Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Skipworth vs Swallow vs Mackay vs Coughlan vs Butler

None of the players you have listed their are renowned for durability, though Mackay and Skipworth played out the majority of 2008 at least.

Mackay and Coughlan are the only two I feel have good job security at the moment. Skipworth is an unknown, Swallow I'd say is probably more of a VFL player. Not too sure about Butler.

The safest option seems to be Mackay. Problem is he probably has the lowest ceiling of all the players listed. He doesn't get a lot of TOG (averaged around 60% from memory). Coughlan has the highest ceiling I'd say, being the most genuine midfielder, but he hasn't played at AFL level in two years, so I'm thinking he'll struggle for TOG early on (or may even play in the VFL to start). I'd personally go for one of Mackay or Skipworth.

Id actually go Tuck personally. The addition of Cousins to the midfield (along with Cotchin/Coughlan when over their injuries) means less attention being payed to him - unlike Selwood who is inline to cop more attention. Tuck also has a game more suited to DT, as shown by his finish to the '08 season.

Id actually go Tuck personally. The addition of Cousins to the midfield (along with Cotchin/Coughlan when over their injuries) means less attention being payed to him - unlike Selwood who is inline to cop more attention. Tuck also has a game more suited to DT, as shown by his finish to the '08 season.

This could also be a negative for Tuck, in terms of getting less rotation in the middle, with the abundance of Mids now on the Tigers list. Not saying that it will happen though, just a thought.

Out of Grant Ballantyne Sidebottom Swift and Robinson....who do u think will earm me the most amount of money?

Who is a better combination out of

Adam McPhee and Hayden Skipworth

or

Aaron Davey and Patrick Veszpremi

or

Campbell Brown and Scott Lucas?

McPhee and Skipworth IMO, simply because Brown isn't a very good DT'er, Davey has struggled in the past and Vesz not a definite starter for Sydney, Skippy isn't a definite starter either but I see more upside in him.

Heath Shaw- The highest scoring pontential but the most inconsistant. Can he mantain some consistency this year?

or

Jason Gram
- He's been talked up as getting more midfield time this year but with Goddard moving there and not shortage of MF depth for the Saints IMO i'm not convinced.

or

Bachar Houli- He's a lock in SC but not sure on DT credentials.

or

David Mundy
- Move into average Freo midfield could see improved DT scores.

or

Nick Malceski
- Not convinced he's past his injury problems but if he can return to 07' form will be bargain.

I know there is quite a difference in price but who do you think is the best value there?

Big dillemma here (expected scores in brackets)

Boak+Masten+Hille (90+80+90=260 hille injury prone, mastenOP)
or
Gibbs+Masten+Sandilands (95+80+85=260, sandilands inconsistent, masten OP)
or
Gibbs+Kerr+Jolly/Ottens/Fraser (95+85+80=260, kerr injury prone)
or
Gibbs+Boak+Mcintosh (95+90+75=260, Mcintosh ruck duty percentage, injuries?)????

This one is racking my brain.

Big dillemma here:
Boak+Masten+Hille
or
Gibbs+Masten+Sandilands
or
Gibbs+Kerr+Jolly/Ottens/Fraser
or
Gibbs+Boak+Mcintosh????

This one is racking my brain.

Personally, 2 or 4.

D Swan vs Joel Corey vs Kornes/Murphy/Cross
V............. V............... V
($33k)____($3.5k)____ ($50k-$61k)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And looked what happened. The Crows got smashed and ablett dominated. Do you think when 4 points is on the line that coaches will let ABC run around and tag Selwood? Surely not.

Selwood is much more damaging than Bartel and Corey. He will get the 2nd tag no doubt about that IMO of course. I think their were signs of it late last year and also obviousily the crows game. I think teams may now start to think Ablett is unstoppable, unless we have a gun tagger Crowley or someone f the like. If the teams dont back their tagger to have the ability to stop Ablett than these teams which is probably 11-12 of them will just go one on one with him. Whilst the tagger will go to Selwood who is much more tagable, however we are yet to see this and be able to determine this yet in his career thus far.

