Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lucas v skipworth v krakouer

all have some advantages and disadvantages and i dont know which way to go

lucas is a proven dter and can score big but injury and his age are a worry

skipworth has played some really good nab cup games but he might not be able to keep it up and some ppl have said he is not a certainty in the bombers side (why would knights pick up a mature age in the draft if he is not going to play him)

krakouer is looking to play different role this year and looks to be picking up more possessions but aftedr 14 games is still only 184k which might say something of his scoring ability and played so well last week but still only 60

can someone give some help on which way to go?

Grimes + Tuck + 38k - Both players have potential to score well and increase in price. Grimes apparently was a ball magnet from everything i could find in the juniors and Tuck should get plenty of the ball and play every game at least until round 6 when Hawks players come back from injury when he may get dropped down to the bench but still play. Overall, quite risky.

VS

Gram + Rich + 29k - Gram has been quite consistent the past 3 years (78, 73.7, 77.1) but his scope for significant improvement in DT scores (looking for 10-15ppg increase) is somewhat limited in my opinion with Goddard moving into midfield and St Kilda's young KP backmen (besides Hudghton). Rich is quite popular here but im beginning to doubt how good he will be this year. I doubt that he will be the Palmer of '09

Any thoughts?

marc murphy has room for improvement as he is probably gonna be third in line for a tag behind judd and gibbs but may also lose out with more mid rotations for the blues this year and i agree about myers.

Any one got thoughts on
t,tuck +$42k - should rise sharply if he continues his preseaon form and gets a game allowing for an upgrade
vs
jackson,d - who i have been impressed with in pre season also one i think could have sharp price rise and is almost certain to be there round

Option 1, although i'm not such a big fan of Fraser.

Cheers, but im taking you are a fan of Gibbs.

Joshy avg 95 in 2006, the last time he played a full season and with a solid pre-season I can see him avg mid 80s-90, which makes him more valuable than Hille.

What do you think Gibbs will avg this year? I have this feeling Boyd will avg near 100, hes a super player that will never get attention bc of his role.

Either way ill be upgrading Swallow or Reilly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers, but im taking you are a fan of Gibbs.

Joshy avg 95 in 2006, the last time he played a full season and with a solid pre-season I can see him avg mid 80s-90, which makes him more valuable than Hille.

What do you think Gibbs will avg this year? I have this feeling Boyd will avg near 100, hes a super player that will never get attention bc of his role.

Either way ill be upgrading Swallow or Reilly.

Fair enough, it sounds as though you're quite confident in him and done some substantial research, so back your judgment. :thumbsu:

Ottens, who is a little cheaper than Fraser, is one i was considering early on and believe he'll be of some value if he can stay fit. The fact he hasn't been able to play 22 games in the past has made me shy away from him, although he'd be a chance of becoming the 2nd best ruck behind Cox this year if he can indeed stay on the park.

Gibbs is one of a few players that i am extremely confident in becoming one of the elite DTer's this season. You only have to check his last 10 or so games of last season to see how much he has improved and will score around for most of this year. He'll play most of his time in a free roaming role in the midfield this year as opposed to the tagging roles he had to adopt for most of last year. Additionally, Judd will be the first choice for opposition taggers. Overall i can see him averaging between 90-100.

Boak v Pendlebury

Boak is a bit cheaper, but the Power have a few more midfield options so he might not get any more TOG.

Pendlebury - will he increase his average at all?

I'm thinking Boak is more likely to go backwards of the two, but is also more likely to hit 90-95 ppg

which two of the following would be the best?

chapman didak pavlich

atm i have chappy and pav but considering subsititng one for didak? chappy should get midfield time and pav is mr.consistant but theres somehting that makes me want didak?

just wanting some opinions. thankyou in advance.

which two of the following would be the best?

chapman didak pavlich

atm i have chappy and pav but considering subsititng one for didak? chappy should get midfield time and pav is mr.consistant but theres somehting that makes me want didak?

just wanting some opinions. thankyou in advance.

Swap out Chappy for Didak. Chappy's hammy problems are a concern as they were last season.

Thinking about changing my ruck combination ... I'll wait til the end of this weeks games before making a final decision, but would like youre thoughts.

Troy Simmonds and Brad Ottens

or

David Hille and Daniel Gilmore (assuming he remains fit) + 18K

Thinking about changing my ruck combination ... I'll wait til the end of this weeks games before making a final decision, but would like youre thoughts.

Troy Simmonds and Brad Ottens

or

David Hille and Daniel Gilmore (assuming he remains fit) + 18K

Simmonds and ottens.

Didnt know where to put this, so figured i'd chuck it in th biggest active thread atm.

First round teams, what will we know? obviously thursday and fridays teams 22's. but for saturday will we know the 22's or 25's? and sunday im assuming squad of 25 at best?

cheers. hope it doesnt take thread off course too much, just wanted to confirm

Im now really considering both T.Tuck and Pendlybury in my team. I believe Penlybury is ready to take another step up from an 87 avg to a 92-95 avg making him a 5 or 6th mid keeper. Im picking him because Collingwood are increasing their disposal game and i feel he has enough other quality players like Swan, Didak, Thoma, Davis who will keep the tag off him enough during the year. Its however important to see where Penlebury is going to improve him numbers to allow him an avg of 92-95. I see that 5-8 point increase coming from an extra 3 disposals a week.

T.Tuck is now being considered because i here that many top 22 hawks will not be right for round 1. Ladson, Lewis, Ellis, Croad, Gilham and im thinking Birchall will struggle to be right in 20 days time. Also with retirment of Crawf their could be 7 players missing from their grand final side and i have no doubt about T.Tucks scoring potential. But the question is will he be pushed out once these players return ?? Hopefully he can last 6-8 games.

im pretty happy with my team atm just one combo that is playing on my mind.

Gibbs V Pendlebury

and dont say get both cos i only need one in my team.

atm im leaning towards gibbs as i think theres a chance pendles will get the tag and im not sure how he will deal with that.

Gibbs has shwon more promise than Pendlebury.
Hes also cheaper.

They are both good choices IMO but I would definately look at Gibbs first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back