Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

No excuse for lack of pressure today. That’s just a mindset and we are two games off a bye.
Good news is we are 2 games clear and getting a wake up call at this stage of the season I believe will be a blessing.

Really was the pressure and workrate that annoyed me in the first half.

Not up to scratch and a heap of players "just expecting it to happen"

There’s a bit of over-the-top criticism.

But asking if he holds his spot when Mills returns is a fair question.

As is whether he’s offering more than Parker would.

Each to their own, but he is safe at the moment.

If they dropped poor players today then we are looking at favourites like Chad, not whipping boys imo

I don’t blame him for missing, but he had to make sure to get a behind at least. He’s our key forward. That was a pathetic kick. He deserves to be blamed for it.
No you're wrong.
Watch the whole game.
Plenty blame to share around the whole club.
This wasn't lost today.
This has been brewing. It hap[pens when teams think they are that good.
We just are not that good.
Dogs showed us but their bad kicking saved us that day.
Others will show us along the way to finals as well.

Best time to have a regroup as a club right now.
You can't blame one of 22 blokes today.

The big 3 not firing is why we lost. Good to see the rest of the team carry and challenge late. How they respond will be key.

100% and they were all due a down game, just happened the same day unfortunately.

Guldens worst game since the 22 granny

The reactionary posts in this thread are really ordinary. We are a team that can afford to lose a game or two and after the last month, probably needed a slap in the face to reset, regroup and recapture some motivation.

We were walking the line of being far too casual the last month. Showing up for a couple of quarters, letting teams get ahead of us and then getting on the hunt, which helped us to see off most teams. Today we didn't even have two quarters in us and fell short as we deserved. Fair play to Freo - they wanted it more than us and won. It's also created some disruption in the top 4 which is not necessarily a bad thing.

What's more important is how the Swans respond in the next month with games against Brisbane at the Gabba upcoming and the Dogs also showing form. Let's hope this loss stings in the right way, and paves the way for better performance. They will need to be better than their exposed form this year to really excel in September.

On Logan he absolutely should have scored something, but he's also a young man who succumbed to pressure. As others have said for both him and his teammates a useful point of reflection on how they would have treated that moment differently if it happened again. And it could absolutely happen again in a game where there result may actually mean something.

All of us remain a little (a lot) traumatised by 2014, 2016 and 2022 but this team is different. We as supporters need to let them write their own story, instead feeling like we've read the script before...

Grundy gave us nothing today.

But it was our defending that really killed us. We let them score far too heavily. Our midfield was poor for most of the game, but there was little resistance on the last line, particularly in the 1st and 3rd quarters. They were taking marks inside the 50 at will. Melican tried hard, but Rampe and McCartin were terrible when it really counted. Lloyd and Cunningham weren’t great either. Blakey was good in the second half, but looked oddly sluggish in the first.

Today was Fremantles premiership, they will make a documentary about it and their fans will be out on the town celebrating
You must have a pretty good team if the Oppo celebrates a win against you like they’ve won a final

The amount of times he burned team mates in the middle and tried doing it himself was infuriating. It was as if he was trying to show off the to club that wants him.
I don’t know if he was putting on a dress rehearsal for them or not because he plays pretty much the same most weeks and they didn’t relent on the pressure especially front on but you are right about the fact he would not give first option when it was there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our poor players were our stars.
Yep. I'm assuming all three of Heeney, Gulden and Warner were tagged out of the game.

I guess that's the blueprint for beating us.

I don't care what the final free kick count was, Fremantle got away with murder at times today. That down field free kick against Taylor Adams. I mean how many free kicks for them led directly to goals? Ridiculous.

Credit to the Chad-snatchers for outplaying is. They were not making mistakes and played at Richmond levels.

Hope we learned something from this game.

Some of the comments around Taylor are complete rubbish, he is in the packs getting the ball out, pretty standard efficiency. The missed goal aside he was good today
Well I thought he was our best pure mid today.

Not sure why he Adams should get blamed for that performance.

Some of Warners efforts were cringe for a start.

Well I thought he was our best pure mid today.

Not sure why he Adams should get blamed for that performance.

Some of Warners efforts were cringe for a start.

Because he isn't a Swan fan favourite.

Warner once again took a run in that last minute, dodging & then missed any of our out of position players.

He really needs to pick his moments.
I'll say it again.
He thinks he is Dusty.
He is far from it otherwise he would have won us that game.
At his best he kicks 3 goals.
At his worst he scores a point.
Today a point would have drawn the game.

Dusty always hit the scoreboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back