Autopsy Pies v Bombers. Pies lose. Again. Sad face. Angry face. Acceptance face.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say it's a confidence thing and adjusting to senior level. He's a neat kick in the twos.
Yep-cause taking a kick in the clear from a mark and attempting to hit a teammate 20 metres further up the ground would shatter anyone's confidence. That's why it flew over the boundary line. Lace out in the VFL.:rolleyes:

So our changes were:

In: Reid/Shaz/Smith/Varcoe
Out: Moore/Howe/Phillips/Ramsay

Varcoe aside, every player we brought in is slow and that showed. Smith in particular was useless. He was rightfully dropped a few weeks ago, played one poor VFL game and then came back in? Woeful decision. Losing your best player for the year just before the game is never nice though.

But the problems run far deeper than that. For starters we're clearly playing an unfit Treloar. I don't trust our medical team enough to believe that they're not doing him long term damage. The pressure got to a few of the boys today you could see, Greenwood and Maynard two who showed a lack of discipline.

Our disposal and decision making today was again just shit. If you're slow and can't kick you just have no chance in the modern game. Particularly when you are so weak around the contest as we were today. De Goey probably didn't spend enough time in the middle today but even when he was in there he didn't do a lot.

Up forward Elliott and Fas tried their guts out and had a bit of reward. But we just have no idea how to deliver it forward and we don't crumb, it's so painful.

I've been pretty lenient on Buckley until recently but it's become untenable now. We desperately need a change in direction across the board. Today was breaking point.

You are joking aren't you? He was so poor it was excruciating. Langdon stuffs up and drives me mad but he wins contested ball and applies defensive pressure and takes contested marks. Shaz floats around like a butterfly calling for cheap possessions out the back or sideways and sadly he got a few today. Those stats are meaningless.
Wow, I thought it was just me.

At present Schaz hasn't really shown that he will add anything much at AFL level.

He would have had about 5 marks to the half way mark of Q1 as we just chipped the ball 15m back and forth across our HB line going nowhere.

May as well play him now, but he needs to find something that will make him stand out at AFL level.

Fasolo was predominantly against Hurley and Elliott against Baguley. Although in and out of the match both had reasonable games with Elliott in particular looking dangerous, he wouldn't have had huge numbers, but alongside this were more than a few creative knock ons in congestion.

Hurley spent about 50/50 between Reid and Fas, when he was on Faz he was often sagging over to Reid making a 2v1.

Meh. I don't really care how we fix this crap, just that we do.

As a supporter I'm happy to pay for the membership and happily cheer along. All I want is effort and legitimate optimism that we are on the improve. Right now there's very little enjoyment on offer and life is too short to fuss over why we suck as badly as we do.

So now would be a perfectly appropriate time to have the discussion then...
Not if you judge him on this year.

A couple of mares early on in the year, then solid to good followed by today's absolute stinker.
Not excusing Bruzzy one bit, especially the turnovers but Fantasia is a borderline star of the comp and Varcoe who did a number on Green should have been moved onto him after the third goal.

Last edited:
Am I being harsh? WHE has given us very little this year. I thought he was a gun with all the hype surrounding his arrival at the club? Unless I'm missing something he is a league player at best. Another battler on our list.
  • He has no impact on games,
  • He doesn't like the hard ball,
  • He can't tackle, can't remember one that has stuck.
  • Has no pace whatsoever. Conceded the mother of all tackles against the blues earlier in the year.
  • Can't take a pack mark.

He has plenty of pace just doesn't use it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh considering the bloke can hardly walk at the moment. Shouldn't even be playing.
Back in the glory days when i was playing footy i had the pleasure of dealing with osteitis pubis. It is really the weirdest injury. Some days it can feel fine and other days it is absolute torture. Sometimes you think its fine but after 10mins you realise its not. When it is flared up you lose all power in your accelleration and kicking. Even if you promise yourself you will run through the pain your legs just dont work properly. I could kick and would kick set shots from outside 50m regularly. But when this thing flared up i would struggle to kick 30m and the pain was something else. The worst part is it is an overuse injury so it doesn't get better while you use it and you lose fitness cos you can't train at intensity. The only way to get it better is rest, stretching, targeted strength exercises and in extreme circumstances surgery. I see courage every time Adam plays but surely the club has to make a call to protect him.

