Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Skimming through the highlights it may be as simple as the fact that Grundy arguably got beaten for the first time this year.

No coincidence the midfield struggled

Also Grundy, Heeney, Hayward and of course Cunningham getting knocks/injuries is frustrating.

But with Grundy not dominating we noticed the difference. He had his hands full and their rucks looked fired up.
It's probably been the one underlying concern.

Our midfield group have been awesome this year and it's not worth panicking on the one day basically all of them put in their worst shift for the year, but they need to learn to be the same midfield they usually are, with or without Grundy's dominance.

Say Grundy gets injured before finals and is out for the season. The wheels of one of the most dominant campaigns in recent years cannot come off because of one player. It just can't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn’t just miss. It was an atrocious kick. Needlessly rushed, needlessly close to the mark, hopelessly short. No composure at all. It was really bad.
I am not blaming him for the loss one bit but I can tell you one thing, if he is indeed the footballer some people think he is or will be after that kick you are dead set kidding yourself. Horrendous from such a talent. 🙄

I was going to say, he's flushed kicks from inside the square at the SCG, and a few others from well outside 50 at other grouns, but as soon as I saw him chatting to the umpire instead of just going back through his routine I got worried.
Yeah never looked like he was going to kick it

Apart from the goal what did he do? Kick it to Fremantle the whole first quarter?
He had a crack.

Won more hard balls than Lloyd, Gulden, McInerney, Amartey, Melican, Wicks, Florent, Cleary, Hayward, Jordon, McCartin, McDonald, Rampe and Cunningham is what he did do.

Don't blame Logan for that miss.
14 others missed easier shots.

A few players can now be dropped for those waiting in the wings.
For starters, get Fox & Roberts back in.
Adams can start feeling Parker breathing down his neck.
This won't hurt us at all.

Exactly what we needed.
Adams not in our best 22; I've honestly not seen anything this year to make me rate him. Get Parker back in ASAP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back