Club Legend
Suspended
Jan 15, 2006
I like blink-182
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Team Toni Pearen™
This thread will be following Leon's 2006 season for the 'Player Support Draft'.

----------------------------------

NAB Cup - Round 1, V's St Kilda

Position(s): Started on a wing, but soon found himself mis-matched on too many occasions with Nick Riewoldt. After a few spells on the pine, Leon returned to a wing with patches in the middle, as well as a short stint up forward towards the end of the match.

Match Review: A typical Leon game. Showed some good work ethic in close with some nice tackles and harrassment, but his chasing was erratic - working hard one minute and slacking off the other. Spent about 90% of his gametime in the middle of the ground, on a wing and on the ball. Skills were decent but didnt appear to have his ground speed of previous seasons, however this could be put down to the fact that it was the first real hitout of the season.

Match Rating: 6/10.

Match Stats: K:10 HB:3 M:2 - T:4 G:0 B:0

569401897ju.jpg

Davis in action against the Saints at the Telstra Dome.

I disagree, at best i think he was 3/10 for the game. I kept my eye on him a lot throughout the game, to see where he was positioning himself, and he was ordinary. His chasing was pathetic, if any play or opposition breaks close to him were more than 5 mtrs outside his radius, he walked or stopped and watched it happen. He has got to learn the pressure side of the game and get involved in it 100% of the time instead of someone else doing it for him.
It has to be his last chance this year - get fair dinkum about his footy and lose the show pony attitude he has is the only way for him to stay on. How often do we see Leon do all the right things to get the ball in front of goal, then veer left or right to kick the ball around his body, rather than straighten up and seal the deal with 6 points. :mad: Do i give the impression that he gives me the sheisens? Probably more frustration that we know what he could be, yet spasmodically delivers.

I also disagree, 2/10. Leon always gives "heart-hearted" efforts, nothing spetactular. He doesn't chase hard enough for an AFL footballer. He doesn't go in for the hard ball. He is a true outside player.

Leon is the most fustrating player at Collingwood. We know he has the ability, but he doesn't produce often enough for my liking.

• Banned
i thought he was just above average, hence my 6/10 (5/10 being average imo).

you guys commented on his chasing or lack thereof, and as i said it was erratic. he did apply pressure on some occasions, and on others he slacked off. again, i said this.

i thought his ball work and harrassing in-close was pretty good on sunday, but i guess everyone sees different things. :)

dids4 said:
i thought he was just above average, hence my 6/10 (5/10 being average imo).

Leon has a very low average so its not hard to "out perform" his own form.

Least he played better than Chris (Inflated ego with no heart or balls) Egan :D

Nardz said:
what is your obsession with egan, did he steal your mrs or something?
No obsession. Just a pathetic player and another pathetic blunder by our recruiting team.

Coin_Toss said:
If Egan was a mistake by our recruiting team, what was Davis?
Was Davis a top 10 pick?

Anyway

Davis > Egan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Support Draft - Leon Davis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back