Back in the glory days when i was playing footy i had the pleasure of dealing with osteitis pubis. It is really the weirdest injury. Some days it can feel fine and other days it is absolute torture. Sometimes you think its fine but after 10mins you realise its not. When it is flared up you lose all power in your accelleration and kicking. Even if you promise yourself you will run through the pain your legs just dont work properly. I could kick and would kick set shots from outside 50m regularly. But when this thing flared up i would struggle to kick 30m and the pain was something else. The worst part is it is an overuse injury so it doesn't get better while you use it and you lose fitness cos you can't train at intensity. The only way to get it better is rest, stretching, targeted strength exercises and in extreme circumstances surgery. I see courage every time Adam plays but surely the club has to make a call to protect him.
Season is over, they should put him on ice now before they ruin him.

Well it his list. After 6 years it not Malthouse's list. He recruited & selected all of the players who possess the very traits rhat you have just listed. He has to go & ASAP. Moreover for the resof the year just play the kids such as Wills, Kirby, Brown, Daicos, etc, etc, and see what they can offer.

You make out that Buckley is the only person working in the football department. I think the head of recruitment (and his team)m football managers et al would have a fair amount of input into the decisions which have been made.

Buck's will carry the responsibility for the outcome but lets be fair in apportioning the blame. We owe him at least that right?

When Buckley goes, Pert, Hine and the rest should be putting up their hand and say we failed also

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just got back from a medieval festival watching jousting and drinking mead and mingling with revolting peasants. Its a 2 day festival but I wanted to go today so I wouldn't be able to watch the game and have it completely f$&kin ruin my weekend as usual. I didn't take my phone.. no updates.. get home and think.. I wonder what happened.. could be in for a Pleasant surprise I think to meself.. let's have a peak on the old internet's...

:huh::eek::oops:
:(:(:(:(
:mad::mad::mad::huh:

Turns out it was great planning.

I'm jealous , that sounded like so much fun.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This isint going to be a popular opinion, but Buckley is a good coach.

I like our game plan, hold possession and attack when we have a clear chance. When we play well (Geelong) this worked an absolute treat.

It's our cattle that's not good enough. Too many don't have the right skills, too many are just flat out dumb.

Now, Buckley has to go - we need something to change. It's not going to be our players, so it's the only option. But mark my words, he'll go to te Gold Coast, take over Rocket and he will have a stellar coaching career.

I hope so for his sake. I'd hate for him to not have a premiership to show for his career. He's done as Pies coach but we need to make far more changes than simply head coach. Our list management has been woeful and weekly selection is sometimes perplexing. I hope we sort it all out PRONTO. I'm over losing!

Agreed. Langdon today? Your summation?
Had some howlers early but took a couple of good contested grabs. I thought both he and Scharenberg were ok without being spectacular, Langdon the better of the two (which he should be given their respective senior experience). It was probably his best game to date this year, I just wish when he stuffs up he didn't do it so spectacularly

This is the match that has forced me to realise finally that Bucks isn't the man to take us to the promised land. Time to start looking for a new coach, to send the players into surgery if needed, and start playing the kids. So we're ready to launch into the preseason in November and give our new coach the best chance of making finals in 2018.

As a person who has believed in Bucks all his coaching career this is a hard thing for me to accept, but we've had the same problems for years, a change in direction is what is required.

Now we'll have to wait for that review the club is currently undertaking. But if Gold Coast moves on Rocket then we need to move on Bucks. Can't let them have a head start hunting for a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies v Bombers. Pies lose. Again. Sad face. Angry face. Acceptance face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back