Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Reality check. We are now officially a long way behind the teams contending for finals. We can now be fairly sure we have gone backwards from even 2014. Buckley as much as I love now comes under serious questioning. Going backwards 4 successive years is getting harder to justify. Unfortunately our kids are just good not great. Lots of work to be done.
Buckley is a poor selector and game day coach. He sits there frozen. Good analysis between games. Trouble is he removes himself from the basics of football and the players all have these roles with KPIs. He can't get team into his head.

The only area we've shown improvement in this year is the boys fighting out games and even that died in the arse as the season went on.
Everything else remained as woeful or worse since the great media speaker was given a free reign to wreck our list and impose his "bold" ideas.

Hopefully this disastrous chapter in our Club's history only has a year to run but I'm not holding my breath.

not a young side. Just a crap side with no functional game plan. Bucks throws in a few young guys to create an excuse. We should not tolerate 90 point losses. Should not accept honourable losses. Should not accept losses at all. Time to make some wholesale coaching changes. The purpose of playing is to win. I'm sick of a culture that makes excuses for losing. Someone needs to be held responsible. We need coaches that want to badly win. Get Ross Lyon or Paul Roos. Can't stand another disappointing year next year.
Both Lyons and Roos are excellent coaches
But let's examine Lyons, very defensive, fair enough, so far he's won as many flags as Nathan has as coach.
Paul Roos apterific but at Melbourne?
Need the cattle, if Nathan has the cattle, that's what he's building too then we'll be ok with an ounce of luck.
Took mick m 11 years with us to grab a flag.
1 team in 18 can only win 1 flag every year.

I'd be bitterly disappointed if the Club was to renew his contract before next year is up and if we don't make finals.
I have to admit im a bucks fan shpeshal ed but I think the club is heading in the right direction I think we will be top 8 next year if not I agree we need to rethink our plans

I don't think he should be in our AFL team that's for sure. No idea what Buckley's affinity is with him.

Not seeing why everyone hates Sinclair. That's coming from someone who was on your side about him. I'd argue he was probably our best in the backline today.

Lots of trembling hearts or trolls around in this thread, assuring themselves that everything will be fine once Buckley is gone. It doesn't work that way. Sackings make journos feel better because it gives them a story, and it makes a few feverish supporters feel better about the world, but usually they don't achieve anything more than that.

A 90+ point thrashing is not evidence of 'discontent', or evidence of the absence of a game plan. A 90+ loss is evidence of a very bad day, which happen from time to time, but which haven't actually happened much under Buckley. Not this bad. Mick coached us to three 100+ losses before he won us a premiership; I think we can let Bucks have one horror day.

I'm gutted by the way we're finishing the year, and I hate spluttering into a long off-season as much as anyone. I hate that there is little to look forward to in the short-term other than a few decent trades. I also think that the coaches need to think about a style of play which is better suited to the players who are on the ground, rather than the players they wish they had out there. But I still believe that the list is being developed, and I still think that Bucks deserves the last year of his contract. He does NOT deserve to be re-signed this year. If we don't make finals next year, then we'll have to seriously think about parting ways with one of the greatest Collingwood champions I've ever had the privilege to watch.

Final Note--I'm all in favour of free speech, but I'm becoming less tolerant of the way that people exercise that right. Anyone who calls Buckley a 'flog' on this board is not truly a Collingwood supporter, in my view, and they should unload their toxic waste somewhere else.
JB I love that final note and agree 100 percent.
I do disagree with you on our player development during buck's reign
We don't have any budding champions standing out week to week ( even Carlton has one in Cripps) , and as a collective list our skull deficiencies have not shown any improvement over the last three years

Any more dishonourable losses like this one,and you'd have to say that Buckley's coaching career was in the danger zone,if it isn't already.

I love your posts Baron but I think you and many others are way off the mark. Our current position is exactly where we belong. We are a very average side, we do not work hard enough, cannot hit a target and have no direction as a side. Right now we are a mile off playing finals next year.
Yes, I agree we're where we deserver to be because we haven't capitalised on opportunities. 'Carpe Diem'. Good sides 'seize the day' and we've failed to do so through poor kicking. What I'm sure of however is that we're moving forward - irrespective of ladder position. I don't agree that we're miles of finals next year although I'm not expecting top 4. In 1977 I watched a wooden spoon team in '76 leap to the top of the ladder (I'm not yet proposing a new coach). What I'm saying is that we have a reasonable talent base and premierships are built over a longer time frame.

