Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you basing that on? Lucas is old and coming back from a serious injury - has looked terrible so far. Sylvia is coming of a career season, is a number 3 draft pick and just completed his first full pre-season.

I would expect Lucas to score ~50-70, Sylvia 85+.

I expect he'll average more (80+)

Could not disagree with you more.

A) Sylvia will probably average more than 80 as well. Has been in the system for a while, showing gradual improvement most years, and had a good year last year. Was better than he's been in the past over most of the year, and finished it brilliantly with an average of 93.5 over the last 7 rounds. According to the Prospectus most players peak in their 6th or 7th year, I can't remember which it was but I can remember that Sylvia was one of the listed players.

B) Lucas is an ageing key forward who hasn't played a good game since 2007 and missed most of last year through injury. Plus he's playing in a structure which could now include Lloyd, Gumby and Neagle stealing points off of him. Plus he hasn't looked good in the NAB cup. Plus after Lloyd reinventing himself as a roaming forward last year, Lucas will probably be pushed closer to goal and his scores will suffer because of that. Plus he's a big injury risk at his age and after the year he's come back from.

The way I see it, Sylvia will average 85+ and Lucas will average 70 at best, and that's only if he's very very lucky. Lucas's case seems very similar to Tredrea's to me.

Its a bit stupid to pick a player on the assumption that two KPs in that team will go down. Even then, lucas just doesnt look fit at the moment. He will go well in the second half of the year once he gets up and running IMO, but early he will struggle. And to beat sylvia???? that will require an increase of about 35-40ppg on his price, which is quite unlikely IMO.

Lucas is favourite player in the competition, and i can assure you he is not finished as a footballer.

but his full-forward role is a concern though. he'll miss out on those 10-15 mark, 20+ possession games, 0 goals, but still score 100+pts. but i've got him down for 50+ goals in 09'... even if we finish 16th. i'm thinking Bradshaw 08.

I'm also having second thoughts about Lucas, and ergo was leaning towards the Sylvia option. If I do go down the Sylvia path, the only other dilemma is Fisher + Hasleby v Enright + Tuck

I guess it really comes down to what I am looking for from Hasleby/Tuck. I feel that Hasleby has the potential to become a season long keeper that Tuck lacks (due to Tuck's position at the Hawks) although I feel that Tuck will start the season with a bang and appreciate in price, whilst Hasleby is eased back into it.

On the subject, is Sylvia a legitimate option this year? Do people expect him to hold his average, or even up it to 90-95?

Lucas is favourite player in the competition, and i can assure you he is not finished as a footballer.

but his full-forward role is a concern though. he'll miss out on those 10-15 mark, 20+ possession games, 0 goals, but still score 100+pts. but i've got him down for 50+ goals in 09'... even if we finish 16th. i'm thinking Bradshaw 08.
Maybe your support for Essendon is blurring your judgement a little. Just a thought.

Collier/ Geary + Stokes
vs
Yarren + Enright + 30k (which will only end up in the bank as im happy with my team)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im gonna take 2 of grimes skipworth and krakouer

skipworth is worrying because he might not play and he might not keep his scores up

grimes..is he in melbournes best 22??...will he score better than the others?

krakouer...what is his role??

Thoughts on this?

Selwood & Hill + 28k (with Grimes on the field, and Collier on the bench)

or

Tuck & Malceski (with Grimes on the field, and Collier on the bench)

The money won't really go towards anything significant.

Thoughts on this?

Selwood & Hill + 28k (with Grimes on the field, and Collier on the bench)

or

Tuck & Malceski (with Grimes on the field, and Collier on the bench)

The money won't really go towards anything significant.

Tuck and Malceski, Hill is way too risky he might not even get games.

For my team:

Andrew Mackie and Daniel Cross

or

Luke Hodge and Chris Judd/Bryce Gibbs

Also in my forward line

Ziebell vs Hentschel.

Tuck and Malceski, Hill is way too risky he might not even get games.

For my team:

Andrew Mackie and Daniel Cross

or

Luke Hodge and Chris Judd/Bryce Gibbs

Also in my forward line

Ziebell vs Hentschel.

Can't go past Luke Hodge and Judd/Gibbs. Whilst Cross is Mr. Consistant, this combination will score more on a consistent basis compared to both Mackie and Cross together.

Personally i've got Ziebell, he's slightly cheaper and whilst he may not yet be guaranteed a game i feel more confident in playing him than Hentschel, who i fear may break down with injury again come sometime mid-season. Also i believe he has the potential to pull in some decent scores too and sustain a decent average to appreciate in price a fair bit. I just hope Laidley plays him! :D

Boak/Mcveigh + T. Tuck

vs

Pendlebury + Haselby

The only othe decision to make is Fevola vs Brennan!
Atm ive gone with Brennan but unsure.

Tough decisions all help greatly appreciated! :D

Boak/Mcveigh + T. Tuck

vs

Pendlebury + Haselby

The only othe decision to make is Fevola vs Brennan!
Atm ive gone with Brennan but unsure.

Tough decisions all help greatly appreciated! :D
Brennan injured tonight in Cairns vs Melbourne. Doesn't mean you should pick Fev though :p

Brennan injured tonight in Cairns vs Melbourne. Doesn't mean you should pick Fev though :p

Thanx mate, tough decision who to pick now, Sylvia possibly, ive gone off fevola i think
down to
sylvia vs leon davis?
wow this a tough decision, u really wish u had an extra 20k to make this one!:D

Also wat are peoples thoughts on my earlier issue
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back