Autopsy Pies win one for the ages!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no shame in putting my hand up and saying that I seriously couldn’t see how we could manage a win last night. Poor form, in Perth against a form side that we couldn’t even beat at our absolute best.

In my defence, I wasn’t expecting about 5 guys who couldn’t get within cooee if the ball in the last 3 weeks to break the shackles and play game defining roles! lol

There’s no hiding that the last 3 weeks had been poor. We’d been outhunted, outworked and bullied. Last night we played with dare and a toughness that’s been lacking. That was the most pleasing part. In reality we could’ve buried them, but the 1 point margin really does add to theatre of the fight back :)

Super proud of the effort, really sends a message to everyone that our best is still good enough. The whole media beat down about things being tense internally about the Stephenson thing can gtfo (the discussion about form was justified), and now we move onto the next one and try and consolidate ourselves again.

The weekend is always better when your footy team wins on a Friday, enjoy it fam!

How ******* good is waking up the morning after a win like that?
:) I know right! When I drifted out of sleep this morning, my first thoughts were about what i needed to do in the morning, where I had to go later … and then I remembered last night's win and broke into a HUGE grin. Great feeling.

Well it is the morning after. Before the game I thought we were going to get stomped. Did not see how we could have won.
At the end of the first quarter I was thinking, that was fun, but we WC still look stronger. Same at the end of the second. At the end of the third I was thinking, hold on, this is interesting. Going to be toughbut you never know.

Fingers crossed for Moore, we need a bit of luck.

I'll stay away from the poor performers, and instead focus on the positives.

We just out worked them. It was amazing. De Goey was great in the middle. He makes such a difference.

Mihocek was best on ground in my opinion.

Was that Aish's best game for the club? Would be close.

Greenwood and Maynard were great. Pendles is having such a massive year at the moment. Thought Grundy did a good job against Nic Nat.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

These commentators I hope have a miserable gut wrenching weekend where they are made to watch the replay on a loop “A Clockwork Orange” style.

Cameron effing Ling

and

Jonathan brain damage Brown
And Carey with his obsession with “angles” in the last quarter!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See what a difference having a smaller backline makes?

It promotes our best style of football. We actually moved the ball out of defence and through the middle! Result? Inside 50s!

Just watched the replay and our last quarter was epic. Fantastic efforts by all, but especially JDG, Pendles and Crisp.

WHE off the HBF. He's highly skilled, fast, has an amazing leap and is an accurate kick. In other words, hard to beat one on one and could really add run out of the backline.

But perhaps the most important thing is that this positional change would make him accountable (worked for Leon).

Could be the move of the year. FWIW I think they should persist.

Great win by the Pies last night. A great contest all night and a stunning fight back.

But about the commentary on 7... is it just me, or has BT lost the plot?
BT is a tool. Rarely says something good about Collingwood. Maybe because we snub his stupid antics as Roaming Brian

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pies win one for the ages!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back