Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you rate 1,2,3 out of:

Paddy Veszpremi ($286 400)
Shaun Higgins ($223 400)
or Hayden Skipworth ($219 700)

At this stage i have: 1. Higgins, but im not sure about veszper or skippy for 2. and 3.
They will probably get around the same score so perhaps skippy is better value.

Who to do rate?

Who would you rate 1,2,3 out of:

Paddy Veszpremi ($286 400)
Shaun Higgins ($223 400)
or Hayden Skipworth ($219 700)

At this stage i have: 1. Higgins, but im not sure about veszper or skippy for 2. and 3.
They will probably get around the same score so perhaps skippy is better value.

Who to do rate?
1.Higgins
2.Skipwroth
3.Veszpremi

Been thinking of better uses for my cash. I'm not so sure Myers will be the cash cow I think he is and have been considering the following:

Myers -> Hill
Save a huge amount of cash. Hill is obviously risker, but I think it's worth the 120k I save.
Lucas -> Skipworth
Not sold at all on Lucas. Don't think he moved well at all. Will improve with gametime, but looks to similar to Tredrea of a couple of years ago. Playing closer to goal will severely cut his scoring potential. Skipworth looks promising thus far.
Malceski -> Lockyer
Malceski's a risk because of injury. A number of options around that 340-380 range, with Lockyer in at the moment.
Knights -> Kornes
While I think Knights has a lot to offer, Kornes has a huge ceiling and is as safe as any DTer. Gives me another captaincy option.

All up,
Myers, Lucas, Malceski and Knights
become
Hill, Skipworth, Lockyer, Kornes + 20k.

I like it - thoughts?

Anyone?

Hi everyone,

I have a tough one that I cant work out at all.. my mind changes all the time.

Masten / Hille / Riewoldt or Richo

vs

J. Selwood / Lade or Ottens / J. Brown

Positions 2 and 3 look pretty clear to me I think. I just don't know if what I gain there will be lost by including Masten instead of Selwood. With tags going to Kerr and Priddis, Masten looks set to get a lot of the ball.

Thanks in advance
Easily the first option.
Masten will step up this year, but I would personally not have him in my team as there is better available.
Hille I think will be the new Dean Cox. This is my i'm maybe going to change my ruck combo to Hille + Sandi to save 20k.

dont think malceski is that big and injury risk...still young, has proven to be a good dter and is cheap, very cheap
agree with the analysis on lucas, hadn't likened him to tredrea before but there are similar signs
agree with the addition of kornes as well

Been thinking of better uses for my cash. I'm not so sure Myers will be the cash cow I think he is and have been considering the following:

Myers -> Hill
Save a huge amount of cash. Hill is obviously risker, but I think it's worth the 120k I save.
Lucas -> Skipworth
Not sold at all on Lucas. Don't think he moved well at all. Will improve with gametime, but looks to similar to Tredrea of a couple of years ago. Playing closer to goal will severely cut his scoring potential. Skipworth looks promising thus far.
Malceski -> Lockyer
Malceski's a risk because of injury. A number of options around that 340-380 range, with Lockyer in at the moment.
Knights -> Kornes
While I think Knights has a lot to offer, Kornes has a huge ceiling and is as safe as any DTer. Gives me another captaincy option.

All up,
Myers, Lucas, Malceski and Knights
become
Hill, Skipworth, Lockyer, Kornes + 20k.

I like it - thoughts?
Amazing transformation to be honest.. and you even save cash.
Will this mean your starting two players under 200k in your backline?

Amazing transformation to be honest.. and you even save cash.
Will this mean your starting two players under 200k in your backline?

Yeah - Raines and Hill. Obviously an element of risk there, but I honestly don't think that Myers warrants the 120k over Hill, given the freedom it gives me elsewhere.

Couldn't decide between what was Hayes v Bruce. I've now added Kornes into the equation aswell but I'm still not too sure on him. He seems to be handballing alot more then usual (compared to '06 and '07). Yesterday, despite racking up 31(?) disposals, he didn't even crack the ton (94). Right now I've got Bruce but I'm still not sure on either of them. Kornes seems the safest but don't think he'll reach his '06, '07 numbers this year, especially with the inclusion of Carr.