Tagging Order at cats
1. Ablett
2. Selwood
3. Bartel
4. Corey

If 1 cant be stopped by the tagger than the tagger goes to number 2 and number 1 gets a one on one. For example this would be a Hayes vs Ablett or a Simpson vs Ablett. Something of the like. Maybe a player a bit quicker but these are players used "head to head".

Malceski VS Adcock? (Maybe a dark horse like Clint Bartram?)

McIntosh VS Any other ruck? Can afford any of them, looking at Hille and Petrie.
I already have Cox.

Thanks
AdamG03

Heath Shaw- The highest scoring pontential but the most inconsistant. Can he mantain some consistency this year?

or

Jason Gram
- He's been talked up as getting more midfield time this year but with Goddard moving there and not shortage of MF depth for the Saints IMO i'm not convinced.

or

Bachar Houli- He's a lock in SC but not sure on DT credentials.

or

David Mundy
- Move into average Freo midfield could see improved DT scores.

or

Nick Malceski
- Not convinced he's past his injury problems but if he can return to 07' form will be bargain.

I know there is quite a difference in price but who do you think is the best value there?

I will end up with three of these I think. But if I had to choose it would be out of Shaw and Gram, as they are both proven scorers. I would take Gram I think because he is cheaper and I believe he will probably have similar overall output to Shaw.

I will end up with three of these I think. But if I had to choose it would be out of Shaw and Gram, as they are both proven scorers. I would take Gram I think because he is cheaper and I believe he will probably have similar overall output to Shaw.

I will probably have none. Gram would be the only one i would consider ATM. Im also interested by Houli he has the makings of a great dtmer. But whether he can play at a whole season is something entirely different. Also you need to ask yourself why your picking these players. A player like Houli wouldnt be a keeper because he will miss to many games, but besides that does he even have enough scoring potential this year alone. I dont think so. Could be an expensive "non keeper". He is interesting though. I think i could welcome him with both arms in 2010 if still a back and he shows some kind of durability this year.

I will probably have none. Gram would be the only one i would consider ATM. Im also interested by Houli he has the makings of a great dtmer. But whether he can play at a whole season is something entirely different. Also you need to ask yourself why your picking these players. A player like Houli wouldnt be a keeper because he will miss to many games, but besides that does he even have enough scoring potential this year alone. I dont think so. Could be an expensive "non keeper". He is interesting though. I think i could welcome him with both arms in 2010 if still a back and he shows some kind of durability this year.

Why will he miss games in 2009 if form is good? You say this for most players when giving advice, but why? I guess everyone should stay away from Richo because he may get injured and miss most of the year.

Bit off topic, but when did umpires start cracking down on midfield holds and aggressive tags? Was it last year. Got a hunch about something... :p

steve johnson or nathan g.brown?

And what are peoples thoughts on Josh Fraser?...could he be the 2nd best ruckman this year?

And what are peoples thoughts on Josh Fraser?...could he be the 2nd best ruckman this year?
He did average a tick under 95 in 2006 whilst playing every game. Problem is his matches over the last 5 seasons (including finals) is 18,23,5,18,20 which means by no stretch of the imagination is he durable. If he remains injury free this year though he veyr well could be the 2nd best ruckman this year and by all reports so far he is having a fantastic pre-season

He did average a tick under 95 in 2006 whilst playing every game. Problem is his matches over the last 5 seasons (including finals) is 18,23,5,18,20 which means by no stretch of the imagination is he durable. If he remains injury free this year though he veyr well could be the 2nd best ruckman this year and by all reports so far he is having a fantastic pre-season

I reckon Josh Fraser is a good pick this year although i havent picked him ive considerd him. He must stay fit though. And with no real 2nd ruckmen he should play a fair amount of time in the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back