Opinion Player list management and game plan 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I am not coming to be a smart asse, the crap we put up with from Essendon supporters last year over Stringer, was simply unbearable and I would not inflict that on anyone else.

The Chad, I can’t believe someone who told prospective recruiters in his draft year, that he wanted to stay in SA, would be contemplating a move to Victoria. Apart from some media commentators is there any sound sources that this is a possibility. It seems the media are just quoting each other.

The only way this could be happening is if Port are desperate to get their hands on one of the SA boys in the draft, but if that is the case is Port rebuilding, and I don’t think that is the case. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate hearing about it.

If you find out what we're doing, can you let us know please? Thanks

When Chad was off his game in the first half of this season I posted that his body language just screamed one thing - “what the hell am I doing out here”. In fact his attitude stank!
And I guess that from his great years (2013/14) his form has been disappointing.
So what do we do?
When Impey was having a sook last year in the EF it was obvious to all that he did not belong at Port. Well Chad has been sooking on and off for the last 4 years.
If there is a trade out there, go for it!
What a truck load off shit!

We now have a body language expert.

Arrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmyyyyyyhhhheeeeeeaaaaadddddd!

Liked him in his draft year but with mitchel priddis retiring and then gaff getting rubbed out still doesn't get a look and masten does worries me.
Masten is one of the best 2 way runners in the league and his field kicking is exceptional . We have had a great run with our mids this year injury wise . Even sheed and ahchee have struggled to get a game .
Partington has a few things to work on but is the kind of player you dont want to lose because he could end up a great player with opportunity

The Chad, I can’t believe someone who told prospective recruiters in his draft year, that he wanted to stay in SA, would be contemplating a move to Victoria. Apart from some media commentators is there any sound sources that this is a possibility. It seems the media are just quoting each other.
Wingard has made public posts on Instagram laughing at all the trade publicity, saying for people not to get sucked into the media's shenanigans.

From our perspective it looks possible that Port have honestly said to him, we want you to pull your finger out and consider whether Port is going to get the best out of you, or whether you need to consider another club.

It looks like Wingards preference is to remain here, and this was probably all done to give him a rocket more than anything.

We did the same thing to Hamish Hartlett a couple years back, and nothing happened. Wingard moving looks even less likely.

Even if Wingard actually eventually decided that he would agree to being traded, the club still isn't just giving him away, they're just putting his name out there and seeing what we can get for him. I'd suspect it'd need to be a pick 5-10 + pick 10-15 to be seriously considered.

Last edited:
So what is with all the melts, grandstanding revisionism, blatant lieing and allround douchebaggery and muppetism regarding polly? Let the campaigner go people. Who gives a shit. The hypocrisy is outstanding.

He was more than happy to be drafted to lions. Left for family reasons. He played 16 games in 3 years for them, a solitary 1 in his final season. What was the rhetoric when we traded for him? Family/SA/twin brother/foot/brother......
Whats the rhetoric now? Down trodden super star under valued. Well, im sorry, i thought he was purely family oriented and homesick?
Im not saying he is'nt capable, because there have been more than 1 handfull of games in his entire 90 game career with us where he has "turned it on." Its not like we are losing Wingard or anything! But seriously, get over it people.

To be fair, some people have been insinuating inside info about Chad and him having some sort of issues that have been limiting his performance all year. Not sure if they mean on or off field, but theres been a lot of garbage speculation. If people know something they should just be saying it or shutting up.

Chad is not the player he was when he started. Go back an watch highlights of him in 2014. He was a freak then. Good player still now but something or a combination of things have resulted in a decline

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
His main difference is his one touch clean hands have gone. To me that seems more confidence than anything.

It's amazing how our coaches have taken a prodigious talent like Chad and turned him into a 2 grab marker, and far less clean and composed player. As if his confidence and natural instincts have just been eaten away.

In the same way that they've taken a young Ollie Wines that just had an incredible goal sense, and turned him into a bloke who now would feel nervous kicking for goal from the goal square.

His main difference is his one touch clean hands have gone. To me that seems more confidence than anything.

It's amazing how our coaches have taken a prodigious talent like Chad and turned him into a 2 grab marker, and far less clean and composed player. As if his confidence and natural instincts have just been eaten away.

In the same way that they've taken a young Ollie Wines that just had an incredible goal sense, and turned him into a bloke who now would feel nervous kicking for goal from the goal square.

It is as if they have had the instinct coached out of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember the days Chad used to fly for a grab and just clunk it at least half the time.

Now I reckon he's lucky to take 1 in 10.

He's lucky to fly for anything at all. Firmly grounded these days.

Chad is not the player he was when he started. Go back an watch highlights of him in 2014. He was a freak then. Good player still now but something or a combination of things have resulted in a decline

I think some lowlife bad excuse for a human rammed his head into a goal post in 2015 and his confidence hasn't been the same since

it's like Impey going from a non-starter to a regular in the Hawks team

it's like Impey going from a non-starter to a regular in the Hawks team
He's the exact same player he was for us- at best a 15 disposal 1 goal impact player. Any difference is down to how he's being used.

When Chad was off his game in the first half of this season I posted that his body language just screamed one thing - “what the hell am I doing out here”. In fact his attitude stank!
And I guess that from his great years (2013/14) his form has been disappointing.
So what do we do?
When Impey was having a sook last year in the EF it was obvious to all that he did not belong at Port. Well Chad has been sooking on and off for the last 4 years.
If there is a trade out there, go for it!
Yeah except one of those players is impey and the other is a two time AA who still managed over 20 and 1 this year when he was supposedly having a terrible year.
If the coaching staff can't get the best out of wingard that's another good reason to move on the coaches. Any forward in the history of the AFL would be cracking the shirts having to play in our forward line.
Given our current game plan relies on Gray kicking 4+ goals in a qtr to beat any decent team we probably shouldn't be moving out the only other guy in the team with the potential to do this.
Wingard is a marquee player who brings in a lot of fans along with what he contributes on the ground each match and the exact player we need to keep and get the best out of. Why in hell would you trade him for draft picks that one day might turn into a player as good as he already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back