Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyd and Maric

vs

Knights and Fraser

I think option 2 potentially gives me another keeper, but Knights and Fraser do have problems with staying on the park. What do others think? Thanks.
I think I would go with option 2, but Maric could really become a consistant scorer this year.

I would go for either Gia or Didak. There roles are certain, Harveys looks to have changed slightly.

H Shaw vs Newman

Ive had Newman locked in all summer, but he seems to be playing a much more defensive role this year. Raines and Mcmahon have had the bulk of the rebound work, so im a little unsure on him.

I dont know whether Shaw has learnt to break a tag, but if more teams start to play zones, it wont matter so much. Shaw always carved against the Hawks zone, so if other teams copy the Hawks, it could help his DT game.

Thoughts?

youd be a brave man to pick shaw, but if he can take out his piss effort weeks hed be top 5 defenders, therefore i see more upside in him than newman who should only hold his average, however is durable so if ur locking for the safe pick newman is good.

ur a hawks man, if ellis is fit by round 1 i think he could be better value than both :thumbsu:

Oh, and Gram vs Gilbee.

Personally I have been on Gram for a while and might stick to him.
But I am a big fan of Gilbee.

H Shaw vs Newman

Ive had Newman locked in all summer, but he seems to be playing a much more defensive role this year. Raines and Mcmahon have had the bulk of the rebound work, so im a little unsure on him.

I dont know whether Shaw has learnt to break a tag, but if more teams start to play zones, it wont matter so much. Shaw always carved against the Hawks zone, so if other teams copy the Hawks, it could help his DT game.

Thoughts?
I think Thomas and to a lesser extent Cox could relieve some pressure off Heater, so he will possibly score more consitently this year. But, Daisy might not play off half back and Cox might not make our 22 so who knows how Heater will go this year. Newman is the safe option but Shaw could be really good. Tough choice but I'd go with Newman, which is what I have done but I now have doubts oon him aswell.

The game on currently has changed my views and thoughts on some players so here is my situation.

Adcock + Coughlan

Vs

Drummond (is it worth the risk?) + Skipworth

Thoughts? I am leaning towards option 2 but Drummond is injury prone and i am not sure if he is worth the risk. Adcock doesn't look like he is going to improve much from last year and Skippy is just working very nicely in the essendon lineup (looks like he will play 22 games, in comparison to Coughlan).

The game on currently has changed my views and thoughts on some players so here is my situation.

Adcock + Coughlan

Vs

Drummond (is it worth the risk?) + Skipworth

Thoughts? I am leaning towards option 2 but Drummond is injury prone and i am not sure if he is worth the risk. Adcock doesn't look like he is going to improve much from last year and Skippy is just working very nicely in the essendon lineup (looks like he will play 22 games, in comparison to Coughlan).
I'd take option 2 since Cogs probably won't round 1. I'm also currently toying with the idea of Drummond, but I can't even imagaine how bad my backs would go with Drummond, Houlihan, Raines and Hill starting!

Yeah I wouldnt do that, waaay to risky. Drummond is a DT curse, the moment you pick him up he breaks down... :D

Im pretty happy the Pies won last night (cant believe I said that..), as it means I can watch another game of Shaws. I swore off him last year, but ive got a feeling he will pick up his game this year. If your opponent is zoning aswell, he shouldnt be getting tagged, especially in the backline.

Decisions, decisions...

i think an interesting comparison is

ziebell +78k or skipworth/lucas/higgins

i really really do not want rich or ziebell in my team but it is so hard not to find money to get rid of them as you need to downgrade about 2 or 3 elite. i dont see them as 40k better dt scorers than 86k players it is just that the safety of games is better. but they will only get an 80-100k increase in price and scores of no more than 50-60 on good days, i dont think it is good to have them.
the only good thing is that most teams will have them so it wont be too bad and you do get the safety of not just them but also of a couple more elite players.

J.Reiwoldt vs R.Houlihan

Ive liked the look of Reiwoldt this pre season and i think he can be a real improver, however Houlihan is probably the safer bet in regards to scoring. Although im still not sold Houlihan is in carltons best 22.