I have to admit im a bucks fan shpeshal ed but I think the club is heading in the right direction I think we will be top 8 next year if not I agree we need to rethink our plans

As I said earlier, one of two things is happening next year. Either we're making finals or Bucks' contract won't be renewed. That's a win/win situation for most of the board. In the end, the rebuild excuse can only carry you so far.

Ultimately, these are the facts.

Bucks took over a premiership winning side. The youngest in 30 years
He was given free reign to shape the list as he saw fit and implement cultural changes he believed best for the club
In now his 4th year as coach, we have dropped further down the ladder for the 4th year straight

Literally the only thing Buckley has achieved in his 4 year tenure thus far that can be backed up statistically, is a positive win/loss record against Carlton. Which for many is also an important KPI.

Flog, potato, crap coach, guy out of his depth, whatever the words, were talking about the same guy.

We don't have any budding champions standing out week to week ( even Carlton has one in Cripps) , and as a collective list our skull deficiencies have not shown any improvement over the last three years

Thanks for your consensus on the Bucks thing.

We do have good young talent, and we have a number of players who have improved this year (JDG, Moore, Adams has improved, Crisp and Varcoe have been staunch etc.), but sadly we seem to have degenerated as the year's gone on. I'm not saying that Bucks is the messiah; I'm just saying that sacking him before his contract expires won't answer our prayers either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond took the piss and not one bloke wanted to do anything about it. Remember when king started an all in brawl when we did it to them a few years back? Adams had the perfect opportunity to show some fight in the second against cotchin, start a brawl and fluffed it. I wanted to see him, the team needed it. Instead Richmond treated us as kids.

We use to be ruthless, clinical and surgical with our kicking, ball use & accuracy.

I'm sorry, you have a right to be angry and the like, but this is revisionist history at it's best. The press gameplan we had during 2010-2011 was designed for the exact reason of masking our lack of speed and skill by both hand and foot.

The bolded bit is what has me worried. We talk about our youth but in all honesty they are not really showing much at this stage. With the exception of Moore. I think he looks like he could become something really special.
It's still early days and I guess many champions of the game had slow starts to their careers, but at this stage I am not feeling confident that enough of these young guys will become good enough for us to be a power team. I honestly can't see us making finals next year.

Buckley is a poor selector and game day coach. He sits there frozen. Good analysis between games. Trouble is he removes himself from the basics of football and the players all have these roles with KPIs. He can't get team into his head.
What ??????
He dosnt understand football?
You serious?

Yes, I agree we're where we deserver to be because we haven't capitalised on opportunities. 'Carpe Diem'. Good sides 'seize the day' and we've failed to do so through poor kicking. What I'm sure of however is that we're moving forward - irrespective of ladder position. I don't agree that we're miles of finals next year although I'm not expecting top 4. In 1977 I watched a wooden spoon team in '76 leap to the top of the ladder (I'm not yet proposing a new coach). What I'm saying is that we have a reasonable talent base and premierships are built over a longer time frame.
That was a different circumstance. A strong team crippled by a neglectful coach(sorry Weed) who responded immediately to an excellent coach

Typo, or do you mean decision-making? :confused:

Buckley's performance trajectory is nose diving with little hope of recovery, he can't see the forest for the tree's (Time and time again)

Any other team would have sacked him.

Was referring to the inability to see the damage caused by a Champion of a Club.
Blind idolisation is as bad as petty name calling.

No, I got your vibe. Comprehension isn't a problem for me. But if you think I'm living in a state of 'blind idolisation' then you might want to brush up on your own comprehension skills and read my previous posts.

Been a staunch supporter of Buckley for nearly 4 years now. A loss of this magnitude against a middle of the road tigers outfit is completely unacceptable though. Any more losses like this one in the last couple of rounds and there will be some serious fallout imo.

Must say to the Pies supporters:
First of all thanks for the pre-match banter which was lotsa fun and I felt that I made some new friends.

Secondly, this win was extremely important to the Tiges and we never went into this lightly because you guys have monstered us for years.

Thirdly, please don't take our joy at beating you guys today as being cocky. It is a mark of respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a Collingwood board. Nathan Buckley is a legend. From a moderating view there is no place anywhere on this board where it is acceptable to describe him as a "flog". Constructive criticism is fine. Anyone doing it from now can earn a holiday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies soundly defeated v RIchmond, Rd 21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back