Autopsy Pies v Bombers. Pies lose. Again. Sad face. Angry face. Acceptance face.

Remove this Banner Ad

As many know I have a good relationship with Adam and I know full to well he is injured, he is having OP flare ups and his left his has been causing him lots of discomfort. I don't think he's the one to be laming blame on he's injured and they keep playing him, it's a similar situation to luke ball at saints they're destroying his body.

Then why Play Him?

Am I being harsh? WHE has given us very little this year. I thought he was a gun with all the hype surrounding his arrival at the club? Unless I'm missing something he is a league player at best. Another battler on our list.
  • He has no impact on games,
  • He doesn't like the hard ball,
  • He can't tackle, can't remember one that has stuck.
  • Has no pace whatsoever. Conceded the mother of all tackles against the blues earlier in the year.
  • Can't take a pack mark.

Well it his list. After 6 years it not Malthouse's list. He recruited & selected all of the players who possess the very traits rhat you have just listed. He has to go & ASAP. Moreover for the resof the year just play the kids such as Wills, Kirby, Brown, Daicos, etc, etc, and see what they can offer.
What is this 'his' list rubbish?

The list is the list, the senior coach isn't the main man in terms of recruiting and list management.

But yes, Buckley should now push hard at match committee to play more of 'his' kids.

What is this 'his' list rubbish?

The list is the list, the senior coach isn't the main man in terms of recruiting and list management.

But yes, Buckley should now push hard at match committee to play more of 'his' kids.

The senior coach is the main man for list management.
He has more say than anyone else to make a final decision.

Hine and co. may make suggestions and want to go a certain way but if the coach wants a certain player or type pf player, he gets it.

This is Nathan Buckley's list.
And it hasn't worked.

It's been long enough now. It's time for him to go.

As someone unable to get a stream working from overseas, relying on the game thread was a waste of time. No one mentioned the score and few individual players were highlighted for comment, other than Maynard, Treloar, Cox and maybe somebody else or two. I still don't know the final score. Hopefully this thread will be a bit more informative.

Any chance this could have been Buckley's last game? I'd love to think so because as a club we are going nowhere other than to the bottom of the pool. If the club gives him another extension, I don't think I will even bother searching for a live stream in the same circumstances next year. I'd have more fun here going to the garbage dump near the market.and watching the kiddies sift through the filth for recyclables.
AFL.com.au and twitter.com mate... Come on

Fas, elliot, Sidebottom and langdon. The only players who could be considered in our best players, have i missed anyone? Lifeless, like they have all had enough and need a change and fresh start.

Anyone figure out whats up with the roll off and attack the ball carrier up the field by our defenders? It doesnt work when you get caught in the middle. We get caught in the middle a lot.

Crisp battled away ok

Am I being harsh? WHE has given us very little this year. I thought he was a gun with all the hype surrounding his arrival at the club? Unless I'm missing something he is a league player at best. Another battler on our list.
  • He has no impact on games,
  • He doesn't like the hard ball,
  • He can't tackle, can't remember one that has stuck.
  • Has no pace whatsoever. Conceded the mother of all tackles against the blues earlier in the year.
  • Can't take a pack mark.

Pace is probably the one thing he does have.

As many know I have a good relationship with Adam and I know full to well he is injured, he is having OP flare ups and his left his has been causing him lots of discomfort. I don't think he's the one to be laming blame on he's injured and they keep playing him, it's a similar situation to luke ball at saints they're destroying his body.

I had no idea mate. Thanks for the heads up, probably explains his kicking too.

This isint going to be a popular opinion, but Buckley is a good coach.

I like our game plan, hold possession and attack when we have a clear chance. When we play well (Geelong) this worked an absolute treat.

It's our cattle that's not good enough. Too many don't have the right skills, too many are just flat out dumb.

Now, Buckley has to go - we need something to change. It's not going to be our players, so it's the only option. But mark my words, he'll go to te Gold Coast, take over Rocket and he will have a stellar coaching career.
Well, no-one likes a stupid opinion...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

which one? Treloar or adams

Fas, elliot, Sidebottom and langdon. The only players who could be considered in our best players, have i missed anyone? Lifeless, like they have all had enough and need a change and fresh start.

Anyone figure out whats up with the roll off and attack the ball carrier up the field by our defenders? It doesnt work when you get caught in the middle. We get caught in the middle a lot.
That's about it I might squeeze Crisp in and Goldy at a pinch.

We are a Joke

That's the only way you can play it now - we just pissed ourselves laughing at the sort of rookie skills on display and went outside at half time for a kick in the park and never came back. My boy said he would rather show me his skills LOL.

I can't put my him through this shit any more - yet to see them win after 17 games over the last season and a half. Melbourne was ordinary , Hawthorn was poor and this was just pathetic. I struggle to see us bagging another win at this point.

I don't think Bucks has lost the players or anything............our skills are just mindboggling.

Coach is trying to save his job. What does he care if he ruins his better players as long as he gets his precious contract extension...
Totally agree with this and yet, with his career in the balance, Buckley decides to give Josh Thomas a couple of games. It's like he really has no f@&#ing idea.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude, but I've lived and experienced what you guys are currently going through only 12 months ago, and all I can say is, things CAN turn around fast when the senior coach stops being so pig-headed about his style of play, and embraces change. For mine, Nathan Buckley is probably almost EXACTLY where Dimma was this time last year in terms of his headspace.

I've said since about Round 3 or 4 (whenever it was that we played you), that Collingwood 2017 has a very "Richmond 2016" feel about them, in the sense that there are actually a number of positive signs at times with certain players, certain parts of matches, and certain whole matches even, but that the package as a whole, over a 22 week season, just isn't there for whatever reason, and those reasons are seemingly intangible.

The only concern to have with Buckley is that, unlike Dimma, he's never taken his OWN side to finals. He took Mick's side to a Prelim in 2012 and an Elim in 2013, but since 2014 when it's been largely his team, he hasn't been able to improve you.

HOWEVER, with that said, he's put the building blocks into place for an elite midfield, and aside from maybe an elite KPD, you have some young potential superstars in your spine, such as Moore, Grundy, etc. I honestly don't think you guys are as far away from being a Top 8 side as you think.

Richmond finished 8-14 last year, and 13th on the table, and mid-way through the year Dimma said he had the most talent he's ever had on the list, and was ridiculed and mocked for that thought. And now we're a Top 4 contender not 12 months on.

I see a potentially similar path for Collingwood if they persist with Buckley and give him another 2 years, because you guys are honestly not that bad, just lacking form and confidence. Your best football is very capable of beating some good sides, and when there's that capability there, you at least have something to work with.

Good luck for the rest of the year!

They confidence is totally shot. We'll be lucky to win any more for the year. North are about the only one I think we beat with any sort of confidence at all. And if they get back to playing like they did early in the year, even when they were losing, they'll knock us over too.

If we are going to have a bad year lets make it worth while on draft day.

The issue is Hine and Bucks have put together a pretty ordinary list from a perspective of basic fundamentals.

Too many mids, too many one paced players and far too many with suspect disposal.

Rectifying it will take 3-5 years.
Unless we pick up a Dangerfield and a Lynch we are literally another 3-5 years from finals.

Hit the draft and build a decent list the old fashioned way.

It's pretty much our only option, I can't see quality free agents putting their hands up to come to the club.

Reid was pretty good for 3 quarters fell off in the last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies v Bombers. Pies lose. Again. Sad face. Angry face. Acceptance face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back