Not open for further replies.

Roughead vs. Porplyzia vs McPhee?

and

Cornes vs McMahon vs Birchal vs Gilbee?

and

Deledio vs Harvey vs Giansiracusa?

Oh and add Fev to the first comparison

So,

Roughead vs. Porplyzia vs McPhee vs Fevola?

and

Cornes vs McMahon vs Birchal vs Gilbee?

and

Deledio vs Harvey vs Giansiracusa?

i'd be surprised if Harvey didn't make the top7 fwds based on overall pts scored this year. up around 2000pts from 22.

he's a lock for me.

whos the better option-sandilands ottens or simmonds is a tough one.thoughts?

also i have ablett and corey in my squad. by downgrading them to kornes and cross i could get cox. but i looked at it this way.
ablett 110ppg, corey 110ppg, sandi/ottens/simmo 85ppg=305 points

cross 100ppg, kornes 100ppg, cox 100ppg=300 points

so as you can see its a tough selection there. i really want cox but just dont wana get rid of ablett and corey. and the rest of my team is settled and i dont wana compromise that by trying to make sum money to get cox.what do i do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak vs Knights

Only $400 difference in price and both averaged 83 in 08. I can't split them. Thoughts?

I have the same dilemma but am going with Knights because for one im a crows supporter lol and boak will be surrounded by classier midfielders

masten i recon, the only way is up for masten and tuck struggles to get a game for some reason

Vespremi or Swallow? dont just look past swallow, take a look??

C.Masten Vs T.Tuck?

Forget the starting price, think of the value and potential.

Masten is a walk up starter when fit,is Tuck?

Will they average similar anyway?

Also considered both. Tuck seems to be on the fringes of Hawthorn's team, I'd pay up the extra 30K for Masten who is certain to be in his club's best team.

I do think Tuck is a ball magnet and could turn into a DT gun though. Not sure if it'll be this season. Even if he gets a game regularly, TOG could be a problem.

Vespremi or Swallow? dont just look past swallow, take a look??

Swallow not a certain starter. And not a DTer.

Giansiracusa vs S.Johnson???
Gian more consistent but johnson more damaging (provided he stops the unselfish business)
Proud vs Butler vs Skipworth??
Butler the fittest he has been in a pre-season. Proud being talked up, perhaps he will break out. Skipworth was great vs WB. Leaning towards proud because he will get the least injuries.

Giansiracusa vs S.Johnson???
Gian more consistent but johnson more damaging (provided he stops the unselfish business)
Proud vs Butler vs Skipworth??
Butler the fittest he has been in a pre-season. Proud being talked up, perhaps he will break out. Skipworth was great vs WB. Leaning towards proud because he will get the least injuries.

Proud was suspended indefinitely recently wasn't he?

Ottens, T. Tuck, Richo vs Simmonds, Haselby, Stevie J

Im not sold on Ottens, his inury history worries me. Besides Simmonds '07 campaign, he had only missed one game in 4 seasons. Seems to be a better lock'n'leave option. Richo down to Stevie is a bit of a downgrade, but apparently he is flying at the moment. If he can maintain a mid-90's type average, he is definately keeper material.

Second or Neither?

Ottens: Dont like his injury risk, if i was picking him, id want him to be getting at least some form of hit out in the NAB cup games like cox did.

T.Tuck: Probably best 22 now, but not certain.

Richo: Still one of the best players in the comp, but age is a worry.

Simmonds: For me, im going lock and leave, and this man IMO is more likely to play 22 games then hille. Little knee brace thing does worry me a tad though, as does age?

Hasleby: Didnt look crash hot in NAB.

SJ: Being eased into PS again.

Id get into Giansiracusa instead of SJ - great last two years, looked good in NAB cup, and smashed intra club on friday apparently.

Proud was suspended indefinitely recently wasn't he?

proud is currently suspended due to off field dramas over the pre season. he will be back, but certainly not round 1.

outside of that he has had a great pre season and all the lions fans can't wait for his return. one to watch to get later in the season.

Dilemma with my forwards now! Looking at my 6th forward, plus other options that the save cash will buy me.

1) Ziebell (6th fwd), Walker (7th fwd), S Fisher, Enright
2) Skipworth (6th), Walker (7th) Gram, Newman
3) Ziebell (6th), Yarran (7th), Gram, Newman + $35k

I guess the main problem is whether to start Ziebell or Skipworth as the 6th forward. I've got Rich starting in the mids, and Hill starting in the backs already so would 4 starting rookies be too many?

Second or Neither?

Ottens: Dont like his injury risk, if i was picking him, id want him to be getting at least some form of hit out in the NAB cup games like cox did.

T.Tuck: Probably best 22 now, but not certain.

Richo: Still one of the best players in the comp, but age is a worry.

Simmonds: For me, im going lock and leave, and this man IMO is more likely to play 22 games then hille. Little knee brace thing does worry me a tad though, as does age?

Hasleby: Didnt look crash hot in NAB.

SJ: Being eased into PS again.

Id get into Giansiracusa instead of SJ - great last two years, looked good in NAB cup, and smashed intra club on friday apparently.

With regards to Simmonds, what knee brace are talking about? I havent heard anything bout him, well nothing bad anyway.

Ive already got Gia in the team, and I dont like the other options around his price. I found this tidbit on the Cats forum:

I personally havent heard of an injury, and by all reports im hearing he's absolutely flying, got pulled out of our intra club match last week because he's been going TOO hard at training and they didnt want him to burn out early (sounds ridiculous i know).

Can any cats fans back this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back