J.Reiwoldt vs R.Houlihan

Ive liked the look of Reiwoldt this pre season and i think he can be a real improver, however Houlihan is probably the safer bet in regards to scoring. Although im still not sold Houlihan is in carltons best 22.

i dont think houlihan can get 90+ games and i think he is really risky not just for starting 22 but i dono where he will play. if he plays forward he will just get 60s and 70s imo whereas reiwoldt will get some 80+ games but will also have some 50 games i think. however i still would have him before houlihan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

J.Reiwoldt vs R.Houlihan

Houlihan for mine. He'll play all 22 games if fit. Definitely in our starting 22.

He won't be a keeper, but he's priced at about 55 PPG and you can expect him to get that up to at least 70 PPG and probably closer to 75 PPG.

Safe option, too - only missed 7 games in 5 seasons of footy prior to 2008. His operation was different than most - was done to remove bone on the hip which has been hampering him for years, so it's possible that he'll be moving better than he did pre-op.

Tuck is closer than Morton. He does play a similar position/game as Lewis and Mitchell though, so thats a worry. Should play a few rounds early, but could be pushed out of the team. I think he is worth the risk.

On a similar topic: Kane Cornes + Travis Tuck vs Dane Swan + Paul Hasleby

I like Swan over Kornes, but prefer Tuck over Hasleby. Ive got a feeling that Kane wont be returning to his '07 scoring average, but that Swan will good for a 105+ average.

Anyone know where I can find stats from previous years? I want to look at Kornes tackling numbers for the last few years.

Tuck is closer than Morton. He does play a similar position/game as Lewis and Mitchell though, so thats a worry. Should play a few rounds early, but could be pushed out of the team. I think he is worth the risk.

On a similar topic: Kane Cornes + Travis Tuck vs Dane Swan + Paul Hasleby

I like Swan over Kornes, but prefer Tuck over Hasleby. Ive got a feeling that Kane wont be returning to his '07 scoring average, but that Swan will good for a 105+ average.

Anyone know where I can find stats from previous years? I want to look at Kornes tackling numbers for the last few years.

I have had a similar issue with Swan v Kornes but went with Swan.

I did this because I know what Swans role will be and he gets big scores considering his TOG which I am hoping will improve but at the very least, will not decrease. Kornes role might change throughout the year now that the serial pest J. Carr is back. Im not sure what his role will be this year so thats why I picked Swan over Kornes.

I hope that helps:)

And cheers for the opinion on tuck:thumbsu:

at the moment i have bartel and ablett starting. bad move?

also would i be able to get opinions on both D. Armitage, and D. mackay?

thanks

1. McPhee + Gibbs
2. Mundy + Boyd/Tuck/Gibbs
3. Drummond + Stanton/Cooney/Boyd/Tuck/Gibbs

Final decision and then my team is finished (for the 10th time lol :confused:)

Another question:
winderlich +25k v T Tuck V Reilly

Reilly or Tuck. Personally, I like Tuck.

My turn -

Newman, Robinson, B. Harvey v Birchall, Thompson, Walker

Each contains a back, a mid and a forward, although one has the rookie starting in the midfield and the other has the rookie starting in the forwards.

My turn -

Each contains a back, a mid and a forward, although one has the rookie starting in the midfield and the other has the rookie starting in the forwards.

Comes down to your structure really. I have Newman, Robinson and Harvey. Newman and Harvey for proven durability. If you look at Scott Thompson's start (draw), i think he will be quite cheap by round 7-8.

My turn -

Newman, Robinson, Gia :thumbsu:

Comes down to your structure really. I have Newman, Robinson and Harvey. Newman and Harvey for proven durability. If you look at Scott Thompson's start (draw), i think he will be quite cheap by round 7-8.

Yeah, for me it's a question of either 2 rookie forwards + 1 rookie mid or 1 rookie forward + 2 rookie mids.

Newman, Robinson, Gia :thumbsu:

Already have him regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back