing has been on the wall for a while.

It's absolutely vital that we give Geelong everything we have next week so we can commence the preseason with some confidence. If not we might not even beat essendon and it will make for a very long hot summer.

As for today's game I think we learned a thing or two about a few players. Sinclair has no future. Toovey is in worse form than he has ever been, was a laughing stock at the end giving away two stupid frees.

Moore and Maynard are quality. Marsh was overwhelmed but will be back. Greenwood started to show why he was recruited.

I thought Cloke played well.

Last edited:
Ugh, gameday thread rubbish spilling over into the autopsy thread.

Cue in rack for the year, players got no reason to turn it up, whereas Richmond still do (still shooting for top 4). Only surprising thing was our inaccuracy, which killed us--and then Tiges put the skis on...

Every team has bad days. Young teams with nothing to lose have very bad days. And the club has nothing to lose now that finals are off the cards: now we want draft picks to trade for Treloar.

And on youth: it's not a function of how many years each team has, either. People posting that to defend us or criticise us are showing they aren't great at stats. What matters is where the age/experiennce is on field, and how it's spread (team of 25 YOs very different to a team of 18 and 30 YOs, though they might have the same average age/average games played. We're relying on young players in key positions (Frost, Moore) and for most of the backline, plus relying on younger kids to win a lot of the ball in the centre (including our ruck).

It's like the old "but we were youngest premiership team" whine. Yeah, yeah. Dumb stat. We were relying on several key older players, and the younger ones distorting the list were mostly role-players, with only a few stars. If Anvil, Jolly, Ball, Dids, Johnson, Davis, Maxwell, etc. had been where they youth had been located, it might have been a different story. But instead they were soon gone and we have role-players like Toovey, Goldsack, Sidebottom sticking round.

Yeah, maybe Bucks isn't a coach who can win us a premiership. But this isn't the game on which to judge that, and emotion isn't the reason to make the decision. If we'd thrashed an out-of-contention Richmond today, would that have made him a gun coach? If not, then the reverse hardly says much. Really hard to tell whether a coach "can coach" from outside. If all you'd seen of Roos was this year, you'd think he was a spud. If Bomber had been fired by the Cats in '06 (which plenty of cats fans wanted) we'd look back on him as just another failed coach. Did Clarkson become a spud in '09? If the board were a pack of hopeless unprofessional flogs like Carlton's then I might be asking about the coach, but since they know how to manage the club well enough to keep us better than solvent, I'll trust them to know better than I do what the long-term plan is and how this year fits in.

OK, that was my full dose of reasonableness for the moment, gonna go drown my sorrows ('cos even if I think it's understandable, I still ******* hate losing).

So tell me, what is our current game plan and how would you fix it?

Why don't you tell us dude? You were the one insinuating I was some kind of weirdo for wanting our defenders to you know...actually play on their men?

I feel like this has become a ritual in the past two months.

Coming on here after every loss, trying to explain why we lost, looking for positives to reassure myself (and read others doing the same thing like TheBaron).

I'm running out of explanations.

give you a tip dave we are rebuilding we are gunna win a few,lose a few,bucks is safe for a while yet be patient

I'd be bitterly disappointed if the Club was to renew his contract before next year is up and if we don't make finals.

Lots of trembling hearts or trolls around in this thread, assuring themselves that everything will be fine once Buckley is gone. It doesn't work that way. Sackings make journos feel better because it gives them a story, and it makes a few feverish supporters feel better about the world, but usually they don't achieve anything more than that.

A 90+ point thrashing is evidence of 'discontent', or evidence of the absence of a game plan. A 90+ loss is evidence of a very bad day, which happen from time to time, but which haven't actually happened much under Buckley. Not this bad. Mick coached us to three 100+ losses before he won us a premiership; I think we can let Bucks have one horror day.

I'm gutted by the way we're finishing the year, and I hate spluttering into a long off-season as much as anyone. I hate that there is little to look forward to in the short-term other than a few decent trades. I also think that the coaches need to think about a style of play which is better suited to the players who are on the ground, rather than the players they wish they had out there. But I still believe that the list is being developed, and I still think that Bucks deserves the last year of his contract. He does NOT deserve to be re-signed this year. If we don't make finals next year, then we'll have to seriously think about parting ways with one of the greatest Collingwood champions I've ever had the privilege to watch.

Final Note--I'm all in favour of free speech, but I'm becoming less tolerant of the way that people exercise that right. Anyone who calls Buckley a 'flog' on this board is not truly a Collingwood supporter, in my view, and they should unload their toxic waste somewhere else.

^^^^^

Great post ....l this x 1000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

give you a tip dave we are rebuilding we are gunna win a few,lose a few,bucks is safe for a while yet be patient

But the Lack of Effort in 2nd half should not be Tolerated

I feel like this has become a ritual in the past two months.

Coming on here after every loss, trying to explain why we lost, looking for positives to reassure myself (and read others doing the same thing like TheBaron).

I'm running out of explanations.

Look on the bright side, our youth is between 8th-12th best in the AFL

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back