Player Comparison Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brennan
or
Sylvia

Both number three draft picks and have shown they are capable of high scoring.
Brennans inconsistency is a worry and Sylvia playing for Melbourne is putting me off him.
Who will score better this year?

Waite - Not sure how accountable he will play. Could have cheapies taken off him by Carrazzo and Gibbs when they float back and the addition of Chris Johnson could also hurt his DT score
OR
Gram - May play more midfield, but with Goddard already moving, may not play as much midfield as anticipated.
OR
Gilbee - Also thought to play more midfield, but having averaged 78.3, 78.6 & 78.6 in the last 3 years, may not have that much improvement left in him as he was already playing the QB/playmaker position
OR
Bate - Another player thought to get more MF time, could have 10+pt improvement in him. However, with some of Melbourne's KPP injured, may not get as much MF time as thought
OR
Brennan - Capable of scoring well, but is also fairly inconsistent. As i am taking some gambles elsewhere in the team, his inconsistency may prove costly.

I currently have 370k left to spend on one position. Im willing to move Houlihan into the forward line so the last player can be either a back or a forward.

Also what are people's thoughts on Raines v Grimes?

Constructive thoughts with reasons would be appreciated
Anyone have any comments besides picking me up on a little mistake?:eek:

(And does anyone remember why Gram had a slow start to the season last year? (Only 3 scores >65 till round 9))

Brennan v Fev v Lloyd

All averaged similar scores last year.....Brennan - been burnt before but is this the year.......Fev - is this Carltons year.......Lloyd - has that, score high one game, bomb the next.........thoughts anyone???

Brennan
or
Sylvia

Both number three draft picks and have shown they are capable of high scoring.
Brennans inconsistency is a worry and Sylvia playing for Melbourne is putting me off him.
Who will score better this year?
I'd go with Brennan, as you said Sylvia playing for Melbourne is off putting IMO.

And?

There is no real indication that he is guaranteed increased TOG. There have also been some posts backing up that he could in fact get a tag this year, how this would affect his scores who knows. I'm sure he'll increase his average but I'm not confident he'll average 100 this year.

He may well average 100 though.

Bomber Thompson has gone on record to say that Joel will get more midfield time this year, it has been increasing anyway since his first year. I think he will be great, but there are also plenty of other players around that price who I think will also be value.

ill try again if someone can help me out with a few comments please??

Kade Simpson v Danyle Pearce v Chris Masten??

thoughts re value for money and scoring potential...

ill try again if someone can help me out with a few comments please??

Kade Simpson v Danyle Pearce v Chris Masten??

thoughts re value for money and scoring potential...
I really like the look of Simpson. He's pretty consistent and has looked very good in the NAB so far, I'd go with him.

Roger Hayden + Chris Knights/Travis Boak

vs

Travis Tuck + Chris Newman

leaning toward option 2 as C.Knights is the only mid above Rich on the field and newman would beef up the backline.
but will TT play majority and score well enough? or am i overreacting to a couple of good games in NAB cup?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Thompson+Malceski
or
Bartel+houlihan?

cant decide, advice would be great

If you dont hav ablett or swan i would look at swapping them for bartel and then free up some cash for another player. I think Scott Thompson is a bit of a risk.

Deledio vs Hodge vs Murphy vs Dalziell

If you dont hav ablett or swan i would look at swapping them for bartel and then free up some cash for another player. I think Scott Thompson is a bit of a risk.

Deledio vs Hodge vs Murphy vs Dalziell

what makes you say that "Scott Thompson is a bit of a risk"?

D.Thomas V A.McPhee V A.Monfries V T.Cloke V C.Tarrant

only want one of these players, currently leaning towards travis cloke however thomas and tarrant are playing on my mind.

thoughts?

Scott Thompson+Malceski
or
Bartel+houlihan?

cant decide, advice would be great
Bartel + Houlihan easily. Bartel, proven scorer and great captain. Houlihan has been discounted due to last years injury ravaged season. Can score way more then what he's priced at.

Scott Thompson seems to struggle sometimes, posting pretty average DT scores. Take away his run of 4 massive scores (153, 137, 129, 141) and he's average drops to 90ish.

Malceski seems to be doing well from all reports but I personally wouldn't take the risk on him. Can score big though ('07)

D.Thomas V A.McPhee V A.Monfries V T.Cloke V C.Tarrant

only want one of these players, currently leaning towards travis cloke however thomas and tarrant are playing on my mind.

thoughts?

I would keep McPhee in the backs. Dale Thomas hasn't done too well in the NAB Cup games so far. Has potential but maybe not his "break-out" year but can still score well. Monfries seems to be more of a defensive forward that negates the "QB" so I'd stay away.

That leaves Cloke and Tarrant. I would personally choose Cloke because he seems to have much more scoring potential. Some reports say that Tarrant might go into the backline. Still don't know whether that will impact his scores negatively or positively

I would keep McPhee in the backs. Dale Thomas hasn't done too well in the NAB Cup games so far. Has potential but maybe not his "break-out" year but can still score well. Monfries seems to be more of a defensive forward that negates the "QB" so I'd stay away.

That leaves Cloke and Tarrant. I would personally choose Cloke because he seems to have much more scoring potential. Some reports say that Tarrant might go into the backline. Still don't know whether that will impact his scores negatively or positively

mind you one of the nab cup games thomas was a reserve player and only came on halfway through the third quarter IIRC.

but yer we will see him play again on the weekend.

Apologies if this comparison has been made already.

Paul Hasleby VS Shaun Grigg.

This comparison is for my 5th starting midfielder this season, and I'm not sure which way to go at the moment.

Hasleby will be an extremely popular choice this season as he is cheap for a player of his calibre, having come off a season-long injury.

Grigg will be a much more unique pick. Very underrated youngster in the Carlton midfield. Has shown this preseason (and I know it's only preseason) that he has stepped it up a little and is getting more of the ball than he may have last season.

Hasleby is the riskier selection due to his status of coming back from injury, and therefore the amount of games he will play is anyone's guess. I would think he'll play most games, but there is far more risk with him than with Grigg, who I would be surprised if he didn't play every game for Carlton this season.

Most will pick Hasleby as they think he has a higher ceiling in terms of scoring and price - but does he really? Is it really worth saving around 8k to get a riskier player like Hasleby, rather than spending that little (and I mean really little) more money to get a safer pick like Grigg?

buddy vs deleido??

i reckon deleido might get tad a bit more this year
and buddy is a freak

pritty tough choice i reckon!!

I think a wise choice would be to go with Delidio first up given how Buddy is recovering from his shoulder op. Then monitor his comeback and maybe make him an upgrade option once you're confident he's back to his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back