Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

The longer players are out eg Reid and Parker the better they come. For a star Parker is one of the worst kicks of all time . People forget last year v Freo he kicked it to them and set up a few goals .

Reid has kicked plenty worse than Logans shot etc

Reid has missed from the goal square

1. Freo were very accurate
2. Having Cleary as the sub was a mistake
3. Umpiring was dreadful
4. Melican was outstanding
5. McLean, JMac, Hayward and Lizard our best
6. We were outcoached today
7. We were off, but we have been trending towards a result like this if we are honest about our form
8. We needed to move Heeney or Warner forward to break the tags
9. Might be the loss we needed to bring back the reality of where things are at
10. Rampe looked cooked at times.

Once again, the worry is our inability to cope with opposition pressure.

Our first quarters are constantly poor, due to opposition pressure.

Can we cope with the pressure in a GF?

It’s a worry.

Remember we generate a LARGE majority of our scores from turnovers playing a half of football with a pressure rating of 150 = we wont get to a GF to worry about it :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair bit of disrespect for Freo in this thread which is surprising as they are putting together a solid season and are now one of the very few teams to have defeated us the last 2 times at the SCG. They are every chance to be our qualifying final opponents at the end of season and would definitely go in with some confidence.

Postive signs for Sydney to fight out the game when we weren’t at our best and hopefully it’s a timely reminder of what is required every week as we turn towards the back end of the season.

On to the Saints next week at Docklands!

Warner once again took a run in that last minute, dodging & then missed any of our out of position players.

He really needs to pick his moments.
I'll say it again.
He thinks he is Dusty.
He is far from it otherwise he would have won us that game.
At his best he kicks 3 goals.
At his worst he scores a point.
Today a point would have drawn the game.

Dusty always hit the scoreboard.
I do and don't agree with this Ted.

I've never quite understood the Warner hype, because to me he's as much a "role player" as anyone. I don't actually think he's this supremely gifted player, like a Heeney or a Gulden.

I don't think he's a reliable field kick. I don't think he's a reliable decision-maker. I don't think he's reliable with his composure. I don't think he's reliable with his defensive and accountable efforts.

I think like everyone else in our team - besides Heeney & Gulden, who are true freaks IMO - he has a few things he is great at, and in the right team and game plan, he can shine with them if he sticks to that role.

It's why I think he is both overrated yet unfairly blamed on the few occasions he doesn't deliver in his role.

The longer players are out eg Reid and Parker the better they come. For a star Parker is one of the worst kicks of all time . People forget last year v Freo he kicked it to them and set up a few goals .

Reid has kicked plenty worse than Logans shot etc
You really need to check the numbers on Parker's efficiency against other mids instead of continually regurgitating this.

And he's a solid a kick for goal.

Adams has come in and done a good job for us, no question, but it's silly to say the only reason some would prefer Parker is nostalgia. There's a reason Adams isn't still at the Pies.

I wouldn’t have said Campbell was one of our better players but he did definitely deliver one very big tackle in the last.

I didn't give him votes but in a game where workrate was questionable Campbell, Adams etc did their role in that regard. They just seem to be first out for some. Just my opinion of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back