Any help? :)

for the option a few back, i rate dalziell over boak, even tho he is more expensive, dalziell is more consistent, and is more outside, and gets cheap possessions, and can run a tagger out of the game.

Yeah - Raines and Hill. Obviously an element of risk there, but I honestly don't think that Myers warrants the 120k over Hill, given the freedom it gives me elsewhere.
Your choice mate, but I personally think that Hill wont play the first 7 or so games. He will be in and out the side.

I agree, $120,000 difference in price between Myers and Hill doesn't justify the better player in this instance. I can only see Myers being somewhat serviceable at best, and can see Hill having a similar output to him when on game, although being a rookie it's risky not knowing whether he can have an instant impact and consistently score around 60 or so.

I assume you have Houlihan in your team, if not can you find a way to fit him in for Hill as he'll have a similar, if not greater output than Raines and certainly much better than the unpredictable Hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SJ + Houlihan vs Sylvia + Malceski

Im trying to get an extra keeper into the squad (currently have 13), and SJ is my scratchiest keeper. By downgrading him to Sylvia, I can up Houlihan to Malceski. Sylvia has just done his first full preseason, so im hopeful he can average 90 (I expect SJ to average 95, so not much difference). He has the sort of game that lends itself well to DT.

Malceski is obviously a risk, but he too has had a full preseason, and im hoping he can get back to his '07 form. Saves the trade on Houlihan too, even though he represents good value initially.

Thoughts?

I assume you have Houlihan in your team, if not can you find a way to fit him in for Hill as he'll have a similar, if not greater output than Raines and certainly much better than the unpredictable Hill.
Yeah, Hoops was one of my first picked. I haven't brought Hill in just yet - am a little hesitant. There's a few midfield spots up for grabs at the Dockers though round 1 teams will determine which way I go.

for the option a few back, i rate dalziell over boak, even tho he is more expensive, dalziell is more consistent, and is more outside, and gets cheap possessions, and can run a tagger out of the game.
More consistent??? Over what? His whole seven games?
Can run a tagger out of the game? Have you seen him play with a hard tag?

Have you seen how much Dalziell runs? The reason he gets so many possies is beacause he runs so hard to always be in position for the recieve. I highly doubt many taggers could stay with him, he has a massive tank.

I already have Ablett, so:

Bartel + Hill (on the field) + Suban (bench) + 60K

or

Swan + Grimes (on the field) + Hill (bench) + 5K

???????????????????????????????????????????????

It is an extremely tough one which could make or break my team.

Why not consider Bartel/Swan + Grimes (field) + Suban (Bench)?

Yeah, Hoops was one of my first picked. I haven't brought Hill in just yet - am a little hesitant. There's a few midfield spots up for grabs at the Dockers though round 1 teams will determine which way I go.

Yeah, i don't see many other viable options for cheap backline players apart from Hill that you'd be confident enough in playing as your 7th defender. As long as you're confident that your bench players have a fair chance of playing if Hill does happen to miss a game or two, then you'll be fine. But as you said just wait and see whether he is selected come round 1 and make a judgment based on that.

Is the downgrade from Myers to Hill integral in order for you to do the other trades to acquire Skipworth, Lockyer, Kornes + 20k? If so, i'd take the risk and include Hill as he offers you too much upside by allowing you to upgrade and improve your team dramatically.

Pendlebury + Hill + 86K defender

vs

Travis Tuck + Grimes + Hill

The third player will be a reserve player. I'm taking the punt on Drummond in my team which is why I'm keen on having one of Grimes or Hill on my bench as I don't trust Suban/Petrenko/Rance enough to get regular games.

Pendlebury + Hill + 86K defender

vs

Travis Tuck + Grimes + Hill

The third player will be a reserve player. I'm taking the punt on Drummond in my team which is why I'm keen on having one of Grimes or Hill on my bench as I don't trust Suban/Petrenko/Rance enough to get regular games.

Both valid options... The other question would be whether Tuck can produce good scores week in week out. It's a proven point with Pendlebury so I'd be inclined to go the first option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back