List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Steiny was 2010, the Jenkins trade was 2011 trade week.

Don't think there's anything we could have done really, short of cutting someone under contract to make room for him on the senior list, it's just one of those things

Steiny was 2010, the Jenkins trade was 2011 trade week.

Don't think there's anything we could have done really, short of cutting someone under contract to make room for him on the senior list, it's just one of those things

Too true, I know retrospective drafting is pointless but looking back I'dve taken Howe over Steinberg.

Regardless of his potential, I don't think he'd be getting a game over or alongside Ryder and Bellchambers.

Probably not, but to say he isn't much chop is fairly wide of the mark IMO

Hearing talk that Collingwood are interested in getting Conlon with their pick 65, "Operation get Conlon to Essendon with Pick 55" must start now! Do not want someone with that talent going to Collingwood!

Not sure on the accuracy of Paige Cardona's writing but Cameron Conlon seems to have some serious attributes and may be a risk worth taking despite his knee injury:

http://www.scpaige.com.au/draftees-in-focus-cameron-conlon/

Shocking mop though.

Its a tough call. I"m sorely tempted for us to go Marsh with 26 and Conlon with 55. But it seems another option for us is Lobb with 26 an Reynolds with 55. Of the two I'd probably go the 1st one as a more mature ruck such as Sikora or Brown seems to be set as one of our rookie draft picks.

Not sure on the accuracy of Paige Cardona's writing but Cameron Conlon seems to have some serious attributes and may be a risk worth taking despite his knee injury:

http://www.scpaige.com.au/draftees-in-focus-cameron-conlon/

Shocking mop though.

Problem with Conlon is he hasn't played any sort of footy in 18 months. At the start of the year people including Knightmare on here and Twomey in the media had him top 10 if not top 5-6.

Incredibly talented in the air, and very athletic, but the risk is always there with kids that havent played all year. We have to look closely IMO at 55, and he's a no brainer if he have the option in the rookie draft

Problem with Conlon is he hasn't played any sort of footy in 18 months. At the start of the year people including Knightmare on here and Twomey in the media had him top 10 if not top 5-6.

Incredibly talented in the air, and very athletic, but the risk is always there with kids that havent played all year. We have to look closely IMO at 55, and he's a no brainer if he have the option in the rookie draft

I see two options for us which solve both the tall mid/3rd tall forward and the ruck/KPF problems:
Option 1: Pick 26 - J. Marsh, Pick 55 - T. Nankervis/C. Conlon.
Option 2: Pick 26 - R. Lobb, Pick 55 - L. Reynolds.
If either of those options come to fruition and we manage to pick up Conlon via the rookie draft (In terms of option 2 if he's available) I'd be pretty stoked as that's some gaping holes in the list filled with serious talent.

Paige is one of those parasites who spends hours pestering people who know things, then passes it off as her own work.

So just like Damian Barrett, Caro, Jon Ralph and Stevo?

Paige is one of those parasites who spends hours pestering people who know things, then passes it off as her own work.
You seen her latest phantom draft? She only had us taking mids, and when I pointed out how our forwardline and ruck division are the real weak points on our list in terms of depth, it didn't take. Although her latest draft rumours article, has us linked to Lobb, Apeness, Conlon, Marsh and Reynolds (so I think she's kinda proven me right).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Conlon is worth the risk at 55, considering most players chosen in that range fail to make the grade. He could spend the next two years in the rehab room, but it's worth taking the chance. This draft is full of such quandries: Garlett, Marsh, Conlon et al.

the comparison i had from memory was Gary Rohan without the footy brain, so similar tracks.

A stack to work with, and we could really mold him how we see fit, be it midfield, wing, hb, small/tall forward. Wouldn't be that disappointed with Marsh.

*depending on who we pass of course, I have my favourites

That's not a good sign considering I wouldn't describe Rohan as having anything other than an average/below par footy brain.

That's not a good sign considering I wouldn't describe Rohan as having anything other than an average/below par footy brain.

That's pretty Harsh and a kid that snapped his leg, I mean your first 2 years is about learning the game unless your a Chris Judd/Joel Selwood, which is pretty rare. Then last season he showed some promise, but that year is write off while he rehabilitates from the broken leg.

Jobe Watson has a pretty good footy brain but how many years did it take for him to mature?

Harsh call IMO.

That's pretty Harsh and a kid that snapped his leg, I mean your first 2 years is about learning the game unless your a Chris Judd/Joel Selwood, which is pretty rare. Then last season he showed some promise, but that year is write off while he rehabilitates from the broken leg.

Jobe Watson has a pretty good footy brain but how many years did it take for him to mature?

Harsh call IMO.

Nah he didn't really find the ball in juniors either. He's always been an impact player who struggles for consistency. I'm not saying it won't improve but knowing where to run to find the ball has never been a strong part of his game at any level imo.

Sounds like Conlon is worth the risk at 55, considering most players chosen in that range fail to make the grade. He could spend the next two years in the rehab room, but it's worth taking the chance. This draft is full of such quandries: Garlett, Marsh, Conlon et al.

We need a Gumbletron replacement, he could be just the guy :thumbsu:

All this talk about taking risks, I don't get it.
Wouldn't we want to be taking safe, long term options?
Merrett, Templeton, Karpany or JKH in that order for 26th would be my preferences, unless there's a freak slide (see Jack Darling pick 26).
A forward should be taken at 55, more of an athletic one, not a big lumbering thing IMO, we can take a project ruckman in the draft, if one of Ryder or Daniher goes down long term, then promote.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back