Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which would you prefer:

Pavlich and Fraser (my initial choice, but fraser is fragile and has only produced one season in the last 5 where he's played every game. Will Pavlich maintain his average as well?)

vs

Gia and Sandilands (Gia is super consistant, Sandilands not as much but is more durable than fraser)

vs

Hille and >395,600 forward (Hille is the obvious second best ruckman, but will the remaining money allow me the luxury of another premium forward)

EDIT: Or HMac and some spare cash to splash around. I'm really not sold on Hamish though. Effective ruckman, iffy DTer

What do you think?

Which would you prefer:

Pavlich and Fraser (my initial choice, but fraser is fragile and has only produced one season in the last 5 where he's played every game. Will Pavlich maintain his average as well?)

vs

Gia and Sandilands (Gia is super consistant, Sandilands not as much but is more durable than fraser)

vs

Hille and >395,600 forward (Hille is the obvious second best ruckman, but will the remaining money allow me the luxury of another premium forward)

EDIT: Or HMac and some spare cash to splash around. I'm really not sold on Hamish though. Effective ruckman, iffy DTer

What do you think?

Hille isn't obviously the second best ruckman because Simmonds scored more than Hille. It comes down to your structure. Of those combos i would take Gia and Sandi, but it is what you feel happy with.

What about higgins v skipworth in the forward line? It's giving me major headaches!

I've got to make some tough calls in my forward line

Gia v Chapman

Riewoldt v pavlich

And most difficult: Higgins v Skipworth

Sending out an SOS here people....

I've got to make some tough calls in my forward line

Gia v Chapman - I would take Gia because he'll more than likely score you more over the season. Chappy too much of a risk imo.

Riewoldt v pavlich - Much of a muchness, but I believe Pav is a better bet to keep his value at the start of the year. Roo is renown for having a slow start to the season and he has had a slight knee injury during the preseason.

And most difficult: Higgins v Skipworth - If I had to choose, Higgins is definitely in the Bulldogs best 22 whilst Skippy is probably in the Bombers best 22. I like both of them, but Higgins is a safer bet imo. Both should score similarly.

Sending out an SOS here people....

I hope this helps.

Brennan + Fraiser

or

Stokes + McIntosh

I know there both risky, but theres really nothing else I can do. I have Rich starting, but I can downgrade him to a player like Robinson.. but that may be a bit of a risk..

Help? :eek:

Which would you prefer:

vs

vs

What do you think?
2nd option for me.

Brennan + Fraiser

or

Stokes + McIntosh

I know there both risky, but theres really nothing else I can do. I have Rich starting, but I can downgrade him to a player like Robinson.. but that may be a bit of a risk..

Help? :eek:

I think 2nd option.

I like Brennan and Stokes, so for me it is out of Mac and Fraser. I'd go for Mac because he is more likely to play more games than Fraser. I see very similar outputs for both of them, somewhere between 75-85ppg.

McPhee V Waite V Gram

As a Bomber supporter, I just can't see how McPhee can play forward this year with Lucas, Lloyd, Gumby and Neagle already been earmarked and Hille and Laycock also showing the aptitude to kick goals in the past. So, he should play back/wing where he can get back to his previous role where he racked up the kicks/marks.

Waite should go well this year, but I think he will competing for possies with CJohnson, Scotland, Carrazzo, Thornton and Gibbs (I know he's not a back, but he likes to get back there and pick up cheapies).

Gram has the potential to average of 90ppg, but I just have no faith in the guy. Just a bit soft for my liking.

Am I just being biased in thinking there is more value in McPhee or am I onto something?Thoughts please..

Am I just being biased in thinking there is more value in McPhee or am I onto something?Thoughts please..

Not at all. I see McPhee very much like N Bock from adelaide. Get alot of cheapies on the half back line, but both have had their DT scores harmed by idiot coaches moving them forward. McPhee is cheaper this year due to playing forward last year. Certianly worth the 'risk'. I have Bock in my side at the moment, and pondering saving 40k by looking at McPhee.

in Nab1 he was moved forward and back (and struggled DT wise with 47, nad 2 with Lucas forward he was used in the backline and put up 94. I guess the risk is that at any time Knights can screw up his scores.

I guess it depends what you are thinking they will end up, is McPhee a Keeper? probably not a premium.

