Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure but he has had quad issues before that has kept him out for a lot of games

Raines v Yarran/Sidebottom v N Krakouer

Raines is in a different position but i understand what you are doing. I believe Raines is the safest option.

Sam Fisher vs Brendan Goddard?

Both have potential to rack up huge scores this year.

I have both, but I would pick Goddard ahead because he has a huge body which helps him in the midfield. Gets a lot of the ball in the midfield and it was proven last year. He also will kick goals and get cheap kicks.

Adcock or Malceski+cash?

Malceski is probablly the better option. I don't see why much will change for Adcock this year. Macleski is fit and may be back to his 2007 form.

j.selwood + s.tuck

vs

Bartel + Maten

Oh, and i already have Ablett

Then Selwood, Tuck. If you already have Ablett than you don't really need Bartel as a captaincy option, and the first option gives you two keepers which have the potential to elevate to premium level. Masten is a much riskier proposition.

I dont know if Tuck is a potential premium. He will be lucky to average 80, which is what Masten will be shooting for too. Plus Masten' spot in the 22 is secure, Tuck could lose his at any stage.

That said I would go Bartel. If you already have Ablett, it makes your side too top heavy. Coud you get a Swan/Kornes type + Masten and use the spare cash to upgrade someone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know if Tuck is a potential premium. He will be lucky to average 80, which is what Masten will be shooting for too. Plus Masten' spot in the 22 is secure, Tuck could lose his at any stage.

That said I would go Bartel. If you already have Ablett, it makes your side too top heavy. Coud you get a Swan/Kornes type + Masten and use the spare cash to upgrade someone else?

Just to clarify, it is Tuck from Richmond not from Hawthorn.

One more question from me:

Malceski + Krakeour

or

Lockyer + Ziebell

Haha whoops. Teach me to only skim read. :D

In that case, go Selwood + Tuck. Those are two legitimate keepers, and like I (and S-KFC) said you dont need Bartel as a captain, you already have Ablett.

I wouldnt go either out of those two new options. Maybe Lockyer, but im not sold on him.

Yeah, neither. Maybe Newman + Ziebell? Provides that extra security that you will need in your backline.

But Newman is more of a sc player and won't improve much. Not a keeper imo.

Also, if i go with ziebell, then i would have 2 rookies starting in the forward line. I am finding this really tough lol.

I have 500k to buy a player in the backline and forwardline. I am looking to get a medium/keeper in the backline and a forward who will play on a regular basis. I am quite worried about having two rookies in the forward line. I am in desperate need of help lol.

But Newman is more of a sc player and won't improve much. Not a keeper imo.

Not a keeper? Even if he doesn't improve from last years average, he is still very much a keeper in my eyes. :p

Ablett is also more of an SC player. Being a good DT'er and a good SC'er are not mutually exclusive.

this one is a bit complicated:
b.reilly+r.houlihan+cockie+c.pearce (last 2 on bench)+9k
vs
Masten+ N.Krakouer+Davenport+Petrenko +25k???

What makes you value Lockyer as a keeper over Newman?

Edit: My own conundrum:

Didak vs Sylvia

On face value no comparison. But the cash saved allows me to swap Ziebell to the forwards (instead of starting an 86ker) and pick up an Otten/Polkinghorne type. Bit safer with the rookies and it frees up some more cash. Im confident Sylvia can average 85-90 which puts him as a lower end keeper.

Thoughts?

What makes you value Lockyer as a keeper over Newman?

Edit: My own conundrum:

Didak vs Sylvia

On face value no comparison. But the cash saved allows me to swap Ziebell to the forwards (instead of starting an 86ker) and pick up an Otten/Polkinghorne type. Bit safer with the rookies and it frees up some more cash. Im confident Sylvia can average 85-90 which puts him as a lower end keeper.

Thoughts?
Sylvia averaged 93 in the last 7 games last year (IIRC), so he can definitely become a keeper this year. Didak is a safer bet but it depends if you think Otten/Polkinghorne are more likely to play than your other rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back