Player comparison thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally havent heard of an injury, and by all reports im hearing he's absolutely flying, got pulled out of our intra club match last week because he's been going TOO hard at training and they didnt want him to burn out early (sounds ridiculous i know).

Not saying this with any knowledge of the particular case in question but from an injury management/prevention standpoint it is highly unlikely someone would be rested unless there was some underlying issue. However it also sounds like it is not something which should pose a problem in a month's time come season proper.

Personally what I would take from this particular information (assuming its correct) is that all going well from here there is nothing to sway DT selection either way.

Simmonds: i dont know what its called, its like that grey/light brown/beige sort of thing that goes on your knee! Nothing to worry about, but yeh.

I know who my top 3 forwards are - not saying i will pick them all but yeh, i know the order that i rate them.

Are you talking top 3 end of year, or top 3 to start with? Ive got a plan with my forwards and so far ive stuck to it. Should pan out pretty well for me. Hopefully. :p

My top 3, as in the first 3 i would select in my team for round one. Doesnt necessarily mean they will be top 2 come end of season, but yeh, thats what i meant.

I cant decide who to go with :confused:

Gilbee, Franklin and Fevola
or
Gram, Deledio and Roughead
or
Birchall, Harvey and Porplyzia
or
Chornes, Gia and McPhee?

Thoughts would be muchly appreciated :thumbsu:

I cant decide who to go with :confused:

Gilbee, Franklin and Fevola (Too inconsistent)
or
Gram, Deledio and Roughead (Too unbalanced)
or
Birchall, Harvey and Porplyzia (Best)
or
Chornes, Gia and McPhee? (Only just behind)

Thoughts would be muchly appreciated :thumbsu:
Here's my take on that.

Looking at my team, Kornes might actually be a risk/better value. :(

Do you mean there may be better value than Kornes and he's a risk? Care to explain why? I think it's hard to go wrong with Kornes, but that's based solely on his record, and nothing else.

I'm still undecided whether to stick with him or drop him down to Selwood. Atm, I have Ablett, Swan, Kornes and Gibbs as my main mids.

touche.

Lockyer+butler
or
Malceski+T.Tuck?

Butler and tuck both primed for big seasons. If fit, butler is guaranteed a game, not so sure about tuck in that regard. Lockyer is a gun DTer, and malceski disappointed at the end of last year, still not sure if he will get back to his best. In his last fit season (06), butler averaged 83, at that time he was 20 years old. Has said he is the fittest he has ever been in a pre-season. At only 217, is a great cash cow.
Defs leaning towards butler and lockyer

Dilemma with my forwards now! Looking at my 6th forward, plus other options that the save cash will buy me.

1) Ziebell (6th fwd), Walker (7th fwd), S Fisher, Enright
2) Skipworth (6th), Walker (7th) Gram, Newman
3) Ziebell (6th), Yarran (7th), Gram, Newman + $35k

I guess the main problem is whether to start Ziebell or Skipworth as the 6th forward. I've got Rich starting in the mids, and Hill starting in the backs already so would 4 starting rookies be too many?
not sure how serious it is but yarran pulled out of the NAB cup game and iced his ankle. He looked to be getting alot of attention and soon went into the room

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucas and higgins over both. But I would take Houlihan at this point. Vezi is only going into his second year whilst Houlihan has proved to be a good dt'er.

yes agreed.
i already have higgins atm so its a toss up between houlihan, vezi and lucas.
im thinking houlihan because he has the experience.
and IMO lucas could break down with injury

not sure how serious it is but yarran pulled out of the NAB cup game and iced his ankle. He looked to be getting alot of attention and soon went into the room

I don't think it was anything too serious, just a precautionary measure on behalf of the coaches who saw it wise to rest him for the rest of the match rather than risking him and causing further damage to his ankle.

I'd say he'll be fine to line up against the Hawks, otherwise if the swelling hasn't subsided it'll most likely be the week after. Either way he'll be fit well in time for round 1. :thumbsu:

I don't think it was anything too serious, just a precautionary measure on behalf of the coaches who saw it wise to rest him for the rest of the match rather than risking him and causing further damage to his ankle.

I'd say he'll be fine to line up against the Hawks, otherwise if the swelling hasn't subsided it'll most likely be the week after. Either way he'll be fit well in time for round 1. :thumbsu:
Yeah, it's hard to get an idea on how serious the injury is due to it being NAB cup... they wouldn't risk him at all just for that match so it's understandable he went down the races.

A few comparisons here for peoples opinion.

Ablett v Bartel
Bock v Birchall v Gram
Didak v Richo
S Thompson v Kornes

All thoughts appreciated! I have my players pencilled in, but just interested to hear what others have to say.

^^ even though i hate this shit.

Bartel
Birchall
Didak
Kornes

IMO, make your own judgments thoush like you said.

I think people are better off asking. I have a 350k mid and im thinking of downgrading him to a 300k mid to get the extra 50k so i can upgrade my 385-390K mid to a captain option.

300K (mid pricer) + Captain option (premium) vs 350k (potential keeper) + 385k (keeper)

^^ even though i hate this shit.

Bartel
Birchall
Didak
Kornes

IMO, make your own judgments thoush like you said.

I think people are better off asking. I have a 350k mid and im thinking of downgrading him to a 300k mid to get the extra 50k so i can upgrade my 385-390K mid to a captain option.

300K (mid pricer) + Captain option (premium) vs 350k (potential keeper) + 385k (keeper)

Interesting. I had Bartel, Birchall, Richo and Kornes but then started having doubts about Richo/Didak. Probably have them 50/50 at the moment... I guess I'm just a little wary of Didak because of his indiscretions, but then I'm also unsure how Richo will backup this season. Surely he can't be used the same way the whole year? I'll probably stay away from Harvey... I just think he'll have a quieter year this year.

As for your query, I would probably go with the premium and mid-ranger. The way I see it is that you really want the premiums in your team at the end of the year, so the best way to get them is from the start. That's how I'm picking my team... If I'm going for keepers, I'm going for a lot of the real premiums.

After the first round of the NAB Cup ... I'm thinking of a couple of changes but can't make my mind up. So any suggestions/opinions/help would be appreciated.

Sam Lonergan or Hayden Skipworth as a 6th Midfielder?

Trent Hentschel or Chris Yarran as the 7th Forward?

And I'm looking to replace Luke McPharlin with a similarly priced (give or take $15k) forward .. any suggestions (I was initially thinking Buchanan or Mark Williams)?

hey

im thinking either

1) Kane cornes, Joel corey and ryan shoenmakers (7th back)

or

2) dane swan, joel selwood and stephen hill (7th back)

Im probably leaning towards the latter as i think hill is almost a must have and also because shoenmakers could cause me problems if he isnt selected. any advice would be great thanks

@tarkin
i would go with hayden skipworth as your 6th midfielder. he is more built and far more experienced than sam lonergan and knights really seems to see a perminant spot for him in the team. hard at it midfielder

and i wouldnt be keen on either yarran or henschal, henchal will probly keep his spot but only manage 30-40 points a game. yarran seems to be the steriotypical extremely inconsistent indigenous player who will frustrate you if he holds down his spot. i would look at maybe ballantyne or taylor walker instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back