If McPhee can average 85+, he is a keeper (IMO). Ive currently got him in my side, as I dont see any room for him to be played up forward. Should be set for a big year, and is quite cheap to boot.

Brett Kirk vs Joel Selwood vs Scott Pendlebury vs Rhys Palmer

I'm leaning towards one of the 3 younger players, but there are good perspectives for all 4

Brett Kirk - Solid performer in the Swans midfield and should have a consistent score each week with a decent average.

Joel Selwood - Will be a superstar in the future. He should get a fair bit of the ball with the close tags going to Ablett, Bartel and Corey. IMO he is cheap for what he could end up averaging.

Scott Pendlebury - Is a classy player that gets a a fair amount of kicks. Could attract the occasional tag but still will score pretty consistantly. IMO i think this could be his break out year and could push up into the 90 ppg average.

Rhys Palmer - Not too sure about Rhys Palmer. Had him in my team last year and he was handy to have but im not 100% sure if he will get better or keep up the same form this year. Will attract more tags this year even with Hasleby back. But Hasleby could take some of the pressure off him for being the best Freo midfielder.

Any other thoughts to help me out would be handy. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood is probably second in line for a tag behind Ablett, and Pendles is getting close to the number one threat from Collingwood. Both will probably attract tags more weeks than not.

Not all about keepers hodges. Grimes and hill will play way more games than hill and suban early IMO, so thatd be my pick.

Heres one of my own.

Reilly v Tuck

Reilly

Price: 284k

2004___14 games___averaged 55.1
2005___22 games___ averaged 55.8
2006___22 games___ averaged 76.0
2007___16 games___ averaged 75.3
2008___8 games____ averaged 64.0

Very good preseason, running the 3km TT in under 10 mins (a personal best), is said to be resolved and injury free. Reilly continuously impressed at training, and bulked up a bit in the offseason (look at the photos on some of the adel boards training threads and he is ripped!). Also was voted ‘trainer of the week’ by the players.

Could have a bit of a role change to HB. This role change could be positive for his scores, but maybe he could be given the odd lock down role? Id personally prefer it if he played more MF.

He is pretty injury prone, though looks to be fit and firing this preseason.

Scored 66 in round one of NAB cup.

For me, i think reilly was ready to break out last year but injury got the better of him. While he has never been a major ball winner, he has been able to produce some good DT scores:

2007: 109, 115, 101, 107, 117
2006: 100, 113, 108, 122, 102
2005: 118
2004: 117

Also, I think he is already underpriced by 10ppg (from 2006/2007) and when you factor in improvement, I think 80-85 isn’t impossible, which would be a good return.

Tuck

Price: 276k

Only played the one game in 2007 (scored 53) and 8 in 2008 (averaging 62). He has been on the fringe during this time, and we all know how good the hawks have been over this period.

With Crawford retiring there could finally be a spot for him, and his nab cup form has been very solid. However, he may still slip in and out of the side on a few occasions with someone like mcglynn.

While he doesn’t have the same history as Reilly to look for guidance on scoring potential, his scores of 74 and 99 in the NAB cup show him to probably have a mark around 80 IMO. However, he may be gaining more MF time in the NAB than he will in the season when the hawks bring back a few stars.

Thoughts?

I'd go Reilly simply because he's definitely best 22. Also as you said Tuck's midfield role might change when some of the Hawk guns come back. Here''s one I've been pondering, Adcock or Drummond?

Revised:
Boak+Hill+Suban*
or
T.Tuck+Grimes+Hill*
or
Reilly+Grimes+Hill*
or
Masten+Grimes+Suban*?

* indicates player on bench

What do you think?
Not sure, that's while i'm asking.
Boak is expensive, could have a great year but then again how many times have young players disappointed in that regard. Would mean i have to start hill, who probably won't play consistently. Poor DT score vs geelong.
Tuck is getting good scores but might not hold his place.
Reilly is capable of very good scores but is injury prone, and means i have to replace petrenko with a rookie (c.pearce) on the bench
Masten doesn't have a very high ceiling, but should play every game.

pretty simple here-

cox(105) and reilly(80) or

hille(90) and gibbs(95) both scores come to 185.

i really want cox and know hes a must have but doubts over reilly.
hille and gibbs are 2 keepers.its a hard choice thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back