Autopsy Pies v Bombers. Pies lose. Again. Sad face. Angry face. Acceptance face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from a medieval festival watching jousting and drinking mead and mingling with revolting peasants. Its a 2 day festival but I wanted to go today so I wouldn't be able to watch the game and have it completely f$&kin ruin my weekend as usual. I didn't take my phone.. no updates.. get home and think.. I wonder what happened.. could be in for a Pleasant surprise I think to meself.. let's have a peak on the old internet's...

:huh::eek::oops:
:(:(:(:(
:mad::mad::mad::huh:

Turns out it was great planning.

LOL!

Well, if all else fails you really have just gotta laugh - another weekend lookin' a bit like your avatar eh?:( I (and daughter) know what it feels like - so many weekends ruined as Carlton supporters! Wife is a Collingwood member along with my son - she brainwashed him with a membership, but both she and he have seriously lost interest in footy now big time - he still sometimes asks me why did Daisy (his absolute favourite as a youngster) leave?:( Wife gets out and about on the weekend nowadays and doesn't bother with Collingwood at all - said she doesn't like being "depressed" all the time! :eek:

I reckon wins for both Collingwood and Carlton will bring happier weekends for so many Collingwood and Carlton fans! We live in hope!:D

Had some howlers early but took a couple of good contested grabs. I thought both he and Scharenberg were ok without being spectacular, Langdon the better of the two (which he should be given their respective senior experience). It was probably his best game to date this year, I just wish when he stuffs up he didn't do it so spectacularly

Langdon had one error, and it was a howler, when he took too long to kick and kicked a grubber down the line. Mind you, in his defence, there was no long target that moved to give him an out down the line.

I still think Scharenbergs top end is severely limited by his physical capabilities. Guys like Daniher and Stewart look much more agile and nimble than he does. He defintely stays in now to give him a run at it, but id be staggered if there wasnt a linch mob around here after him by around round 20.

The senior coach is the main man for list management.
He has more say than anyone else to make a final decision.

Hine and co. may make suggestions and want to go a certain way but if the coach wants a certain player or type pf player, he gets it.

This is Nathan Buckley's list.
And it hasn't worked.

It's been long enough now. It's time for him to go.

I know this suits your narrative and makes for good reading, but is simply not true. Lots of moving parts in a footy club.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know this suits your narrative and makes for good reading, but is simply not true. Lots of moving parts in a footy club.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed there are lots of moving parts but if you think the coach doesn't have the largest say in types of players or certain players he wants then you're in denial.

Sometimes correct spelling, grammar and punctuation just doesn't have the same impact.

images

Couldn't give a shit to be honest.... I want #1
Have some pride man! We have less spoons than any other club.. it's one of the few decent records we have going for us. The record of #1's being better than picks 2,3,4 or 5 is probably pretty dubious I'd say (someone do some research on this for me yeah ta)

Langdon had one error, and it was a howler, when he took too long to kick and kicked a grubber down the line. Mind you, in his defence, there was no long target that moved to give him an out down the line.

I still think Scharenbergs top end is severely limited by his physical capabilities. Guys like Daniher and Stewart look much more agile and nimble than he does. He defintely stays in now to give him a run at it, but id be staggered if there wasnt a linch mob around here after him by around round 20.

Did you go to the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have it arse about.

Derek Hine's title is General Manager of List Management....that might give you a bit of a hint as to who is in charge of list management at Collingwood.

If you think he has the final say without the coach's approval then you need to re think your hint.

He may assemble and present all the data but if it's his opinion vs the coach- the coach will always have the final say.

Only one man's voice rules above all in regards to football matters on field.

Have some pride man! We have less spoons than any other club.. it's one of the few decent records we have going for us. The record of #1's being better than picks 2,3,4 or 5 is probably pretty dubious I'd say (someone do some research on this for me yeah ta)

My carefactor about this club is officially 0.Would never turncoat to another team but I am happy to choose a different sport altogether. That's how much I don't care.

As many know I have a good relationship with Adam and I know full to well he is injured, he is having OP flare ups and his left his has been causing him lots of discomfort. I don't think he's the one to be laming blame on he's injured and they keep playing him, it's a similar situation to luke ball at saints they're destroying his body.

Then he needs to tell them he can't play. Season is done anyways.

The senior coach is the main man for list management.
He has more say than anyone else to make a final decision.

Hine and co. may make suggestions and want to go a certain way but if the coach wants a certain player or type pf player, he gets it.

This is Nathan Buckley's list.
And it hasn't worked.

It's been long enough now. It's time for him to go.

Coach tends to say, "I need X type of player" and recruiters choose the ones they think are best. So, he says, "Get me a running defender" and they go and get Ramsay. Whose fault is that?

If you think he has the final say without the coach's approval then you need to re think your hint.

He may assemble and present all the data but if it's his opinion vs the coach- the coach will always have the final say.

Only one man's voice rules above all in regards to football matters on field.
List management isn't an 'on-field' matter.

The coaches, headed by Buckley at list management meetings outline their philosophy and what kind of players they want.

It is Dekka and Rendell that determine if Daicos is worth taking, to pick Berg and Freeman, that Moore was worth a top 10 pick and to select DeGoey over Wright.

The coach can flag we are lacking in outside class, the list management team can then identify potential targets be it mature guys like WHE or Wells or too go a kid.

Buckley and his team of coaches than try to get the best out of the list.

It really isn't that hard, the respective job titles are hard to confuse.

It seems your Buckley is responsible for all of Collingwood's problems now has you not even understanding what a general manager of list management is actually employed to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies v Bombers. Pies lose. Again. Sad face. Angry face. Acceptance face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back