Player X or Player Y (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hall v Medhurst is a punt I guess.

i know they have done my head in for the past few weeks along with kennelly vs. malceski. i ended up going hall (for not at least still a few mins left!) wat are ppls thoughts on that?

i know they have done my head in for the past few weeks along with kennelly vs. malceski. i ended up going hall (for not at least still a few mins left!) wat are ppls thoughts on that?

Stuck with Medhurst, logged out, done.
No reason between one or the other, maybe age & gut feel & roamer vs stuck forward.
Dont know if it holds any weight but its a reason I guess.

Was about to trade Higgins to Lockyer, Gray to Tippett and Rockliff to Duncan but then Lockout happened and the trades didn't go through. Do you guys think that it was a blessing in disguise?

I'm a little worried Stanton could turn into a $500k player making him a must have. I don't have long to decide but not many have shown the kind of preseason form he has.

Well on his way up :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

JBrown with 130+ even with Fev having 11 scoring shots?

He's looking ominous.

Fev affecting his scoring was always rubbish. People have to remember Browny is a true CHF, he is at home roaming up around the wings. When he is able to play like this, he ends up getting a lot of marks and a lot of disposals, most of them kicks.

Fev is more dangerous at FF than Bradshaw was, Brown isn't needed to sit at home as much now. Browny also had a very good preseason by his standards, even playing the majority of the NAB cup games, which he very rarely does. Was the 3rd person i picked in my team behind Goddard and Riewoldt.

Also to note is that Brown doesn't usually go that well against the eagles. Glass usually plays him pretty well.

I know its only 1 week but i reckon Brown's going to be a super pick. I never believed in the fev having any effect. His effect wouldnt be anymore than Bradshaw at the lions. Both take the best full back in the oppos side and both play at of the goal square.

There were two thing stopping me from picking him and they were i was settled already with my forward premiums (Gia, Buddy, Pav, Voldt, Okeffe). Pav wouldve been the one to get the flick but i knew he would perform in the real thing. The toher was the main reason and that was due to his usual slow starts, but his pre season was similar to that of the voldt and he scored 2 73's in pre season which shouldnt meant a good pre season for him.

Im not doubting any of my premiums but Brown will the first premium forward i try and get, and than Goodes would be the other and also consider Lockyer and Davis. (although i think davis is in for a big drop in his avg).

Really? I need a player who can consistently score 95-100s and i saw what this players score can do when it's a fast following game.

I'm assuming you want to do a straight swap. What player in that price bracket did you buy who won't potentially be able to pull out the 95s and 100s?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you ask me thats a wasted trade. Especially in Round 1. If you must, make it next week. Ball is playing Melbourne this week, a team he loves to play incidently.

Can't believe people are considering sideways trades.... fail.

Yes Anthony, Brown and Carazzo and some others all look tempting... but well... i'm happy with my side, no one is injured, everyone bar my throw away 77k ruck got a score. Game on. Will start looking at X v Y if some of my rookies score < 20 next week and are on crap BE's vs other options. But even then i'll only do max 1 trade there and it's unlikely because all rookies asides from Gumby fired up. So yeah, LTIs or nothing till Round 6.

I'm a bit worried about davis after he barely managed 70 with a last quarter surge in a blowout win. He isn't getting that run on the ball he did last year... Ball taking his minutes?

With Ball there, it pushes Scott Pendlebury back to being an outside midfielder. We have an improved Sharrod Wellingham to use in that role too, which means we don't really need Davis or Didak rotating through the midfield, and they'll probably stay floating around the forward line like they did against the Bulldogs.

Had Hunt on the feild, and silvagni on bench. Worth the swap for rd2, or hope for the best?
I think hunt might struggle for rd2, whereas silvagni might not keep his spot for rd2? :( halp!

Ball has always had good Points Per minute (ppm), after seeing he only had 18 possessions on the weekend I expected him to have very low TOG. Turns out he was on the ground for 76%, great signs for Ball, if he can continue to have 75-80% i guarantee he will average 95-100. Remember he is a tackling machine, makes up for his lack of marks.

Ball has always had good Points Per minute (ppm), after seeing he only had 18 possessions on the weekend I expected him to have very low TOG. Turns out he was on the ground for 76%, great signs for Ball, if he can continue to have 75-80% i guarantee he will average 95-100. Remember he is a tackling machine, makes up for his lack of marks.

Exactly Spence, not sure why people are so worried. Ball scored an 80 with only 18 possessions (a quiet game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back