Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Averaged 82 in his last 11 matches. Not what I want from such an expensive player.
Try 91.64 from rounds 12-22. Unless you mean rounds 13-22 and Adelaide's only final? Then he averaged 84.09.

What about this then? Over rounds 1-12 he averaged 110.08. Wouldn't that make more of a case of picking him early rather than upgrading to him later in the year??

You'd hope that people would research any player they pick, rather than taking notice of one posters comment which are clearly made out of context (and not 100% correct)

Try 91.64 from rounds 12-22. Unless you mean rounds 13-22 and Adelaide's only final? Then he averaged 84.09.

He scored 908 points in his last 11 matches. 908/11 = 82.5.

What about this then? Over rounds 1-12 he averaged 110.08. Wouldn't that make more of a case of picking him early rather than upgrading to him later in the year??

I know, he was my captain for all 12 of those weeks :D. From averaging 110 to 82 is a sharp dip though, if anyone is going to consider him as an option I'd hope they've considered why that drop occurred.

Douglas + Cornes + Beams/Swift on the bench

or

Porplyzia/Fev + Myers + Rich on the bench

You'd hope that people would research any player they pick, rather than taking notice of one posters comment which are clearly made out of context (and not 100% correct)

Crows were something like 8-3 after 11 rounds. When the Crows are winning, Thompson is almost always scoring well.

This year the Crows have a much harder draw than last year so I'd advise staying away from Thompson.

Hey guys,

This could be really crucial to selecting my team. Here goes:

S. Lucas - worried about he'll be able to recapture his high DT'ing form
S. Hill (freo) - how many games will he play? how good will he be?
L. Montagna

OR

C. Masten - will he be able to earn himself keeper status?
T. Collier - similar issues to hill
T. Tuck - will he play the first third of the season?

ALL HELP APPRECIATED

thanks.

Hey guys,

This could be really crucial to selecting my team. Here goes:

S. Lucas - worried about he'll be able to recapture his high DT'ing form
S. Hill (freo) - how many games will he play? how good will he be?
L. Montagna

OR

C. Masten - will he be able to earn himself keeper status?
T. Collier - similar issues to hill
T. Tuck - will he play the first third of the season?

ALL HELP APPRECIATED

thanks.
Ummm easily the 2nd option.

Ummm easily the 2nd option.
That's interesting because I'm leaning heavily towards the first option. I suppose it really breaks down to Tuck & Masten vs Montagna & Lucas. Montagna avg about 95 two years ago so he has a fairly high ceiling and Lucas is a best 22 player (the same can't necessarily be said for Tuck).

Can you let me know why you think it's such an easy decision?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been tossing up between these to for a while and can afford either Brent Harvey or Daniel Gia. Who do you think is the smarter option, I'm leaning on Boomer as I know what he can do. Yet I also know what Gia can produce. So who do you think is the smarter option??

Cheers, :thumbsu::):thumbsu::)

I have been tossing up between these to for a while and can afford either Brent Harvey or Daniel Gia. Who do you think is the smarter option, I'm leaning on Boomer as I know what he can do. Yet I also know what Gia can produce. So who do you think is the smarter option??

Cheers, :thumbsu::):thumbsu::)

It's hard to split these two IMO, i think over the course of the year both players will average something very similar and their prices for this year obviously reflect that..

There was a thread earlier this year documenting how Harvey has a slowish start to the year which could be a deciding factor in your decision as he is a little more likely to become cheaper earlier in the year thus making a good upgrade option once you start using your trades

ZIEBELL OR HENTSCHEL big debate

in my opinion i think hentschel is better as he is more guaranteed to play first 11 games and can bag a couple of cheeky 5 goal games and should play more game time and his coach isnt dean laidley and adelaide have a great medical team so he should be taken care of after 2 years

What do people think of these players for the 7th back? Looking to get a 2nd player under $190k - already got Raines.

Collier v Grimes v Hill

Also, interested on people's thoughts on Swan v Kornes.

I think Kornes is a little underpriced, but then it's hard to go past Swan. Both durable, but who's got the more potential?

Gilbee + Grimes

Vs

S.Fisher + Hill

I think fisher and hill have more potential but gilbee and grimes might be the safer option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back